Visual novel spinn-off of anime part 1

bakauchuujin

21 hours ago, Clephas said:

Anime spin-off vns are 90% crap.  I don't understand why they still make them.

I've only read the Re:Zero one and it was just simply OK. Felt like they blew their entire budget on the 3d characters or something cause it lacked in nearly every department

1 hour ago, Kirashi said:

What kind of endings are there in the Umaru game?

one for the gremlin Umaru, one for UMR her gaming identity and one for outside Umaru. Then there is also one ending for Ebina one for Kirie and one for Sylphinford. On top of that there are as I mentioned extra endings after that where Umaru ends up in some proffesion depending on stats.

1 minute ago, bakauchuujin said:

one for the gremlin Umaru, one for UMR her gaming identity and one for outside Umaru. Then there is also one ending for Ebina one for Kirie and one for Sylphinford. On top of that there are as I mentioned extra endings after that where Umaru ends up in some proffesion depending on stats.

The endings for umaru are what she will become in the future? The others routes are romance ending?

1 minute ago, Kirashi said:

The endings for umaru are what she will become in the future? The others routes are romance ending?

Ebina one is romance, as for Kirie and Sylphinford it is more so about their connection to their respective brothers, not incest like but just things like getting along better and understanding them better. As for Umaru her routes also kind of is about her connection to her brother in a non incest way, what she will become in the future is seperate from the routes and the typical ending and is just kind of a bonus ending after the ending.

Sounds pretty boring tbh. I think a big appeal of such a VN would be to take the story and characters in wildly different directions than the anime. More like choose how things go. Cba going though a vn which more or less follows the beats of the original works.

23 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Sounds pretty boring tbh. I think a big appeal of such a VN would be to take the story and characters in wildly different directions than the anime. More like choose how things go. Cba going though a vn which more or less follows the beats of the original works.

These types of VNs generally aren't that impressive. A few I would consider good but mostly they are just decent enough and that generally means an okay enough read primarily from having characters you already like and the interactions between them being decent and not from a interesting or great story. Some are also just really horrible, will get to some of the really bad ones in later parts.

About the Umaru VN what impressed me the most was that they really went in far with the romance with ebina compared to what other similar VNs based on anime tend to do (btw this is still very far from what your typical mid length eroge does) especially with her not being built up too much to be a love interest in the anime. Also some jokes were quite well done and I can remember some fun situations. I would consider it a decent read if you like Umaru, but not really something you need to go out of your way to read, you will probably have a much better time going for highly rated vns on vndb than going for it.

Edited by bakauchuujin

As for why we have spinoff anime VN, one of the possible answer is to milk the fans of the anime who want to see more of their favorite characters. Although of course the quality can be vary here and whether the VNs can bring the same quality like the anime or not is also depend on the staffs, and in that front the answer can be either good (Like Date A Live VN) or bad (Like Saekano VN). In any case, as for the first batch of the anime VNs here no much to say other than Nisekoi did add the original heroine.

19 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

In any case, as for the first batch of the anime VNs here no much to say other than Nisekoi did add the original heroine.

Otama in Nisekoi Yomeiri isn't actually a heroine but rather a cute loli that has importance for the VN. There is no romance with her and no route dedicated to her.