Giving Away K-On High School Manga! Details Within!

Ryechu

So for some unknown reason, I got a second copy of Kakifly's newest K-On manga K-On! High School, and because I have no intentions of sending it back, and I really don't need a second copy of this, I'm giving it away to one lucky person on the forums!

So here's what you need to do to get signed up:

1)  Reply to this topic with your favorite Visual Novel, as well as why it is your favorite.  I don't mind if it's a single sentence, but I'm deciding on something new that I'd like to read, so I figure I would do it this way.

That's it.

This drawing will close at 11:59PM Central Standard Time (GMT-5) on November 6, 2013.

Now, all the other silly rules, etc.

1) This contest is open to anybody, anywhere.  I live in the US, but will ship the item internationally to anywhere, and I will pay the shipping and other taxes.

2) Posting multiple times on this thread will disqualify you, end of story.

3) The winner will be determined by using a random number generator to select the post number.  This means that if there are 56 posts, I will use the generator to pick a number between 2 (since my post does not count) and 56.  If the generator picks 37, then the 37th poster will receive the prize.

4) The winner will be contacted via PM on Fuwanovel.  You have one week from the end date (November 13, 2013) to claim your prize.  If you do not claim your prize, I will reroll my random number generator and pick a new winner, and the same rules will apply.

5) If you are selected as a winner, I will require your name and address in order to ship the item.  I will not ask for any additional information.

6) Unfortunately, I will not be responsible for lost or stolen prizes, nor will I furnish a new prize should it be lost or stolen.  I will do my best to add a shipping number, but some international destinations do not provide this feature.

7) Entries not following the instructions provided above will be considered incomplete, and not accepted.

Please contact me with any questions you may have.
~Ryechu

Well, might as well...

Favorite VN: Cocoro@Function

Reason: Well, Grisaia was going to go here (or MLA, but MLA is mainstream), but since you're looking for new stuff to read (I dunno if you know JP or not) I decided on Cocoro. I can't really explain it, I guess the thought of having tablets inside of VNs (even if you can't do anything with it) is really interesting to me (something we should've gotten with Robotics;Notes FOR PC, 5pb. MAKE IT HAPPEN). So fair, I can't get any rest from reading this VN. It's got me hooked on it for reasons that I can't explain. You'll have to read it yourself to understand.

Little Busters! Is my favorite visual novel.

Why: I decided to play the novel after watching season 1 of the anime adaptation as it was also my first visual novel experience and i wanted to see what it felt like to read the novel since i was fairly disappointed with the lack of romance and other things in the anime. Words can not describe how it felt to play through each single route, discovering so many more things that were left out in the adaptation and more importantly to feel the emotional intensity that each character brings out that's a lot more present in the novel. It not only gave me my favorite character of all time it also made me cry more than once at certain stances, particularly Kud and Haruka's routes with such touching backstories that the novel managed to bring out a lot better than the anime adaptation. Characters and emotions aside, the story is beautifully constructed and mysterious which always leaves the writer wanting to find out more and more about it and reach the core of it and when that happened to me i felt both a wave of satisfaction and sadness as i knew it was the end of the novel right there. 

No other novel left me as emotional and as attached as Little Busters! did and that is why it will always remain my favorite.

My favorite will be, and always be the first visual novel I read, that being Clannad.

You just CAN'T reproduce that feeling you get from reading through your first visual novel, and being such a nakige fanatic that I am now, you can imagine how I felt throughout the entire novel.  I had seen the anime prior to reading through the novel so I of course had some bias towards it, but holy crap I was shocked at how good the novel was, and at how many other scenes there were and how many other scenarios were possible with the characters.  My favorite character from the Clannad world being Kotori Ichinose, and after reading through her route in the novel, it had struck me that "I NEED MORE OF THESE!"  Further expanding my reasons, I have always had a huge pet peeve of horrible character development when it came to story/plot/anything fictional, and Clannad blew me away at how nicely all of the characters changed, I could not have had a better time with it.

Tough choice. As mainstream as it is, I must say Muv Luv as a series (ML extra/unlimited/alternative/altered fable). 

Reason : 

There is very few VN that can do the same that Muv luv can. Right now I am reading the whole series 3rd time within a year and it still keeps my interest. 

Action is really well done, lots of drama, very memorable characters and awesome story with good voice acting. It is a VN that has main character who you can easily relate to and understand. Muv luv is also one of those games that really can make you happy or sad and both at same time. Truly a masterpiece in my mind.

For me it'll be "Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo".

Not only is it set in a small village in a  present-day dystopian society, it also shows the importance of "freedom" and "individuality", things we mostly take granted, that are not in totalitarian countries.

Geh, enough of this crap.

What I try to say is, that it combines political/social topics like "freedom", "individuality", "society" with personal e.g. "love", "friends", family", "career", "duty", "future" etc.

It tries to make the reader question the world he/she currently lives in.

Sometimes I believe it is more philosophical than it should be, in a good way of course.

But it is not an all-gloomy story at all, because, as almost all VNs, it features comedy during the routes.

The main character is easy to relate to and most importantly not dumb.

There are 3 main heroines, which are all stereotypical VN-girls:

First is shy, long-haired, coodere, a slight airhead and basically the quiet type. (Normal chest)

Second has a ponytaily, is deredere and the energetic-but-lazy-when-it-comes-to-work type. (Big chest)

Third is short-haired, good-willed, tsundere with a big mouth. (Yes, she IS flat-chested)

There also is a fourth, secret heroine, which I won't talk about as of now, don't want to spoil the fun.

Also, there are five endings, each of these has some kind of epilogue, which tells you what happened to the main character and your heroine a few years after the main story ends.

H-Scenes are fairly normal. Nothing worth discussing. No rape, NTR or anything like that.

In the end "Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo" is a very beautiful VN, which tells us a dramatic story set in a society where people are oppressed by the government every day.

For me, out of all of the few VNs I've read, I have to say Katawa Shoujo.

The story starts with you in the middle of a love confession, and then, suddenly, BAM! to the floor with a heart attack. Shcoking beginning, I think.

Some people I know have categorized it as weird, because of the girls you have to "deal" with. They all have some sort of disability or impairment, but that isn't a hinder for the story. It's so well written, I couldn't say I didn't fall in love with the characters, especially Rin.

Anyway, if you have already read it, maybe you think the same as me. If you don't, then go and download it. It's worth every minute you spend on it.

My favorite VN is Saya no Uta.

If it wasn't for this VN I'd not read VNs

When people give examples of VNs where the sex is without a doubt well integrated into the plot this VN is often listed as an example. That said, it's not enjoyable sexual content, it just helps make things more creepy later when everything starts falling into or out of place depending on how you look at it.

It's creepy without any cheap thrills or loud bangs you typically find from the horror genre

It's like this nugget of epic dark poetry that will leave an impression one way or the other.

I guess it'd have to be Clannad.

At it's core it's straight up SOL, but it's SOL life done right. You get to learn about a ton of different characters, and the sheer amount of time spent with the main characters really gets you attached to them. There are other amazing VNs: Little Busters, Ever17, Steins;Gate, Muv-Luv, you name it, but no VN I've read to date does SOL better.

I'll say Little Busters! is my favourite VN.

It centers around the theme of Friendship and bonds of "nakama", so it's refreshing to be constantly reminded of the wonders of friendship throughout the entire story, even right up till Refrain. (Clannad focuses more on the theme of family bonds) :)

My favorite VN are Yumina the ethereal and I'm not sure you have play it or not

Reason: Well is very fun and good RPG gameplay to play, It have good storyline and character, background, sound and music are very good, And the Dungeon Crawling game are very good, You don't know what will happened in Dungeon and it have many surprise.

Sorry for the late response!  The entries closed last night, and due to some unforeseen circumstances I had to be out of town!  But do not fret!

Using the random number generator found at http://www.random.org/, doing numbers between 2 and 14 discounting Tay's post (thank you, by the way), the generator rolled a "5."  This number corresponds to shcboomer!

I will be contacting Boomer, congratulations!  To everybody else, thank you kindly for your insight into visual novels.  While I have read most of the stories on here (YMK, @Nay, being one of my all-time favorites), I've decided to go ahead and go with Little Busters!

Thank you to everybody on that end!

(Also, @Dr, I picked up Cocoro. It's on my to-read list.)