Sony backtracks, will no longer be closing the PS3 and Vita online stores

tahu157

I'm sure you've all seen but everyone was super upset with Sony for announcing the shut down the PS3, Vita, and PSP stores which was gonna happen in July and August I think. Well, they just backtracked on that and have announced that they will keep the PS3 and Vita stores open "for the foreseeable" future. The PSP store will still be closing as scheduled but to me that's less impactful than either of the other two.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/19/playstation-store-on-ps3-and-ps-vita-will-continue-operations/

So, I guess I get to keep access to Alice: Madness Returns now, which is the only game I've ever bought on PSN.

Anyone who is interested, I'll give you a list of psp games I recommend you buy from the Vita store before they vanish:

Growlanser IV 

All PSone classic jrpgs (With emphasis on Xenogears and the first two Suikoden games, which have failed to transition to Steam, as of yet)

Persona 3's PSP version (considered the ultimate version by most)

Normally, I wouldn't bother mentioning these, but the Aedis Eclipse games are decent strategy rpgs.

Yggdra Union

Edit: Almost forgot Persona 2 Innocent Sin, which is ONLY available there.

On 4/23/2021 at 4:44 PM, Clephas said:

It's worth it... the voices are just better.

Yeah I only made it through chapter 0 when I decided I had to switch. The English voice acting was super forced somehow, Kind of surprising too because I thought the English voice acting for Drakengard 1 was really good. I still would have liked to play that with Japanese voices if given the choice, but I was pretty impressed with the English voices.  Charging $4.99 for a voice pack that most games include free is kinda lame, but oh well.