NekoNyan Announcements - 29/03/2021

Mr Poltroon

Yesterday NekoNyan went ahead and did a bunch of announcements, as can be found here:
https://nekonyansoft.com/blog/time-to-reveal-the-sekrit-projects-and-other-news-part-1

And in a nice bit of a prank, they immediately followed up with an unexpected(?) part two! And indeed, unexpected announcements were found within:
https://nekonyansoft.com/blog/time-to-reveal-the-sekrit-projects-and-other-news-part-2

I have to say, NekoNyan has successfully established itself as consistently producing excellent titles. One looks at their translation teams and we get translators like Blick Winkel and ReadingSteiner, and editors like DxS, Decay and FredTheBarber, as well as their own regulars. I'm glad things seem to be going well for them.

• Mr Poltroon changed the title to NekoNyan Announcements - 29/03/2021

I'm about to make the thread here. Oh well. Anyway, here's the project in case you didn't want to browse Nekonyan's site. Also note that I add the 'Secret Project' here, and the reason is because all of Nekonyan's announcements are their secret projects.

Secret Project 1 - Ren'ai Karichaimasta

Ren'ai, Karichaimashita

Because of his family's unique circumstances, the only thing Yuki put his faith in was that "Money will make my little sister happy." To this end, he regularly worked a part-time job until late at night.

His goals were to graduate as soon as possible and get a full-time job. But, one day as he was leaving for work, his little sister told him, "If Yuki isn't going to college then I won't either." He knew he couldn't put such a burden upon his little sister.

So, in order to gather the necessary sum of money to enter university, Yuki signed up for a "human employment rental" website. It seemed extremely suspicious, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

He starts his new job...and for some reason, a girl in his class asks him to be her pretend-boyfriend. Then he's hired to pretend to be a woman's lover, another girl's friend, and even the older brother to a pair of twins!

The details of his fake relationships with these girls begins as soon as he takes their money!

Secret Project 2 - Cafe Stella to Shinigami no Chou

Café Stella to Shinigami no Chou

Takamine Kousei was living a carefree college life until, one day, he tragically died in an accident. But then, the bizarre happened: Takamine Kousei opened his eyes again. And what's more, when he woke up, it was the morning of the very day he had died. He proceeded to relive the same day, unable to grasp the reality of his situation. Kousei soon realized that his previous experience was not some prophetic dream, nor was he experiencing deja vu; everything was taking place the exact same way.

Overwhelmed by fear due to the unbelievable situation he has found himself in, he came back to the place where he had died. Then, at the moment of the accident, Kousei met a death goddess accompanied by a talking cat. The death goddess informed him that he has not yet avoided his death. In order to escape his grisly fate, Kousei must assist the death goddess with her work. And naturally, this means the opening of a café together.

By rewinding the world, Kousei may have overcome his fate for now, but can he overcome the certain death his future holds for him? This is the story of one man's love and his defiance of the world and his own fate... maybe?

Secret Project 3 - Sugar * Style

Sugar * Style

Spring needs to be a more fun season!!!

Getting deceived by an evil woman, having a had debt made by my parents who ran away at night... After a consecutive streak of trouble I was unable to decide on what to do after graduating. But then, I was helped by my kind relatives who introduced me to a local specialty school where I enrolled.

"This time I'll will enjoy my life!!"
And full of expectation in my chest, I reached the "Hidamari Dorm".

It turned out that it was a dorm where only women live in. It must be the place for my fateful encounter...! Is what I thought, but naturally, everyone was wary of me as the only man...!
But I won't give up...! This time, this spring, I will definitely enjoy myself!!

Secret Project 4 - Mirai Radio

Mirai Radio to Jinkou-bato

July 10, 2061, Sunday. City: Nariyama. Prefecture: Chiba.

Yamanashi Sora redevelops the radio while tinkering with some components.

"...Just in time."

That day marked the fifteenth year since the artificial pigeons started consuming electromagnetic waves.
Sora began broadcasting with the radio left to him by his father.

The next day, after his first rocky broadcast, a mysterious message is picked up by the radio.

"This is a follow-up report on the Firmament's fall on August 1st. The death of a civilian named Yamanashi Sora has been confirmed at the former site of Terminal 1. A number of injured people has also been confirmed in Nariyama's International Sky Academy."

It’s a radio broadcast from the future.

“I'll... die in three weeks...?”

After listening to the ominous broadcast, Sora steps into the terminal for the first time in fifteen years. It was the former gateway to Japan, the same place where Sora lost his parents. The building was in ruins, a shadow of its former glory, now a nest to countless artificial pigeons. There, Sora meets a silver-haired maiden. She looks straight at Sora, gently brushing a still artificial pigeon's head with her finger.

"...You won't die."

The girl says calmly while Sora stands dumbfounded.

"Because I have decided so."
“Because I want you to.... look up at the sky and smile, Sora.”

This is how Yamanashi Sora and Hazuki Kaguya met.

Secret Project 5 - Aoi Tori

Aoi Tori

November, winter.
Sitting at the base of two mountains is Kirihara Academy, an all-girls Christian boarding school.
Men are normally forbidden on the premises, with the sole exception being the protagonist Shiratori Ritsu, who both attends the academy as a student and serves as a priest.

Ritsu has the power to bring "bliss" to anyone he touches, with the potency being higher if it's sexual in nature.
He's targeted by demons for having this miraculous power, and has never once left the academy.
The girls consider him an "angel", with many coming into his carnal embrace in search of "bliss".

Burdened by the sin of killing one of these girls, Ritsu vowed to put others' happiness above all else.

Caught in a chaotic mix between the pure and the obscene, Ritsu spends his days on the precipice of insanity.
That would soon change, however, with the arrival of a single girl.
The curtain of our story rises, and Mary Harker, a vampire at the end of her hundred-year long journey, takes the stage.

Sharing the spotlight with her, is the voice of a demon on the other side of the phone.

Can the power of "miracles" really bring people happiness?
What is the value of being born into this world?

This is a story of life woven with words of prayer--

PS - First of all I like the announcements very much and I look forward to Sugar * Style release at April 30th later even though apparently it's less good compared to either Fureraba or Makeover. While Cafe Stella here is sort of predictable, I'm still look forward to the release of it. Good job that Laplacian got Nekonyan to license Mirai Radio, and perhaps Nekonyan here might be the one who'll license Aojashin even though apparently Laplacian will try to going independent there. Karichaimasta here looks like Sukiren in that it'll full of comedy or something like that, although looks like it'll be better compared to Sukiren. Lastly Purple Software here is really flexible when it come to localization partner, and I'll look forward to the eventual release of Aoi Tori.

Edited by littleshogun

They seem to be the only company thats not sleeping atm, after Totono all JAST have done is release nukiges, mangagamer doing the same, after Maggot Baits its mostly dumb Overdrive games and Nukiges from them, its been like 3 years since Hapymaher and they still havent done any other game from Purple Software even though i'm pretty sure it was one of their bigger releases (even without steam). 

Guess Nukiges make more money? I hope Nekonyan doesnt start mass releasing those though, looking at their projects though we'r good till late 2022 :sacchya:

Well I would say that Mangagamer is not that bad with their next Overdrive VN (Musicus) release looks quite good, although whether people can still find it good or not it's up to each of their own, and don't forget that they still have Sona-Nyl in queue in which it seems possible for them to release it at this year. About JAST, after Kimikoi they've released Flowers Automne, Majikoi (It's a redundant one though), and Eiyuu Senki GOLD in that those three are far from what I think as nukige. Granted that they still not quite active and the releases are not as appealing as Nekonyan, but at least JAST already took a lot of improvement when it come to the releases compared to what they've used to in the past.

To conclude this while the other companies releases are not exactly what I'm interested here, I can still say that they still quite active on their own (ie not sleeping). Although if you say that Sol Press was sleeping, well perhaps you have a point there.

PS - I know that some if not most of the recent releases from both of Mangagamer and JAST are nukige, but even with that kind of releases they still active enough, doubly so if we consider that we have pandemic (I'm not going to lying that I want Mangagamer to announce more of non-nukige well known VN if possible).

Edited by littleshogun