[Approved] (Front Site) Similar/Related Novels

Again, the title says most of it.

Reasons for bringing it up for discussion:

• Easier for VN beginners to find similar games to the ones they already played.
  • We already have a widget header for it, though it was previously unused
Problems with it:
  • None. Needs people to assign some, otherwise this feature is useless.
Implementation details:
  • New admin panel section for managing relations.
  • Use the existing widget header:
widget-title-browse-similar.png
  • Move current "Random Visual Novels" to the empty sidebar in the Otomege section:
ejw7Herh.png

kNzduWwh.png

I fully support this idea as i myself have had trouble browsing fuwanovel in search for a similar novel to one i previously played since there's no feature on the site currently to allow this with ease. The only thing that'll take some time is assigning related VNs to every VN on Fuwanovel but i think it's within limits.

I think this is a great idea nayleen.

I can help with linking vn's.

If I click on 'Fate/Stay Night' will I be recommended 'Maiden Rape Assault - Violent Semen Inferno' as a similar experience? :P

So how would this actually work? Will you be comparing mechanics, genre (action, comedy), content (time travel, political intrigue), the number of 'pretty women'?

Basically I think we should first look for developers and link the games together. Becaue they are usually give out similar titles. Akabei Soft 2: Sharin no Kuni, (and the fandisk), A-profile and G-senjou no Maou.  KID: Ever 17, never 7 and remember 11 for example. Then similar genres. Mystery, action, romance, etc. There is tags for genres. But imo they are not fit the slighty differences between the games. Therefore we need manual linking between titles.

• 2 weeks later...