Trying to Hook/Translate EROGOS games

Mutank

So I've been trying to run a few EROGOS games (namely the Love Fetish series)

And thought that I'd use textractor or ITH to hook and extract the Japanese text from the game.

Textractor is unable to get a hold on the particular thread with the actual Japanese text, and while ITH

manages to hook the thread just fine, the said thread also included an infuriating blinking arrow symbol that 

appears every half-second at the bottom of the dialogue box. Without any way to prevent this symbol from

being hooked as part of the text, It constantly pushes the actual dialogue upwards, making the translated text impossible to read.

I'm not tech-savy with coding or program debugging in the slightest, so my attempts at somehow resolving this issue

have proven useless. I'm actually considering doing a full on translation of the in-game text files themselves, but I know

that it's a feat easier said than done. If anyone has suggestions to something that could fix this issue, I'd be overjoyed.

2 hours ago, Plastic Memories said:

1/ You should use Regex Filter function of Textractor to filter out those symbol like arrows ,[...] ,random numbers
https://github.com/Artikash/Textractor/issues/355

2/ If Textractor can't hook and display text from a game properly , you should contact with dev of Textractor on github to inform him about the game ,the engine and update Textractor

3/If you can provide some more screenshots , visual novel name or something it would be great .Because people can't understand which engine or which game you want to translates ( Love Fetish series is very vague, because each game even from the same dev team can uses different modded engine - example like the game I'm translating from Softhouse Chara  )

4/ If everything has failed , you can use Visual Novel OCR tool from @mingShiba .Good luck with your translation o/

As for textractor, I'm really hoping that I do manage to find a way to find the correct thread, as the regex filter function is my best shot at tackling the symbol issue.

I did post an issue on the textractor page, still waiting for an answer on that one. That being said he seems to be spending most of his time on other projects these days,

so I'm not sure as to how much he'll be able to help.

the exact games are Love Fetish: vol. 1~3; I'm having the same issue in all three games( haven't tried the later ones yet)

I'll  take a look at the OCR tool, thankfully the font and dialogue box isn't to bad for OCR reading. Thanks for the suggestions!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, 
Just wanted to pop in and let you know, 
I've been working on this game for a while now... 
I've reverse-engineered the game engine enough to read the script files and save them back, also made a text extractor, i've done some translating of the game. 
replace your script.dat file with this - (this is for vol1)

My problem is I don't have enough time to spend on this, as my job has gotten me very busy, but if you're willing to translate the files I can get you all the in-game text.

Edited by BlackShadowx

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 8:05 PM, BlackShadowx said:

Hey there, 
Just wanted to pop in and let you know, 
I've been working on this game for a while now... 
I've reverse-engineered the game engine enough to read the script files and save them back, also made a text extractor, i've done some translating of the game. 
replace your script.dat file with this - (this is for vol1)

My problem is I don't have enough time to spend on this, as my job has gotten me very busy, but if you're willing to translate the files I can get you all the in-game text.

I've actually been interested in attempting to translate the Mahotama series specifically by EROGOS, however I have been having some difficulties reverse-engineering the games, plain and simply I heavily underestimated how complicated it was to even get the text out, let alone putting it back in.

• 1 year later...
On 4/23/2021 at 11:17 AM, BlackShadowx said:

if its EROGOS, I can definitely help you out. from what I've seen they didnt change much of their data formats over the years.

If you can get me their script.dat file, I can try to get you the dialogue.

Do you know how to play Erogos game in windows 10?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/5/2022 at 2:51 AM, Monoarticuler said:

Do you know how to play Erogos game in windows 10?

I haven't played their others titles, but I have been able to run all editions of Mahotama on my laptop and desktop with a physical disc and the online variations available (or mostly still available) on dlsite. The first things I'd check before anything are:

-Install Japanese language

-Change your non-Unicode program language to Japanese (go to language setting and then administrative setting)

-and either buy it from dlsite (use code given to you), or have a disc tray for your computer to use the official discs

• 3 months later...
On 9/6/2022 at 1:54 AM, VNsNeverDie said:

I haven't played their others titles, but I have been able to run all editions of Mahotama on my laptop and desktop with a physical disc and the online variations available (or mostly still available) on dlsite. The first things I'd check before anything are:

-Install Japanese language

-Change your non-Unicode program language to Japanese (go to language setting and then administrative setting)

-and either buy it from dlsite (use code given to you), or have a disc tray for your computer to use the official discs

I can run the love fetish and mahotama series perfectly on win 10, but its not working on their latest game "In Series" althought that's their last game compared to love fetish and mahotana.