Visual Novel Monthly Recap - February 2021 (ft. fan TLs and patches)

• 4 weeks later...

Very late to comment here, but better late than never.

• Muv Luv Unlimited The Day After - It has nice graphic at the very least, although it still didn't change my mind that it's more or less just a way for age to milking Muv Luv franchise anyway. Oh and that the first two parts are redundant as well because we already have it translated. Nice dedication that some member here willing to make uncensored patch for Steam release I suppose, so that anyone who play this VN can enjoy the risky graphic.
  • Miotsukushi PS2 patch - The newest release in regard of Higurashi console arc, and it's the alternative ending of Higurashi that was created for PS2 version. Anyway I would say that it's should be good read to anyone else who disappointed that Gou was turned out to be the sequel of Matsuribayashi and Gou itself has some problematic story thanks for the anime itself is tried to tied it with Umineko in cost of have some questionable decision in regard of a certain character, because Miotsukushi here is pretty much final when it come to the conclusion for all of Higurashi story (When it come to the main casts at the very least) so you can treat it as the new canon ending. It also help that the opening song of Miotsukushi PS2 is very good.
  • Eiyuu Senki GOLD - In the past I sort of look forward to it, although now that there's a lot of interesting new VNs turned out that it's not as good as I thought, at least in regard of the story (Compared to the original). Still if you like the gameplay, you can still try GOLD here and have fun. Also good for TENCO in that they add the Heroic Skill to all of the characters in that at the original VN there's several character who didn't get the Heroic Skill.
  • Rance Quest - To be blunt after I read the spoiler of X I didn't felt the hype toward the series anymore, although to be fair it's my fault for reading the spoiler. Still if you like some grinding and fighting then you can get Rance Quest here and have fun, doubly so if you've been like Rance ever since Sengoku Rance was translated at 2009. By the way it took nine years for Rance Quest to finally localized and released by Mangagamer. Speaking of Alicesoft, too bad that their Evenicle 2 was banned from Steam so hopefully they'll find a way to get around of it in regard of releasing Evenicle 2 in English.
  • Wizard's Climber - Despite this VN did have some gameplay that need the guide to fully understand it along with that the fight is hard and the characters was AI controlled, ironically out of three gameplay VNs releases in February this one is the most interesting to me if only because I can learnt some new gameplay. It should be noted that the gameplay here is basically the same as Princess Maker, although obviously it has the fighting and the reason is that you'll teach the girl some magic because she was expelled from the magic school thanks to her lack of magic. There's some rough sex scenes that may look uncomfortable, although it's not as rough as Bunny Black with Darx. Lastly this is the VN that was released by Softhouse Chara way back at 2008, so understandably the graphic here is looks quite dated to a degree.

Well I guess that's all for my comment in regard of February, and while there's many gameplay VNs releases the only release that was interesting to me here is Wizard's Climber. Not to mention that there's also Amayui almost complete translation patch in that it translate all of the narration expect the sex scenes (And currently the sex scenes was in progress of translating work), so yeah my focus here is on Amayui when it come to gameplay VN (For now). Note that I still look forward to Evenicle 2 here, so I felt that it was too bad that Steam banned it.

Edited by littleshogun