Getchu Bishoujo Game Awards 2020

littleshogun

It's the time for Getchu's award, and the winner is Cabbage Soft newest detective VNs Sakura no Kumo. It's also interesting to note that there's no Tsui no Sora Remake despite that the new contents did quite well done from what I'd heard, but then again perhaps the focus is on the non-remake VNs that was released back at 2020. Anyway, here's 20 VNs that got the award below and you can view the source from this link.

1. Sakura no Kumo * Scarlet no Koi - Cabbage Soft

42358.jpg

Spoiler

"1920 ...?"

Tsukasa Kazami, a young man who lives in 2020, sees himself travel back in time 100 years ago after sitting under a cherry tree.

-- Tokyo, the Imperial Capital. Full of hopes for the future, it's a brilliant romantic city where the flowers of culture are in full bloom.

"Elementary, Tsukasa. The last thing left is always the truth."

A mysterious British woman who runs a detective agency alone in the imperial capital.
Under her lack of money, Tsukasa is involved in numerous incidents ...?

"--Now, let's find out the answer".

Which era will awaken his true potential, Reiwa or Taisho? The curtain of this retro mystery among cherry blossoms lifts!

2. Dohna Dohna -Issho ni Warui Koto o Shiyou- - Alice Soft

Spoiler

43051.jpg

Spoiler

Asougi City, a company town facing the Seto Inland Sea-

Though a single corporation controls every aspect of their lives, the citizens live without any kind of worries or doubts, and enjoy the peace that has been given to them.

However, within this pristine city lurk pockets of unrest. Known as “Clans”, these groups repeatedly perform acts of civil disobedience, including “Hunting”, armed theft of people and things, and “Hustling”, the selling of bodies for profit.

With clans growing in influence, the corporation motioning to stop them, and the "Memorial Festival" fast approaching, the city is soon shaken by conflict, consuming the lives of all within it.

3. Hakuchuumu no Aojashin - Laplacian

43277.jpg

Spoiler

All of humanity has come to share the same dreams.
Some nights, a tale of adultery between a teacher and his student.
Other nights, a romance between a commoner playwright and a noblewoman actress.
Yet other nights, a story of burgeoning love between a truant young man and a teacher-in-training.
Again and again people see these same three dreams.
Why does everyone now endlessly experience these dreams?
This is the story of the girl who's called the world.

4. 9 -Nine- Yukiiro Yukihana Yukinoato - Palette

41048.jpg

-

5. Summer Pockets REFLECTION BLUE - Key

42590.jpg

-

6. Amakano 2 - Azarashi Soft

40961.jpg

Spoiler

When something new begins, it tends to do so suddenly and unexpectedly.

Returning from the countryside on the bullet train, a girl, Kurohime Yuuhi, is assigned the seat next to you.

You learn a cousin you have barely spoken to, Himiyama Rei, is going to be living with you.

These two encounters, along with your childhood friend, Tsutamachi Chitose, who lives next door and is older than you, will, like the changing color of the autumn leaves, bring color to your heretofore unchanging life.

A chance encounter creates a beginning.

A relationship blossoms from a distant connection.

A friendship becomes something more.

As autumn deepens, you start to feel like you may just fall in love.

7. Hamidashi Creative - Madosoft

42352.jpg

Spoiler

At the end of June, the seasons come to a standstill.

Widely known to be of asocial character, Izumi Tomohiro is quietly spending his day in the corner of their classroom... or so it should have been.

"Congrats on being elected! It has been decided that you are now the next student council president!"

By the school's initiative, an election via lottery took place. And Tomohiro is the lucky bastard who won the prize!

Suddenly placed underneath the spotlight, he unanimously became the talk of the school. Unable to back down, he started hunting for fellow members with the help from his advisor.

However, the candidates his advisor nominated are his classmate Kano, his junior Asumi, even his own little sister Hiyori, and the lot of them doesn't even come to school!? And in the midst of the chaos, even the former council president Shio who came from whereabouts unknown suddenly appeared!

Is this fate? Is this inevitable?
Unprecedented. Unparalleled.
The battle of our new (un)lucky student council president starts now!

8. Mama x Holic ~Miwaku no Mama to Ama Ama Kankei~ - Atelier Kaguya Bare & Bunny

Spoiler

42832.jpg

Spoiler

By a strange turn of events, Amano Taichi has become the one that possesses the "magic element of awakening" that all demi-humans seek.

Taichi is to use this power to awaken the demi-humans Kuon, Suzuka, and Seira to their latent abilities by having sex with them every day, but an accident puts the entire school in a coma!

To solve the situation, he needs the super-rare "Universal Sacred Milk" treasure.
In order to obtain this, the three mothers of the comatose girls -- Mai, Yasha, and Sarii -- Taichi will have to have sex with them, and milk them?!

The days of naughty breast milking the super erotic married demi-mamas begin.

9. Kara no Shoujo - The Last Episode - Innocent Grey

45212.jpg

Spoiler

「*Stars sparkling in the night sky *
*Flow, leaving a trail *
Almost reachable, but not quite
Stars in the distance」

Discovery of Kuchiki Toko's remains didn't leave Tokisaka Reiji any time to grieve.
Chasing Kuroya Naori who took the infant and concealed his whereabouts, is the mission left for him.

At the same time
, the creator of「Kara no Shoujo」, Mamiya Shinzou gives out his last breath.
Heart failure without a cause.
But it became a trigger for another incident.
Corpses looking as the angel in Mamiya Shinzou's unpublished work 「Divine Punishment」, are being discovered one after another.
Masaki Tomoyuki's former colleague is one of the victims.

Two Paintings.
Without saying anything, the girl in the painting
kept talking, in a voice that could not reach.

...No.
Makoto can't come with us, because he had done bad things.
But still... I think Toko wants to see him.
Because she was a lonely person.
Don't forget.
The blue bird of happiness will be reborn any number of times.
The blue bird that passes through heaven will sweep down once again.

Last episode of Kara no Shoujo series.

10. Ren'ai x Royale - ASa Project

42833.jpg

Spoiler

"I, the new transfer student, like Komachi Hirotaka! Please go out with me!"

Being agitated by his juniors;
Hitting on the student council president;
Chasing after idols.
The protagonist who lives every day carelessly, Komachi Hirotaka.

At that moment, a sudden confession...
Her brief statment became the impetus which started the conflict that would engulf the dumbfounded protagonist.

"Why are you throwing me to the side and being lovey-dovey with that unknown woman!! Are you saying you don't care about me anymore!?"

"Komachi... if that's how it is then... will you listen to what I have to say?"

"I'm not loved by Onii-san anymore, is this all because of that female crowd around him?"

Mainly without the person in question knowing about it, an ugly and hopeless war unfolds between the 4 girls.
A battle royale of their true feelings of love!
Towards whom shall the Goddess of Victory smile upon!?

11. Kouyoku Senki ExS-Tia 3 - Lusterise

Spoiler

40708.jpg

-

12. Bishoujo Mangekyou -Kotowari to Meikyuu no Shoujo- - ωstar

40582.jpg

The fifth and closing story for the Bishoujo Mangekyou series.

13. Akatsuki Yureru Koi Akari - CRYSTALiA

42834.jpg

-

14. Houkago Cinderella - Hooksoft

42357.jpg

Spoiler

"After school, I think that girl might be waiting for me..."
"If she's able to, I want to be friends with her and go home together."
"I might be able to go home together with her after we have a chance meeting with each other."

A feeling of love awakens on the way back home from school.
In this work, you will enjoy a romance with the heroines while fully enjoying the romance situations/events which occur on the way back home from school.

What I cherish is the "excitement" that occurs when I leave school,
The excitement of finding the girl I'm interested in on my way home,
The excitement of the two of us going home together,
And the excitement of confessing.

Hooksoft presents a school romance with the theme of "excitement".

15. Nekotsuku, Sakura. - Lump of Sugar

41854.jpg

Spoiler

Gods (ghosts) reside in this school...

Kuji Academy's building has a vast history and boasts its vast facilities and a huge number of students.
One spring day, main character Ootsuki witnessed an odd event while helping with the entrance ceremony: Cat ears grew from the head of Ayano, a female freshman!

Another girl with cat ears appeared to apologize to the two. She introduced herself as Tsuki, the "twin god" younger sister, a guardian deity rumored to protect the school.
Tsuki explained, "My older sister possessed Ayano. That's why she grew cat ears!"

The "twin gods" true identity is that of two cat ghosts that haunt the academy. They also seem unable to get out of the school grounds.
Aki, the older sister, got tired of it. She planned to possess Ayano as a means to get out of school.

However, even while possessing Ayano, Aki is unable to leave! As Aki's wishes cannot be fulfilled, Ayano remains possessed.
Thus, Ootsuki's new school year starts as he tries to find a method to grant Aki's wish with the help of his good friend Renka and the occultism enthusiast Yayoi.

16. Real Eroge Situation! 2 - Jitaku Studio

Spoiler

41412.jpg

Spoiler

Tooru Seo, the protagonist, documents his irrepressible erotic fantasies in his "Fetish Diary". Writing in it both helps him repress his insatiable lust and serves as a way to get himself off in a way other than mere masturbation.

"Nobody will understand my fetishes, so there's no way I could get a girlfriend." Or so he thought.

Then, one day, Tooru forgot said Diary in the classroom so he hurried back to pick it up, but what he found was his classmate Ootori Chikage masturbating while reading his diary.

"Is this wonderful diary yours? If so, I have a proposal for you..."

It turned out that she was an hentai manga artist, but lately she's been in a slump, and that’s why she asked Tooru's permission to use his diary as inspiration for her work.

"If you cooperate with me, then all those naughty things written on the diary? I'll make them come true."

While that was certainly an appealing offer, Tooru was happier that his Fetish Diary was being praised, so he accepted helping Chikage.

"Hehe, I'm so glad. Then, let's do it... right now♪"

Chikage said, and pushed Tooru down before she began to fulfill her part of the deal.

In the middle of the act, Chikage realized that their minds and bodies were in perfect sync with one another, so she suddenly confessed that she had feelings for him!?

"Somehow, it seems like I've fallen for you... I love you, Tooru. I want you to be mine."

"It's fine if you don't give me an answer right away." Chikage told Tooru, who was visibly confused at having received such an out-of-the-blue confession.

A close friend of Tooru, Rindou Nao, was the first to notice his befuddled state.
Nao, knowing his situation, the idea that "Chikage is going to steal Tooru!", caused her hidden feelings for him to erupt!

"I'm always telling you I love you Tooru, but you never take me seriously... I really love you Tooru-kun!!"

Out of nowhere, Tooru got confessed to by two beautiful girls. Then, both girls began taking radical and naughty measures to seduce him.

Furthermore, even his childhood friend Tokitou Rino refers to him as her big brother ends up throwing her hat into the ring for his love, leading to an even more chaotic situation!

"You know, Rino also loves you so, so, so much, Nii-san! So, let's drown ourselves in pleasure and lust♪"

Tooru, who believed nobody ever would accept his fetishes, was just that: accepted. Moreover, he was suddenly surrounded by a harem!

Here began the tale of his "real" daily life that could've been cut straight out of an "eroge"!

This is an erotic story about a man who enjoys copious amounts with girls that will accept any of of his innumerable, outlandish fetishes.

17. Kakenuke★Seishun Sparking! - Saga Planets

42176.jpg

Spoiler

The protagonist, Toono Yuu, is a junior at Kazami Academy,
At the age of puberty and youth. But...

"Youth? What's that? You know I'm busy with my part-time job."

He's an extreme realist who devotes his youth to his part-time job.
He's does well with his schoolwork and spends all his free time earning money at his job every day.
His hobby is checking his bank balance.
His childhood friend Hibiki who couldn't overlook this and his classmate Riri who looks up to him decided to try to put him in a club and change his life.

Hibiki, a lively girl, recommended to him the Activity Club, commonly called the Act Club, whose slogan is "Let's have fun enjoying our youth in school!".

Riri, a serious girl, recommended to him the Volunteer Club, commonly called the Negative Club, whose slogan is "Let's spend our youth making the world a better place".

Each club persistently tries to recruit Yuu.
"I'm not interested in either club. In the first place, youth isn't necessary for me."
Disregarding what Yuu wants, the girls drag him around each day.
Why in the world did things turn out this way?

"That type of thing hasn't been decided yet has it?"
"Get ready! Soon you'll enjoy your youth!"

Just what type of youth is awaiting him!?

18. Suiren to Shion - Hibiki Works

42652.jpg

Spoiler

Minase ── an isolated island due to its poor accessibility. However, the protagonist used to go there a lot in his childhood.

After entering medical school, his parents were worried about him losing his edge due to the daily study schedule. They wanted to refresh him. The protagonist comes to the island again after being advised to visit his cousins during his summer vacation. He remembers his childhood with them, and being treated like a real family member.

Suiren was beautiful when she was a child, and she was very kind and was like a real sister to him. Shion was like a tomboy little sister and used to follow him around.

The protagonist wonders how the two of them have grown up. He can hear their voices afar from their house. Upon his arrival, he reunited with the two grown-up sisters.

Suiren has become a gorgeous woman with a beautiful feminine body overflowing with tolerance and kindness. Shion, who has grown into a pretty girl, has a somewhat disgruntled look and only talks to the bare minimum necessary.

An older sister who never changes and a younger sister who has changed. Feeling puzzled, as recommended by Suiren, who seems to have been waiting for the main character, the protagonist stay at their house for a while.

How will he spend his time with them on the island under the summer sun?

19. Seishun Fragile - Purple Software

42113.jpg

Spoiler

Shiki Yuuto is normal student living with his imouto-like maid Toune in a big Europe residence built by his ancestors from long time ago. However, he hides a big secret from everyone. He is actually descendant of branch family from a lineage of high class wizards which moved to Japan hundred years ago. Despite being a shabby wizard, he used to help people with magic while chasing the "Bad Wizard" as duty given to head of clan, but now he is just lazy around and doesn't care much about magic anymore.

One day, while he is cleaning the old church behind his house, a mystery blonde wizard suddenly crashes into the church and is helped by his classmate Setsuna who "happens to be there by chance". The wizard introduces herself as Riz Mathers and claims to be his relative from the head family in British who comes to be his master. This fateful encounter between the three of them will unfold a bitter sweet story about their youth.

20. HaremKingdom - Smee

40253.jpg

Spoiler

One holiday, the protagonist, whose creed in life was "enjoy yourself", but who also had traumatic experiences with both romance and women, was once again being chided by his childhood friend, Hikari, for not trying to get a girlfriend.
She was worried that if this continued then he would become a failure of a human being. But he just wanted to spend his time enjoying his hobbies and ran away from relationships by any means necessary.

However, a wrench would get thrown into his plans when suddenly a bright light enveloped them both and they were transported to another world. When they opened their eyes, they were looking at a major port city. While they were still baffled by their new surroundings, a woman, who identified herself as the Prime Minister of the town, told him that he was the "last king" of the kingdom.

Not taking no for an answer, the people forced the position of king onto the protagonist. Moreover, the first romance of his life was to come about as a result of his kingly duty to "build a harem, father heirs, and stimulate the growth of the kingdom."

He was forced to have a harem. In fact, it had already been arranged that the princess from the neighboring kingdom, Sophia, and Charlone, the beautiful daughter of a noble family, would be part of this harem. Day by day, more and more beautiful girls ended up surrounding the protagonist, much to his dismay. Seeing him surrounded by girls, Hikari began to fear she might lose him.

"I just want a normal romance!"

And so the curtain draws on the tale of our protagonist's chaotic harem romance!

There's some additional awards for each categories as well, and here's the awards based on the categories.

• Best Scenario: Sakura no Kumo * Scarlet no Koi
  • Best System: Dohna Dohna -Issho ni Warui Koto o Shiyou-
  • Best Graphic: Amakano
  • Best Soundtrack: Summer Pockets REFLECTION BLUE
  • Best Movie: Hakuchuumu no Aojashin
  • Best Character: Chief from Sakura no Kumo * Scarlet no Koi
  • Best Erotic Contents: Real Eroge Situation! 2

I'll comment more on those VNs later, but overall I can say that I hope some of those will be localized in the future.

Edited by littleshogun

I was almost suprised that Yuzusoft didn't make it one the list until I noiced that they didn't release anything last year. The Cabbage Soft title doesn't exactly *look* like a winner candidate, but the description of the title sounds a lot more interesting than it looks. But still, Kara no Shoujo - The Last Episode is finally released and it only gets 9th place? That hurts. :wacko:

Seeing Amakano 2 on the list was also irritating at first, since I thought it's an older title, but I apparently confused it with Amakano - Second Season from 2015. Still, while not bad, the art style looks a bit weird for my taste. I'm surprised it got an award for it. If they wanted something *extravagant*, Dohna Dohna would have been a better choice I think.

Didn't expect Mama x Holic to loose against two other contenders in the ero section - it's freaking hot. I can understand Suiren to Shion somehow. Hibiki Soft's Iizuki Tasuku vs. Atelier Kaguya's Choco Chip is a tough duel. But Real Eroge Situation 2? Seriously?!

Edited by ChaosRaven

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the late comment here. As for 2020 release, well as of now two of those VNs (Nine Episode 4 and HaremKingdom) already got the translation (Even though it's not Nekonyan who localize HaremKingdom as per expectation but instead it's localized by Shiravune) with the other two (Aojashin and Reflection Blue) still in the process. I didn't exactly like that Laplacian will basically cut the sex scene for Aojashin overseas release even with the new contents, but at least there's a fan who willingly to make 18+ patch of it when it's released (And of course Laplacian won't do it) and also I know that some would be in favor to cut the sex scenes.

As for the VN that I want to be localized, well Kakenuke and Renai Royale seems would be a good choice if Nekonyan do that later (Also looks like ASa Project realize that side heroines can also be as marketable as main heroines seeing that apparently they put some effort to write one of the route for the heroine that wasn't in the cover). Kara no Shoujo 3 should be an obvious choice if Mangagamer got some chance to do it, and as for the reason for why it's only at 9th position I guess some people didn't find that the VN is meet their expectation as some people can attest to. Hamidashi looks interesting despite Madosoft just reuse student council setting and that the four heroines have same hair color from their previous releases, although at this rate I won't expect Sekai to license it (In fact, I hope that either Shiravune or Nekonyan will take the license of it).

No much to say in regard of the rest other than the lighting in Mama x Holic cover is very good and it would be nice if Sekai can license Sakura no Kumo instead of Amairo Chocolata duology, so that's all for my belated comment here.

Edited by littleshogun