I hate Yuzusoft's overuse of 'heroines calling MC a pervert' "humor"

NowItsAngeTime

Hm, I can't really judge Sanoba Witch since I didn't play that yet, but at least in Senren Banka I don't remember that being a particular prevalent problem.

IMHO, the VN with the most abusive heroines I've read last year was Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception by a country mile. Haku being accidentally (or intenionally) killed by Kuon or Nekone would have been no surprise for me.

12 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Hm, I can't really judge Sanoba Witch since I didn't play that yet, but at least in Senren Banka I don't remember that being a particular prevalent problem.

IMHO, the VN with the most abusive heroines I've read last year was Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception by a country mile. Haku being accidentally (or intenionally) killed by Kuon or Nekone would have been no surprise for me.

I will admit for Senren, they saved a lot of it towards the middle-end of heroine routes (except Lena/Roka/Koharu where it was completely not there thank god). But when it started it basically came out in full force, one of them being in Yoshino's epilogue??? Which is supposed to be a very nice heartwarming scene given all her personal issues and development she had. And they include shit like that there? 

Edited by NowItsAngeTime

This doesn't seem that excessive TBH.

The part that generally baffles me in Japanese media is protags being called perverts for simply being attracted to a girl and expressing that in some mild manner. It makes me wonder whether it's just an anime/comedic trope or something cultural. It particularly caught my attention in Bunny Senpai anime, where the protag and the main girl were explicitly a couple. "You want to f*** your own girlfriend and reference that fact in a mostly inoffensive ways? You PERVERT".

1 hour ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

This doesn't seem that excessive TBH.

The part that generally baffles me in Japanese media is protags being called perverts for simply being attracted to a girl and expressing that in some mild manner. It makes me wonder whether it's just an anime/comedic trope or something cultural. It particularly caught my attention in Bunny Senpai anime, where the protag and the main girl were explicitly a couple. "You want to f*** your own girlfriend and reference that fact in a mostly inoffensive ways? You PERVERT".

Oh don't get me wrong, it's quite annoying (maybe moreso since domestic violence tends to be involved) in anime as well. I hope the trope you described doesnt happen in Bunny Girl often, I was kinda interested in watchign.

4 hours ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

Oh don't get me wrong, it's quite annoying (maybe moreso since domestic violence tends to be involved) in anime as well. I hope the trope you described doesnt happen in Bunny Girl often, I was kinda interested in watchign.

Nah, it's pretty low-key/not obnoxious and the heroine is more of a kuudere type... You could reasonably argue it's just her teasing the protagonist or masking her own bashfulness and overall it's one of my favourite anime couples. Still, it made me think about how calling someone a pervert is the consistently-used anime rebuttal to normal sings of affection and flirting. To the point where the only real meaning of the word "pervert" seems to be "not an asexual person". 😛

Edit: In the same vein of thought, I often have doubts whether the "pervert" tag on VNDB means anything more than the character being a horny teenager. Or, as most people would say it, a teenager.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Rather than just the "being called a pervert" part, I'd say any form of unfair treatment tends to be annoying to some extent. Some occasional playful teasing is just fine, but when it gets to the point where a heroine is making some sort of derogatory statement towards the protagonist at any given opportunity, it's too much and I usually find it hard to like those characters even if they start acting all cutesy later on. (Yeah, I'm generally not a big fan of tsunderes.)

5 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Rather than just the "being called a pervert" part, I'd say any form of unfair treatment tends to be annoying to some extent. Some occasional playful teasing is just fine, but when it gets to the point where a heroine is making some sort of derogatory statement towards the protagonist at any given opportunity, it's too much and I usually find it hard to like those characters even if they start acting all cutesy later on. (Yeah, I'm generally not a big fan of tsunderes.)

Oh yes, this is definitely the bigger issue. But I'm also not big on most tsunderes, but tsunderes are popular sooo lol