[Ongoing] Walkthroughs

Tay

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm not available the moment it's posted I tend to forget about it. I'll do it in the afternoon.

Best thing when you finish a walkthrough is to pm me or another mod.

Edit: I knew I was forgetting something >_>

Edelweiss by Stanleys: approved!

Koisuru Oukoku by Katatsumuri: approved!

Thanks to both of you.

Re-edit: One by Flutterz: approved. Thanks!

Re-re-edit (Someone juste post random shit so that I don't have to edit/delete all the time >_>):

Amaranto by Flutterz. Yuri + post-apocalyptic setting? My interest is piqued. Wishlisting this. (Approved!)

Otoboku - Maidens are falling for me! by Stanleys: approved! Thank you.

The Inganock walkthrough should be done now could someone else take a look at it before I move and lock it.

Didn't see any issues.

Period by Tadayoshi: approved. Sankyu~

Sorry for being slow on S;G i'm actually reading it for the first time so i'm going to take a bit.

Of course i'm using reference material but i like adapting my walkthrough and i like using it as a motivation to finish the novel.

On the other hand i can't find a nice "banner" for the walkthrough that made me satisfied.

Sorry for being slow on S;G i'm actually reading it for the first time so i'm going to take a bit.

Of course i'm using reference material but i like adapting my walkthrough and i like using it as a motivation to finish the novel.

On the other hand i can't find a nice "banner" for the walkthrough that made me satisfied.

Use one of these, maybe?

xn03.jpg

Was the front page list Updated ?

I might do one in a few weeks and it'd be a shame if it would have already been done ^^

Just check if there's one on the walkthroughs board or unformatted walkthroughs. If it's not then go ahead.

PS: I am going to do one on Corpse Party Book of Shadows and OreImo (when it's translated) just warning you in case anyone was planning on doing one of these. I like long projects ^_^

How do you do walkthroughs ?

When I have a job to handle I like to do it 100%, so a perfect walkthrough would be one that shows the influence of every choice on the story (like the Fate/Stay night one which was quite perfect) and guides through a path helping the player to get all the scenes and CG's.

Is this kind of walkthrough something that requires only insane amount of time or directly getting info in the game's source code ?

How do you do walkthroughs ?

When I have a job to handle I like to do it 100%, so a perfect walkthrough would be one that shows the influence of every choice on the story (like the Fate/Stay night one which was quite perfect) and guides through a path helping the player to get all the scenes and CG's.

Is this kind of walkthrough something that requires only insane amount of time or directly getting info in the game's source code ?

I think the generally accepted format on Fuwa is you give a list of which choices to make for every meaningful ending, so for all the good ends and for the bad ends that actually matter in some way. So they're not really 100% guides, just how to get through the game.

Fuwa walkthroughs tend to be mostly ending guides not 100% complete walkthroughs mainly because most VNs only have this format where there's only endings and that's it. That's why as long as you have all the endings there it's generally accepted even if it's not a way to get the game 100% complete (CGs, achievements, etc.)

Take my Toradora walkthrough for example. It took me forever to get all those endings and the game is only 91% complete because i'm missing a couple CGs. The walkthrough is still very thorough though.

Also finally found a nice banner for my S;G walkthrough and downloaded HD sprites for the characters. I take my

walkthroughs too seriously..

I'm going to do this by chapters. Chapter 1 is complete. I'm going out in a bit but when i come back i'm doing chapter 2.

Am i the only one that enjoys doing the walkthrough while reading the novel? I just think it's motivation rather than a drag.

I think the generally accepted format on Fuwa is you give a list of which choices to make for every meaningful ending, so for all the good ends and for the bad ends that actually matter in some way. So they're not really 100% guides, just how to get through the game.

Fuwa walkthroughs tend to be mostly ending guides not 100% complete walkthroughs mainly because most VNs only have this format where there's only endings and that's it. That's why as long as you have all the endings there it's generally accepted even if it's not a way to get the game 100% complete (CGs, achievements, etc.)

Take my Toradora walkthrough for example. It took me forever to get all those endings and the game is only 91% complete because i'm missing a couple CGs. The walkthrough is still very thorough though.

Also finally found a nice banner for my S;G walkthrough and downloaded HD sprites. I take my walkthroughs too seriously..

Yeah but when I care about things I tend to have little OCD (Not a really of course but you could say perfectionnist).

So, let's asume I want to do a 100% guide. How should I proceed ?

Should I just soldier up and go for it blindly or are tools necessary to crack the game and directly use it's content ?

Yeah but when I care about things I tend to have little OCD (Not a really of course but you could say perfectionnist).

So, let's asume I want to do a 100% guide. How should I proceed ?

Should I just soldier up and go for it blindly or are tools necessary to crack the game and directly use it's content ?

Well first you should use the template created for walkthroughs

Link here

One thing they must have is a guide to all the endings. That's the major key factor.

You can however add notes and even extra sections for specific achievements.

I made an item list and how to get every item on Toradora for example

I also made a list of all extra chapters and how to unlock them in corpse party.

You can add every little thing in the game as long as you format it properly.

For more walkthrough guidelines refer to this

Walkthroughs are personal and thus you can make it any way you want. Just follow certain rules and you can have a 100% walkthrough here easily.

Yeah but for example, how do GameFAQ do their Walkthroughs ?

How do they find the secret routes,

the scenes that do or do not appear depending on the order the player went through,

the hidden mini games ?

Yeah but for example, how do GameFAQ do their Walkthroughs ?

How do they find the secret routes,

the scenes that do or do not appear depending on the order the player went through,

the hidden mini games ?

Grinding the game my friend. Grinding the game. Some walkthroughs already exist. The ones that don't you have to do it yourself. Isn't that the best part of making a walkthrough though? Having a role in it? For me it is.

That's what i did with Toradora since there weren't any guides around. I just had to try everything i could and even asked members to help me and we got through it.