Need recommandation about a VN with MC leaving

Narko

I was playing re zero novel and got an idea about a VN I would like to read. I would like something with a mood somehow silimar to re zero at the beginning, meaning that MC would tryhard his ass off for everyone, but seing that all his efforts aren't paying, he decides to leave (after getting affinity up with everyone). The reason can be either because he was too much disappointed, either because he gave up, either because he considers there is nothing more he can do, either because his mission is complete (I would like this to be part of the plot, so for example not the separation happening at the very end but in mid game/end of common route). Would be nice if for example, MC becomes an enemy later because he decided to change side (not because he was forced to but because he decided himself).

I am fine with untranslated VN, thank you in advance!

tbh, I hated re:zero so I would have dropped anything that was similar in terms of VNs.  I tried to think of something that might have been similar, even vaguely, but I drew a blank.  Part of it is that the protagonist switching sides is an unusual trope in visual novels, the other part is that VNs never really got that many isekaijin protagonists in the first place, compared to LNs, manga, and anime.  However, if you want the partial mind-break+some of the atmosphere, perhaps Kenseiki Alpha Ride?  The second protagonist experiences hell and ends up in some twisted relationships on the side of the game's antagonists.

I said that I got the idea while warching re zero, it doesn't have to be an isekai or something similar to subaru or a crazy MC (maybe I shouldn't have mentionned re zero ^^').

I was somehow thinking that maybe it's better to give up/leave when nothing more can be done despite trying everything you can. I never expected there would not be any MC changing side though.

Umineko is a good VN from what I heard but I prefer VN with choices and different end if possible. 

Edited by Narko

46 minutes ago, Narko said:

I said that I got the idea while warching re zero, it doesn't have to be an isekai or something similar to subaru or a crazy MC (maybe I shouldn't have mentionned re zero ^^').

I was somehow thinking that maybe it's better to give up/leave when nothing more can be done despite trying everything you can. I never expected there would not be any MC changing side though.

Umineko is a good VN from what I heard but I prefer VN with choices and different end if possible. 

It is great, one of the best [at least to me rs]. There are some choices on episode 8, and two different endings, but the "bad" ending does not add too much to it.

Well, liking Rewrite, you'll probably enjoy Summer Pockets. As the name implies, the protagonist only stays in the island for the summer, although the main story happens there.

If you enjoy yaoi, No, thank you!!! may also be interesting.