Muv-Luv Unlimited: The Day After is officially released

Solitude94

Muv-Luv Unlimited: The Day After is out on Steam, but it is quite expensive and they sell each part separately. Maybe there will be a discount during the seasonal sales.

Another problem is the font size. I have no idea why they didn't stick to the one that was in MLA.

Edited by Solitude94

I'm looking forward to reading this, but there's no way I'm paying the ~60€ asking price in this region (~70€ if you don't own the other Muv-Luv games). I'm going to be busy with Nioh 2 and a few other titles for a while now anyway, so might as well just put this purchase off until it's on sale.

24 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I'm looking forward to reading this, but there's no way I'm paying the ~60€ asking price in this region (~70€ if you don't own the other Muv-Luv games). I'm going to be busy with Nioh 2 and a few other titles for a while now anyway, so might as well just put this purchase off until it's on sale.

Well, it is much cheaper for me, due to my location. I think there will be a much bigger discount during the next seasonal sales. 

36 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Hmm, is volume 3 on steam volume 4 on vndb? Amount of games line up, but the numbers in their names don't.

The Day After vol. 0 was originally included as a part of Alternative Chronicles vol. 1 and so on. As far as I know, the other stories from Alternative chronicles were already released as Photonflowers and Photonmelodies.

50 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

The multiple protagonists thing is bugging me a bit though.

It doesn't really have multiple protagonists, as far as I understand from playing the fan-translation of ep. 0 and all the information I've seen online. Episode 0 is pretty much a standalone story on its own, which pretty much introduces the setting and has different characters than the later episodes. Starting with ep. 1, it's pretty much one VN split into parts, and these parts all have one single protagonist. If you are confused by the vndb pages, then, like I mentioned in my previous post, the Japanese release of Alternative Chronicles consisted of multiple non-connected stories, and most of them were already released in English, while this release only consists of TDA, which was only a part of the original games. This is why this release is marked as "incomplete" on vndb.

PS. Also, for the same reason, the length tags may not be accurate. For reference, as far as I remember, episode 0 on its own was somewhere in the lower "short" category, maybe even "very short". The later episodes may be longer.

Edited by Dreamysyu

On 2/5/2021 at 11:52 AM, Dreamysyu said:

The Day After vol. 0 was originally included as a part of Alternative Chronicles vol. 1 and so on. As far as I know, the other stories from Alternative chronicles were already released as Photonflowers and Photonmelodies.

No we're still missing the mini-nukige spin-off, IMHO nothing worth of attention, tho.

21 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Oh yeah, I forgot we're missing two stories from chronicles volume 3 as well: War Ensemble and Last Divers

Hmmm. I looked it up, and yeah, it looks like the two stories from Chronicles 4 are still missing (I believe, you meant to say volume 4 instead of volume 3). Well, it's a shame. I hope they will be released in some new fandisk.

PS. As for the nukige spinoff, I'm pretty sure it was just a joke story about alien monster girls or something. I skipped it when I played Chronicles vol. 1.

Edited by Dreamysyu

Actually, I may be wrong, but isn't War Ensemble a sequel to

Spoiler

If so, releasing it before the original game probably wouldn't make much sense. And that's probably one of the least likely age games to get a translation.

Edited by Dreamysyu
Probably counts as a spoiler, but I have no idea how to mark it correctly

On 2/6/2021 at 9:12 PM, Dreamysyu said:

Actually, I may be wrong, but isn't War Ensemble a sequel to

Reveal hidden contents

If so, releasing it before the original game probably wouldn't make much sense. And that's probably one of the least likely age games to get a translation.

There's a character from that game in TDA.

Oogami Ritsuko | vndb

Edited by WinterfuryZX