Help with creation of .xp3 archive in garbro

Hey, yall. 

I need help with garbro, specifically creating archives within it.

Right now i have extracted all the scenario file from scenario.xp3 and now want to repack it with my tl to test how it looks.

However, when i go to create archive and select all the .ks files, it says it cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. It even does this with files i have not even touched.

The specific game i am doing this for is Natsuzora Kanata https://vndb.org/v701/chars#chars

Hope yall can help.

Kind of a strange issue, seems like more of a GARBro bug than anything. It looks like it works if you use this structure:

1. Have a top level directory(ie top) with the files you want to pack inside it.

2. Create a new directory(ie new) inside this top level directory.

3. Copy all the files(do not copy the newly made directory) inside the top level directory to the new directory.

4. Right click on the new directory(ie new) inside GARBro and create the xp3 archive.

So basically you'd have a dummy directory with duplicate files and tell GARBro to use that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 7:52 AM, aliennation said:

Hey, yall. 

I need help with garbro, specifically creating archives within it.

Right now i have extracted all the scenario file from scenario.xp3 and now want to repack it with my tl to test how it looks.

However, when i go to create archive and select all the .ks files, it says it cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. It even does this with files i have not even touched.

The specific game i am doing this for is Natsuzora Kanata https://vndb.org/v701/chars#chars

Hope yall can help.

I got around that bug by creating an empty directory in the folder, selecting that directory first, then Ctrl/Shift-selecting everything else so that nothing gets opened in the file preview.