Visual Novel Monthly Recap - January 2021 (ft. Utawarerumono series)

NowItsAngeTime

I was actually surprised that the translator of Gin'iro, Haruka could go on for so long. Translating the rather long Hatsukoi 1/1 and the even longer Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai and then going straight to Gin'iro, Haruka was almost inhuman. It was just a matter of time that he got a burn-out from that.

Still nice that other translators seem to jump in. Would be a pity if the already translated text would go to waste.

1 hour ago, ChaosRaven said:

I was actually surprised that the translator of Gin'iro, Haruka could go on for so long. Translating the rather long Hatsukoi 1/1 and the even longer Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai and then going straight to Gin'iro, Haruka was almost inhuman. It was just a matter of time that he got a burn-out from that.

Still nice that other translators seem to jump in. Would be a pity if the already translated text would go to waste.

And dont forget the little break with Tsujidou

3 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Oh, I wasn't even aware that's also from him. :illyathink:

I wonder why he just doesn't get a job as VN translator. Getting paid for it should make things a lot more bearable.

Yeah he even wrote a blog how much he didn't have fun with it:

https://nisekoirantslations.wordpress.com/2018/03/19/and-done-time-for-a-long-nap/

Well I don't know if he doesn't already has a job and just wants to keep VNs as a hobby.

• 3 weeks later...

No much to comment in regard of January 2021 when it come to releases, but still let's see what i can comment in regard of the news at that month.

• It's too bad on what happen in regard of Ginharu, but seeing that Trip didn't manage to translate anything after he tried to continuing working on Yuzuki's route I guess no much that we can do here. As for now, Irru still didn't find the new translator for Ginharu yet so hopefully he can find the person who is perfect for the translation work in the future.
  • Well there's Oreimo PSP patch released, and I guess it might be good for Oreimo fans who didn't like the canon main love interest. Other than that, no much that I can comment on Oreimo PSP here. Speaking about anime adaptation VN, there's ReZero in that it tell the original story that didn't involved self-insert MC. Well at least both of Oreimo and ReZero VNs did have the original creator involved if anything else.
  • As for new VNDB search, well it's complicated at the first sight and I guess it still is. I didn't use it much anyway other than to find out the releases date of the translated VNs for each years, for now at least.
  • Yay for Dragon Princess release because it mean that Sekai did has one less VN in their backlog, although recently they increased the backlog by one with Orcsoft VN though. As for the Dragon Princess itself, it's short VN and that the cover did spoil the plot twist at near the end.
  • While story wise it's a redundant one along with the censorship, Utawarerumono Remake here is actually the biggest release for January because we finally have Aquaplus manage to release it on PC with Shiravune's help. The most important thing in the remake is the gameplay improvement, in which now you can levelling all of the characters equally which is more fair compared to the older version in that the only one that can be improved was the one that joining the battle, and in the original the battle itself is limited to the story battle (In the remake you can redoing the battle for some small experiences gain and BP to pump the status). So if you prefer to grind the party then you can get the remake version, although if you didn't like the fact that the remake is censored because it's the backport of console version then you can just keep play the older version.

That's all for my comment in regard of January 2021, and I look forward to see what kind of VN that the localization company will be release later (Especially from Shiravune).

Edited by littleshogun

From what I see in Prelude all characters get the experiences the first time they cleared the stage, and if the experiences is sufficient enough then the characters can level up. Of course it's only on the first time, so naturally if you replay the stage then you won't get the experiences after clearing the stage again. That said, since you can replay the stages and that you can have most of the character that you want to level beat all of the enemies (You'll gain the experiences by beating the enemies) by him/herself in the replayed stage, at least it shouldn't be an issue much providing that you'll willing to go through the grinding. What they won't gain if the characters are not participating in the battle is BP, but again it's easily solvable by rotating the characters to grind the BP although of course Hakuowlo here still would gain BP the most considering that he's required for almost all of the stages.

Edited by littleshogun