Translated VNs with protagonist like Rance

nosiro

I recently played most of the translated Rance VNs. I started from the master piece Sengoku Rance to Rance 01, 02 and VI. And last, but not least, I also played kichikuou Rance, which was amazing but very old. 

I also finished Evenicle and Kamidori but I was bored by these always good protagonists. Finally, I finished Eiyuu*Senki which was better than I expected. 

I really need more Rance like games, do you have any suggestions, or my only salvation is the newly announced Rance Magnum?  

edit: I also played Bunny Black games, that had an enjoyable protagonist but had too much grind.

Edited by nosiro

If you meant Rance as anti-hero, perhaps you can try something like Kikokugai, Ryuusei, or Hanachirasu. If you want something that closely similar to Rance in regard of gameplay, then you can play Venus Blood Frontier. I don't know if my recommendations can fulfill what you want, but I hope that it can be helpful to you.

Edited by littleshogun

10 hours ago, littleshogun said:

If you meant Rance as anti-hero, perhaps you can try something like Kikokugai, Ryuusei, or Hanachirasu.

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for.  I actually already started with Ryuusei World Actor and it seems that Ruka has the "I do what I want" personality, so I should be fine for now until Magnum is released.

Regarding Nitro, I was planning to start with Saya no Uta, first since reviews are describing this as a "new" experience. Also, I saw that Kikokugai and Hanachirasu are quite old, are they just text reading with some choices or do they have some gameplay elements as well?

Edited by nosiro

23 hours ago, nosiro said:

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for.  I actually already started with Ryuusei World Actor and it seems that Ruka has the "I do what I want" personality, so I should be fine for now until Magnum is released.

Regarding Nitro, I was planning to start with Saya no Uta, first since reviews are describing this as a "new" experience. Also, I saw that Kikokugai and Hanachirasu are quite old, are they just text reading with some choices or do they have some gameplay elements as well?

I see that you're looking for anti-hero here. As for Ryuusei my advice here is just enjoy the comedy and the setting, and that's all for what I can say without spoiling much (Or rather let's just say that there's a reason on why people wishing for Ryuusei's sequel). For both of Kikokugai and Hanachirasu, both VNs are pretty much just a short kinetic VNs. Also if you didn't like the art in Kikokugai's old version and prefer to have voices, you can play 2011 version in which it's also have translation patch with the traslation was ported from the old version (The texts are quite small though).

Edited by littleshogun