Upres sprites/BGs in VNs

I started playing Koihime Musou again on my new computer and now that I'm running everything in 4K Koihime Musou has become a blurry and jaggie mess. I've seen a big difference in games like Persona 3 Portable that have better texture mods and it sounds like a lot of tedious work. I'm willing to do that, just need a little help getting started. Since I already made a lossless audio mod for Koihime Musou awhile ago I might as well go all the way with making it as good as it can be, right?

-Is there a better option than Waifu2x for 2D sprites? I don't have the Photoshop skills to manually touch them up.
-Is there a program that will process all of the PNGs simultaneously, instead of manually uploading them one at a time to Waifu2x site?
-I was able to extract everything with exwlcs and get PNGs. After the uprezing is done, how do I repack it with the new PNGs? Unless /? left out some important information it doesn't look like exwlcs does that.

Any help is appreciated. I know just enough to know I don't know what I'm doing. 🤣

Edited by EcchiOujisama

4 minutes ago, EcchiOujisama said:

-Is there a better option than Waifu2x for 2D sprites? I don't have the Photoshop skills to manually touch them up.
-Is there a program that will process all of the PNGs simultaneously, instead of manually uploading them one at a time to Waifu2x site?

Not going to comment on any of the other parts or whether this seems like a workable idea in general, but you should run waifu2x-caffe locally on your own to process as many images with as crazy parameters as you want, rather than burden a public website with the load.