Light needs many requests to translate Silverio Franchise

Cyrno

Original:

https://twitter.com/light_staff_tw/status/1353504981836414976

Recently Light was answering some questions. as fast as they said, community started moving, Light requested "petitions" if someone wanna help, sing the petition.

It even reached the haspanic sphere

https://twitter.com/MoonCellScholar/status/1353644836679725056?s=19

PETITION HERE: http://chng.it/zm6mNVB7Wz

I hardly believe a petition by some rando would make a difference, LOL

Light titles are expensive to localize, and from the looks of things, whoever's in charge of Light would rather self-localize than give it to someone else to do it for them. That is, assuming they even consider there's a high enough demand for Silverio and their other titles. And... quite frankly, I'm always suspicious of self-localization attempts. I know Dies irae was technically self-localized too (I think?), but that one at least had notable TLers like Steiner and GundamAce working on it. Who's to say that they'd hire people like them to work on it, assuming they even decide to go through with the localization? Honestly, I'd rather they let someone else localize it for them than risk a shitty localization for a great series like Silverio. I don't have much faith in whoever's in charge of light now.

Edited by Infernoplex

7 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

I hardly believe a petition by some rando would make a difference, LOL

Light titles are expensive to localize, and from the looks of things, whoever's in charge of Light would rather self-localize than give it to someone else to do it for them. That is, assuming they even consider there's a high enough demand for Silverio and their other titles. And... quite frankly, I'm always suspicious of self-localization attempts. I know Dies irae was technically self-localized too (I think?), but that one at least had notable TLers like Steiner and GundamAce working on it. Who's to say that they'd hire people like them to work on it, assuming they even decide to go through with the localization? Honestly, I'd rather they let someone else localize it for them than risk a shitty localization for a great series like Silverio. I don't have much faith in whoever's in charge of light now.

We are taking the literal words of Light Staff "if there are many requests". Lets make make them getting attention.

I assume, that if there is sufficient amount of people who sign the petition, it could show Light that there is a relatively sizable demand for the localization. It could become profitable, if enough people purchase the translated visual novels.

I think that it may be possible to raise traction, if the petition gets enough people to sign it and when the games released, there needs to be a lot of demand.

I think raising awareness on r/visualnovels and twitter reddit, about the petition that could lead to the Western release can be helpful.

Edited by Solitude94

I wonder how many of the people who sign this petition actually would end up paying for the VN. Considering how widespread piracy seem to be in the VN community I wonder how many of the votes are just people who want it translated to then pirate it versus those that plan to actually buy it. I just hope it doesn't end up where they localize it due to the petition and it sells really bad and that ends up with the japanese visual novel companies in general having more disstrust towards the english readerbase.

Edited by bakauchuujin

3 hours ago, bakauchuujin said:

I wonder how many of the people who sign this petition actually would end up paying for the VN. Considering how widespread piracy seem to be in the VN community I wonder how many of the votes are just people who want it translated to then pirate it versus those that plan to actually buy it. I just hope it doesn't end up where they localize it due to the petition and it sells really bad and that ends up with the japanese visual novel companies in general having more disstrust towards the english readerbase.

Lets think that Light could start a crownfounding to finance the translation like they did with Dies Irae on Steam

7 hours ago, Cyrno said:

Lets think that Light could start a crownfounding to finance the translation like they did with Dies Irae on Steam

And that one turned out pretty bad in the end. Lots of promises that were made for Dies irae back then weren't delivered, and lots of people considered it a mess, complaining about how it was handled. Mind you, this was at the time light was still run by the original management. This new management seems even less competent, and honestly, I'd feel very reluctant to back a new Kickstarter, should one come. I'd gladly buy a finished product that has a proper localization, but I wouldn't throw my money at another Kickstarter potentially run by someone who can't handle the project.

Also, this thing with petitions is sorta funny to me. Like, what's stopping pirates from also signing it up? Heck, what's stopping us to sign it multiple times under different names, LOL? I don't see how this would be a sure way to prove there's demand for it 🤣

I know that I probably like this at several occasions in the past, but as for this I'll say that the petition here is less on show Light that Silverio has enough demand and more on the petition maker is (Pardon my lack of better word beforehand) an entitled one for try to force Light to translate Silverio even though it's pretty clear that Light themselves refuse to translate it. Okay to be fair I also hoping several VNs would be better to be translated, although as for making petition here I would say that action was really push it too far. That said, if something can really come from the petition, and I mean IF something can really come from the petition I'll admit that the petition here is really useful although as of now I won't count on it. Lastly if you ask me on when Light will localize Silverio, then I'll just say when they ready for it and secured some resources to do that.

PS - As for Change.org while several petitions here are quite successful, there's also much more failed petitions in which the number of the signatures at those failed petitions might be higher than the number of signatures at the successful petitions.

Edited by littleshogun

13 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

And that one turned out pretty bad in the end. Lots of promises that were made for Dies irae back then weren't delivered, and lots of people considered it a mess, complaining about how it was handled. Mind you, this was at the time light was still run by the original management. This new management seems even less competent, and honestly, I'd feel very reluctant to back a new Kickstarter, should one come. I'd gladly buy a finished product that has a proper localization, but I wouldn't throw my money at another Kickstarter potentially run by someone who can't handle the project.

Also, this thing with petitions is sorta funny to me. Like, what's stopping pirates from also signing it up? Heck, what's stopping us to sign it multiple times under different names, LOL? I don't see how this would be a sure way to prove there's demand for it 🤣

Wich promises are you talking abaout? i was following DI kickstarter on that moment and got no trouble with the translation at all. You mean Pantheon?

1 hour ago, Cyrno said:

Wich promises are you talking abaout? i was following DI kickstarter on that moment and got no trouble with the translation at all. You mean Pantheon?

The one that comes to top of my mind right now is the promised combined version of Amentes Amentes and 18+ H-scenes. That never happened, and instead, you had to play both version separately. There were also some resolution shenaningans and CG cropping. There's probably more stuff, but this is what I remember at the top of my head.