Finished Infinity Series today

hungofhydra

I managed to finish all Infinity Trilogy today (which are Never7, Ever17 and Remember11). Here are my thought about Infinity Series:

While Never7 is a huge letdown, Ever17 and Remember11 are in a whole next level. I consider Remember11 is one of the best VN out here, plot wise. Ever17 is not bad, but the concept of "Infinity" in is weaker than "Infinity" in Remember17. The "Infinity: in R11 is so mind-blowing. But the GUI is so bad in Remember11, it's glitchy, dialogue moves on its own. Well, this is predictable since KID was on the verge of bankrupt.

So what about you, what is your thought in Infinity Series?

8 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Never read Remember11. I only heard it was weird and left you out in the cold because of no ending, so i just let it be. Was that a mistake? Its truly a shame since i think the plot looked very interesting.

There is an ending, and it's solvable and understandable plotwise. But they didn't make the third route that would explain everything. At least that's what I read back then. So it is a full experience and a very good one, it's just not explicit in its answers. Buuuut, if you understand how Ever17 works, specially in its twist in the end, you'll easily figure out Remember11.

I first played Ever17 five years ago, and I remember I didn't understand anything at all, so I left it after finishing one of the Kid's endings. Just a month and a half ago I decided to replay it aaaand it became one of my favorites visual novels. The true ending was soo satisfying to get, and all of the mysteries around the game really hooked me up into trying to solve them myself. It really was amazing to play it.

I got the same feeling with R11, and how well the pacing was, alongside with the enigmas and plot-twists, made it very enjoyable... Though I spent 40+ hours searching for the third route, sooo yeah, once I found out there wasn't one, I kinda got... frustrated. Very:amane:
Thinking about it now, it really was a clever move the creator made. Can't help but accept that I fell right into the game's trap, and that's somehow amusing. It's a shame there isn't a third route, but the journey of playing this game really was worth it.

Still haven't played Never7, but... I doubt I will do it soon. I heard it isn't that good compared to E17 and R11, so I'll leave it for some day when I'm bored.

1 hour ago, Silvz said:

it was not on purpose, but because of lack of money

Ah, that's right. Lack of money and creative differences, if I recall correctly. Still, even if was because of all that, it's kinda fitting plot-wise.

Spoiler

At the end of the day, that unfinished ending is telling us that the YUKIDOH Plan is completed due to Self (us) successfully being trapped in the infinity loop.