Walkure Romanze: For those who are interested

Clephas

I played the original some time ago, and I played the fandisc just today (as in, finished it).  So, I thought I would share some thoughts on it with those who are thinking of playing the original because the anime came out.

First, this game's genres are seishun drama and romance (there are comedic elements, but they are just a spice, rather than a central part of the game).   The story is - like all seishun drama - is as much about personal growth, pursuing goals, and overcoming adversity as it is about the romantic elements.  There is a certain amount of infodumping on the sport of jousting (the version that exists in the setting) throughout both games, and that would probably make it somewhat overwhelming for someone not used to reading Japanese.  If I had to comment on the romantic elements, I would suggest skipping the h-scenes (simply because they are a bit over the top at times for entry-level vn-players), and the deredere romance is fairly straightforward in most cases. 

As to the quality of both games... while they are definitely within the top 150 VNs I've played, neither of them is what I would call a masterpiece.  However, that doesn't mean they aren't enjoyable.  If you like seishun drama and romance (along with kyonyuu, lol) they are a good set of games to play. 

Hahaha... no problem.  When I played the first game, I was just playing anything that was even remotely related to weapons, because I didn't know all the cues I needed to look for to find games of the type I wanted (sometimes tags aren't enough).  It definitely falls within the ranks of the better charage/drama that I've played, though I have played better.  I can't help but wonder why they chose this one to become an anime though... like a lot of seishun drama, a great deal of the pleasure you get from playing is observing the internal growth of the protagonist and other characters....