Dont know what to read next

RussianMartabak

Ive been getting into VN and I quite enjoy it. Especially because it can be very immersive. I have read the SciAdv series, Fate SN and enjoyed it. However I dont know which vn I should try next. I tried Dies Irae and didnt like it, because it just felt too outlandish. So maybe im looking for a title with not too much fantasy, good world building/setting and good characters. Is there any title reccomendation that is not umineko and grisaia? especially if the mc is not in high school

uh, why not Umineko? It's perfect...

SciAdv is Steins;gate, right? You'll definitely like 999 (and its sequels, Virtue's last reward and Zero Time Dilemma - the first two can be bought as a bundle on Steam by the name "The nonary games")

Also, you should try the Infinite series - Never7, Ever17 and Remember11. They may seem old, as they are [specially Never7], but if you don't mind early 2000s graphics, you'll have a blast! People really enjoy Ever17 more, but I think the series, although not sequenced storywise, can be better appreciated if you start from Never7 - it builds the ideas behind the whole series, as how some mechanics work - then read Ever17, where you'll have a much more "conclusive" ending and explanation, and last Remember11 - which is technically not finished, as there would be a third route explaining the story. However, because of the lack of it (and mind it, the game :is: a full experience even without it, and if you already understand how the other two games work, you may - or may not - find out the answer by yourself.

I'd also recommend AI: The Somnium Files (not a VN per se, but the gameplay is minimal and the focus is on the story), Cartagra/Kara no Shoujo 1 and 2 (Cartagra comes before KnS, although you can skip it without missing too much besides some character development).

19 hours ago, RussianMartabak said:

Ive been getting into VN and I quite enjoy it. Especially because it can be very immersive. I have read the SciAdv series, Fate SN and enjoyed it. However I dont know which vn I should try next. I tried Dies Irae and didnt like it, because it just felt too outlandish. So maybe im looking for a title with not too much fantasy, good world building/setting and good characters. Is there any title reccomendation that is not umineko and grisaia? especially if the mc is not in high school

While I do agree with the previous posters that Umineko is quite great, there are other great VNs to recommend as well. Personally I would advise you to check out Swan Song, Symphonic Rain, and Yume Miru Kusuri. Saya no Uta and Narcissu are great as well. In fact, Narcissu is probably my personal favorite VN that is translated. It's free, its short, and it will make you feel.  

2 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Utsuge is not exactly the kind of feel everyone wants to feel. Important to point that out

Not all the VNs I recommended are Utsuge, so I'm not sure what your point is. But yes, Narcissu isn't an uplifting VN. But like I said, if you want something that will really make you feel it's a very solid choice. Which is why I recommended it to OP. But if a more uplifting VN is desired, then I would recommend Katawa Shoujo.  

1 hour ago, Silvz said:

they are, tho. I could say why, but it would be spoiler for all of them lol

I think we have different definitions of Utsuge. Just because a VN has dark themes and a serious tone doesn't necessarily make it an Utsuge in my perspective. Of the ones I mentioned I would only consider Saya no Uta, Narcissu and Swan Song to be Utsuge. But even Swan Song has an unlockable good ending, which imo makes its classification as Utsuge debatable. But again, I think we might be working on different interpretations of what defines Utsuge, so I'm not sure if we will come to any agreement lol.