Tsukihime remake to be released in Summer 2021

Inorin

21 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

As if current Type Moon would still deal with anything 18+. :makina:

Well I suppose their 18+ VNs are nothing special... Remember playing the original Fate/Stay Night centuries ago and the H scenes was kinda dull and voiceless... The art was okay...

Here's hoping they'll released a PC version somewhere along the lines.

Just in case some other users here wonder, by releasing this for console it mean that automatically Tsukihime here will be all age, which to say not surprising seeing that they've been released console VN since way back when they released Realta Nua back at 2006. Oh and the VA here is even more indicator, seeing that all of them are acted for anime and Type Moon here did use their real name while if VA would act for eroge they would use pseudonym. Well Type Moon didn't write much sex scenes in their VN anyway, so there's no much loss by released the remake as all age VN.

As for the plan to port Tsukihime into PC, well good luck to the team. Translating the VN would be the easiest part seeing that the team can just use old Takajun translation if they particularly lazy, provided that Type Moon didn't change the script much other than the obvious removal of sex scenes. That leave porting the VN into PC, which might take long time.

PS - By the way for now I'll just think of this as redundant release, but at least the graphic improvement admittedly quite nice to look.

Edited by littleshogun

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Translating the VN would be the easiest part seeing that the team can just use old Takajun translation if they particularly lazy, provided that Type Moon didn't change the script much other than the obvious removal of sex scenes.

They did. Unless it has been changed during all these years since it was revealed, it's supposed to be a total rewrite with new characters and a new route, so no, using the previous translation won't work.

I guess somebody could just make a patch to update the 2000 version with the new graphics... But would anyone even want that? At least, the character sprites in the original weren't that bad, and the current character designs imo look a lot more generic. A music update would be nice though.

Ps. After countless Mahoyo translation attempts, I will be really surprised if this translation actually sees the light of day, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it's only natural that Type Moon would improve the script for the remake version so that the story would be suitable by today standard, although its just too bad that there's no easy way for the translator to quickly translate the remake then lol. Not that I'm in a hurry to play Tsukihime remake anyway, so good luck to the team in regard of both translating the new script and porting the engine to PC.