Tsukihime remake to be released in Summer 2021

Inorin

The art styles in the trailer are irritating. The static art of the first half seems barely improved from the first release 20 years ago. Certainly nothing you'd expect from a 2021 title. On the other hand, the second half is top-notch anime art. Is this really a trailer for the VN remake or a new anime remake?

PS4 and Switch? I guess saying PS5 is not necessary, since it will be backwards-compatible anyway, but it's still weird to ignore current gen with this kind of release date...

3 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Is this really a trailer for the VN remake or a new anime remake?

New anime wouldn't call itself a remake though? It would just pretend the first version never existed, just like the Type-Moon fanbase does. 😛

Considering that the animation was created by Ufotable, safe to say that Type Moon probably want to reboot Tsukihime anime as well (Yes I know that it's probably just the animated trailer for the VN for now). Also apparently they want to safe some VAs cost, so they decided to recast the newer VAs with the most well known one is Kaede Hondo (Maple from Bofuri, Elaina from Majo no Tabitabi) who act as Ciel. Well at least Type Moon did use the money that they got from some gambling addict who like to waste money to draw FGO gacha wisely, so I should say good job that they still remember the reason on why they've been successful is because of the VNs with Tsukihime here is their first VN from back at 2000.

As for why PS4, they probably already determined the console was PS4 while at the development time PS5 was released, so it's more like they took too much time in development rather than they ignore the newest console. Too bad that they didn't release this for PC, but I guess they may already change their target market from PC player to console player.

Edited by littleshogun

2 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

PS4 and Switch? I guess saying PS5 is not necessary, since it will be backwards-compatible anyway, but it's still weird to ignore current gen with this kind of release date...

Ye really doubt it would make sense to release any VN for PS5 atm. Considering how easy it should be for a PS4 to handle a VN I don't think they can really promote things like using the power of the PS5 to play a VN more smoothly. Just relaying on the backwards compatability atm makes way more sense then making a VN specifically for the PS5. Nothing to really gain in terms of performance boost and there are also way more PS4 currently than PS5 and when the PS5 can play PS4 games anyways I really doubt they would really gain any sales from a PS5 specific build that they can promote specifically for PS5.

Edited by bakauchuujin

37 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Ye really doubt it would make sense to release any VN for PS5 atm. Considering how easy it should be for a PS4 to handle a VN I don't think they can really promote things like using the power of the PS5 to play a VN more smoothly. Just relaying on the backwards compatability atm makes way more sense then making a VN specifically for the PS5. Nothing to really gain in terms of performance boost and there are also way more PS4 currently than PS5 and when the PS5 can play PS4 games anyways I really doubt they would really gain any sales from a PS5 specific build that they can promote specifically for PS5.

Indeed, though they could've slapped the PS5 logo there anyway, it just feel anachronistic to omit it.

At least it will premiere for both in practise, with PC it feels like Type-Moon shitting on its old fan base, but I guess that doesn't matter much considering how their franchises evolved and isn't anything new either. 

15 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Are you saying you have a Switch from another region? If so, you should be fine. It's pretty simple to change eShop locale, and I assume the same is true for accessing the Japanese one.

it is. You only need to log in on a PC or smartphone and change your region to Japan. You can even have an account just for that, as the Switch allows up to 8 accounts in the same system. You cannot, however, change your region if you have credits on the eShop.

On 1/1/2021 at 1:30 AM, Infernoplex said:

Tough luck.

You're gonna see it both on PC and fanTLed (no idea what kind of TL it's going to be) xD

Unofficial english pc patch looking really lonely on vndb after they removed the japanese pc version. Bit quick on the trigger there but i like the enthusiasm.