Line Breaks in YU-RIS Engine

ynate

Hello,

I'm fiddling with a game made with YU-RIS right now, and because the script is originally designed for Japanese characters, there is no word wrap.
I figured I should do the word wrapping myself by putting line breaks, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. By the way, I'm using Ozmafia Script Tool to extract the text.

What I know so far is:
1. The newline macro (\R) listed on the YU-RIS manual (http://yu-ris.net/manual/eris/) do not work for me.
2. If I put a newline directly (\n, \r\n), it gets converted into a space.

I would appreciate if someone could point me to the right direction.  

If you have problems at relatively few points, and character wrapping works in your vn, you can try simply adding enough spaces to cause a character break when needed. I don't recommend this for working on anything long, though. Well, maybe you could automate it with a monospace font... javHHFp.png

Thank you for the replies.

19 minutes ago, Zakamutt said:

you can try simply adding enough spaces to cause a character break when needed

That makes sense. If there really is no other way, I might go with this.

The only gripe I have with this approach is that, the Text window and the Text Log window have a different maximum character per line. So even if I make the text displayed in the Text window "look good," it will look kind of messed up in the Text Log window.

1 hour ago, Infernoplex said:

my advice is to get a proper hacker

Do you know where I could find someone for this? I think it is possible that they could reverse-engineer how an engine does its word wrapping. Though I feel getting someone to do it might be a bit overkill, especially since this issue is very minor and purely cosmetic. 😅

11 hours ago, ynate said:

Do you know where I could find someone for this? I think it is possible that they could reverse-engineer how an engine does its word wrapping. Though I feel getting someone to do it might be a bit overkill, especially since this issue is very minor and purely cosmetic. 😅

If I did know that, I'd probably ask the same person to help me out xD