Kakugo Translations announces Knot Fiction!

Infernoplex

3 hours ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

Haven't heard of Knot Fiction or Hachimitsu Soft, but congrats on getting this started.

Yeah, it's an obscure random nukige, can't fault you for never hearing about it :)

3 hours ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

Also I approve of Umi picture in the top banner.

😈

2 hours ago, nazim10 said:

That came out of nowhere, but what a nice surprise! I really hope to see more VN's from Hachimitsu, but after seeing you complain about the engine, I thing that's a long shot XD

Yeah, we ain't doing another Hachimitsu VN, that's for sure xD None of us on the team are too hot on doing another VN with SystemC as its engine.

...HOWEVER!

That's not to say that titles we're working on/will be working on won't be interesting :) I can at least say that our next project's likely to be way more interesting than Knot Fiction.

2 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

Yeah, we ain't doing another Hachimitsu VN, that's for sure xD None of us on the team are too hot on doing another VN with SystemC as its engine.

...HOWEVER!

That's not to say that titles we're working on/will be working on won't be interesting :) I can at least say that our next project's likely to be way more interesting than Knot Fiction.

Part of me hopes for Natsuyume Nagisa after seeing your profile pic. Hahaha. But anything from you guys would be great.

1 hour ago, RiverAlpha said:

Part of me hopes for Natsuyume Nagisa after seeing your profile pic. Hahaha. But anything from you guys would be great.

😤
SOMEONE RECOGNIZED MY PFP, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

No one more than me would wish for Natsunagi, but we'll see. Not making any promises. Besides, Saga Planets is risky since NekoNyan has picked up a title from them. It's true that Natsunagi's too old for localization, though. No idea, we'll see. But Natsunagi definitely has my vote, I ain't hiding that :D 

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I just saw that Tsurezure Scans dropped Gin'iro, Haruka (Trip had a burnout, and he started to dislike the vn, apparently).

Now, I'm not asking you to pick it up. But, considering that there's 2 routes left, and they said that they still want to finish the vn, do you know someon that might be interested in finishing it? Maybe even a collaboration with another translation group? If so, they have a new Discord (the old was nuked by trip).

3 hours ago, nazim10 said:

Guys, I just saw that Tsurezure Scans dropped Gin'iro, Haruka (Trip had a burnout, and he started to dislike the vn, apparently).

Now, I'm not asking you to pick it up. But, considering that there's 2 routes left, and they said that they still want to finish the vn, do you know someon that might be interested in finishing it? Maybe even a collaboration with another translation group? If so, they have a new Discord (the old was nuked by trip).

I heard someone's maybe going to pick it up? Not yet set in stone, but it's a possibility, apparently. As for whether we'd be up for picking it up -- we're too busy and already have our sight on other things. But maybe someone decides to finish the remaining two routes for Ginharu. That said, I heard they are worth quite a ton of text. Like, one medium sized VN worth of text, at least.

Well, it's basically a route and an after route for each heroine (high-school + adult life).

Once again, I didn't ask you specifically to pick it up (it's unreasonable to do so), but I figured, since you're in the translation scene, you might have contacts that might help. Not gonna lie, I'm a bit biased, but I really want this translation to be complete, and I'll wait whataver it takes for it (like I'm doing for A Sky full of stars XD)

5 hours ago, nazim10 said:

Well, it's basically a route and an after route for each heroine (high-school + adult life).

Once again, I didn't ask you specifically to pick it up (it's unreasonable to do so), but I figured, since you're in the translation scene, you might have contacts that might help. Not gonna lie, I'm a bit biased, but I really want this translation to be complete, and I'll wait whataver it takes for it (like I'm doing for A Sky full of stars XD)

In Irru's refuge discord server, I've seen some new developments. Here's hoping at least one of the potentially interested TLers pick it up :)And maybe even Tsukikana project?! (...Who am I kidding, nobody's gonna do Tsukikana 😭 )

Edited by Infernoplex

• 1 month later...

Hi there! I don't know if you saw it, but HarmonEy, a VN by Hachimitsu Soft, got an official English release. Since this and Knot Fiction use the same engine, I was thinking that it might be a good idea to check it out, to see if you can improve some things in your release, that you couldn't do before. Even though you still get nightmares from it XD

1 hour ago, nazim10 said:

Hi there! I don't know if you saw it, but HarmonEy, a VN by Hachimitsu Soft, got an official English release. Since this and Knot Fiction use the same engine, I was thinking that it might be a good idea to check it out, to see if you can improve some things in your release, that you couldn't do before. Even though you still get nightmares from it XD

Actually, we did improve some things with our release short after release. I didn't post about it here earlier, but here's the link to the short announcement we made back then.

Anyway, we're aware of the official localization of HarmonEy. But we're also aware it was done by the same company that localized Tenkiame, and that one didn't turn out so well. And judging from what I saw from HarmonEy's release so far, it's just as bad. Also, I looked at the tech, and they didn't fare much better. They couldn't even change the font. Overall, it's a pretty meh localization. Hachimitsu Soft deserves better. Shame real localization companies aren't showing interest in them, or can't pick up titles from them for some reason 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Infernoplex