Chaotic Good Heroine

NoteSi

Strong individualistic principles vs. collective ones

anti -"釘[杭]は打たれる" heroine

I hate when heroine become cripple because of that.Is that one of reason strong willed heroines is rare thing.The reason why so many hetare protogonist. The reason why non-human heroine nerfed. etc

GOOD VNs with chaotic good heroines are rare.  I say this because most heroines in VNs don't have enough force of personality outside of their moe points to really have an alignment, lol.  Also, very few VN heroines are anything resembling selfless.  If anything, since romance is so vital to most VN stories (romance being an inherently selfish concept) most VNs prove a poor medium for a 'good' heroine.

Katsuragi Youko- Akeiro Kaikitan- Technically, her ending is the 'bad' ending of Akeiro, but it doesn't change that this ancient being is a force for good... on an individual level.  She is whimsical, distant, and kind.  She is more than a little hedonistic and tends to encourage the same in those around her.  Her tendency to scheme to achieve multiple ends from a single plan sometimes backfires, but she always has a backup.  She doesn't give a flip for the rules of those around her but rather on the well-being of those she has taken a shine to.  That said, once she has done her best for them, she expects them to stand or fall on their own.

Aiba Kazumi- Kanojo wa Tenshi de Imouto de- Kazumi is an individual who was originally thought to be the most likely candidate to replace god as the world's overseer, but instead she chose the path of the reaper when she reached the peak of power available to an angel.  There were a number of reasons for this, but at least part came from the fact that she was disinterested in being further bound to a position as restrictive and horrifying as that one.  She is good, helpful and loyal... but she is disinterested in obeying what is expected of her.  Like Youko, while she will help as she can, she refuses to be a crutch for others to stand on.

Yuuzutsu Hanene- Tenshi no Hane o Fumanaide- The individualistic but good-hearted apparent main heroine of the game, an ojousama who's only real love is the protagonist but who will save others on the way out of habit.  Her father's teachings have left her with a strong core of self-reliance only surpassed by that of the protagonist.  (honestly, if you like individualistic philosophy that doesn't necessarily deny communalist ideas, this is a good VN to pick)

Himegami Alice- Yami to Hikari no Sanctuary- Raised in the extreme elite capitalist Himegami family, she is perhaps the only member of her family who isn't a sociopath.  In fact, she has a tendency to take life as she finds it and see the best in people around her without blinding herself to their flaws.  Her only crutch is the protagonist, Souji, and even that is more of a precaution than anything else.  Like most of the heroines on this list, she'll help someone along the way, but she quite naturally expects them to take care of themselves without her intervention after.

Fujina Kanori- Minamijuujisei Renka- To her followers, a leader to a better future; to her friends a mischievous but kind-hearted princess; and to her enemies, a ruthless foe who will take extreme action when the situation calls for it.  While she can think of the greater good, her actions are mostly done for the good of her followers, herself, and those she is fond of rather than out of any sense of communalistic duty.  Law and custom are only tools to fulfill her goals to her, and her position is an obstacle she has also turned into a tool.  

Izuna Zanshinken- All three heroines - This is an unusual game, in that all three heroines can be considered to be chaotic good.  Whether it is Suzuka's devotion to her role as the head of the Kuzuryuu Family, Hikaru's devotion to her sense of justice, or Shinobu's need to act for the sake of the victims of the most depraved crimes, all of them show the signature features of a heroine of this type, acting not out of rote belief but out of a deeply personal moral code.

To be honest, I ended up cutting about fifty heroines from this list after considering them, simply because most 'good' heroines are much closer to the lawful or neutral good descriptors.  

To include English Translated VNs since Clephas seems to not like to

• Momoyo from MajiKoi 
  • Kagome from Comyu
  • Hikari from A Sky Full of Stars/Miazora. Not in a action girl kinda way but always doing things for the greater good just in kinda unpredictable way
  • Chinatsu from Baldr Sky

4 hours ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

To include English Translated VNs since Clephas seems to not like to

• Momoyo from MajiKoi 
  • Kagome from Comyu
  • Hikari from A Sky Full of Stars/Miazora. Not in a action girl kinda way but always doing things for the greater good just in kinda unpredictable way
  • Chinatsu from Baldr Sky

Momoyo is chaotic neutral

Kagome is chaotic evil (c'mon, you already knew this if you got her ending)

10 hours ago, Clephas said:

(honestly, if you like individualistic philosophy that doesn't necessarily deny communalist ideas, this is a good VN to pick)

1.I dislike communalist ideas for the sakes of communalist ideas.For the sake of the drama  life is hard, but you have to brace yourselves.I just tired of that thing in japanese drama.When protagonist could save loved one,but he choose not because of he decide  save people that hated him just because for no reason...,when protagonist grow as weak and then become strong only to forgive the person that bullied him/killed his loved ones.It also doesn't mean i support vengeance for the sake of vengeance.when protagonist become basically immortal in different world,but in the end he choose return to home world and live as cripple.... etc etc..

2.I dislike pure individualism for the sake of individualism.Because of that i see many modern left movements as far right ones...

3.In fact i don't support  ayn rand,bryan caplan, paul ryan,ted cruz, edward block,joseph boettk,and so on.

4. I just like freedom-loving heroines.

39gvz.jpg

Edited by NoteSi

12 hours ago, Clephas said:

Izuna Zanshinken- All three heroines - This is an unusual game, in that all three heroines can be considered to be chaotic good.  Whether it is Suzuka's devotion to her role as the head of the Kuzuryuu Family, Hikaru's devotion to her sense of justice, or Shinobu's need to act for the sake of the victims of the most depraved crimes, all of them show the signature features of a heroine of this type, acting not out of rote belief but out of a deeply personal moral code.

Hikaru, chaotic good? You can't be serious, she's totally lawful good. The other two do indeed fit quite a bit, thanks to the game avoiding the obligatory "no killing allowed" JP trope.

From me, I can only recommend Mahou Shoujo, though not for a heroine. The female MC is an incredibly based individual that also fits the chaotic good alignment. There are other reasons to recommend it, too...