Meteor World Actor released!

Formlose Gestalt

ShiraVN has announced today that Meteor World Actor released on Johren (the western DMM games platform).

https://twitter.com/shira_vn/status/1333223068282482688

Here is the Opening:

And here is the link to the Johren store page (THIS LINK IS NSFW!)

https://www.johren.games/games/download/meteor-world-actor-en-zh/

The game is discounted for 50% during the launch week and is available for 20$ right now.  Johren is the only platform for now after the game has been rejected multiple times from Steam the over the last year.

And Finally @Clephas has written a review of the Japanese version here: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/blogs/entry/2846-ryuusei-world-actor/

You should definitely give it a read if you are interested in the title.

It looks pretty interesting, especially since I like that type of detective VN's. However, it's a bit annoying that they didn't get it on Steam. I wonder why, it really doesn't look like a VN you're buying for the ero content. But I guess Claris looked a bit too young for the Steamquisition and ShiraVN probably tried to release it uncensored without an adult patch.

Not really fond of creating an account on Johren Games though - never heard of them. Couldn't they just release it on one of the more common platforms like Mangagamer or DenpaSoft as well? :amane:

Edited by ChaosRaven

7 hours ago, Silvz said:

that bad?

Worse than Akagoei, in terms of being incomplete.  Akagoei at least pretended to have actual endings, as short and unsatisfying as they were until the FD came out.  If they had released a sequel within six months, I might have been willing to forgive them, but even then, I still would have had major complaints.  This game's potential was wasted entirely because the producers didn't rein in Kinugasa's love of never finishing anything.  The non-true heroine paths are pathetically short and the true heroine's path essentially shuts down in the middle of things, where the action would have begun to get going in any decent game.  Worse, there is no guarantee of a sequel, despite them having set up to easily graft one on, because Kinugasa's tendency to never finish anything extends to everything he does.

then ill pass on this. ty for informing us.
EDIT: theres one guy who review it with a 10/10 masterpiece.
https://vndb.org/t12690
vndb score it as 7.21

EDIT2: quote from the discussion thread

And those players who complain about its "incomplete and abrupt endings" that have no appreciation for proper plot setup whatsoever. This game is over 50 hours long despite it just being a setup/introductory chapter of a two-game series, maybe even a trilogy. Do you seriously think it would've been satisfying and good if they tried to cram everything they had into one game? Think of it as a Baldr Sky Dive 1, where most of the major plot reveals happen only when Dive 2 came out.

so that means you need to wait for the other half of the series or the last 2 thirds of the trilogy to enjoy it?? then ill wait.

Edited by wyldstrykr

I previewed the H-scenes. I'm actually surprised the foreplay is just foreplay and the MC doesnt just magically able to blow load twice in a row. And the MC seems to have some alpha dialogue

Also the MC and heroines all being adult age is quite nice.

Edited by NowItsAngeTime

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 11:41 PM, wyldstrykr said:

so that means you need to wait for the other half of the series or the last 2 thirds of the trilogy to enjoy it?? then ill wait.

The english version is in a pretty unknow plattaform and had to go through a lot just to be released. I really doubt we'll get the next part parts of the series unless somehow this one sells well there. 

• 2 months later...

What I know is that Ryuusei here has Open Ending and if you didn't like open ending perhaps it would be better to avoid this. That said, I don't exactly know whether you'll like the ending or not, but at least I can say that it's more or less like that the heroines route was rushed along with didn't resolve their main problem and the common routes here is written nicely. So as long as you didn't mind that the ending will be rushed and just want to read the common route, it should be a good read here.

As for the sequel, I sort of hope that finally we can have new writer only to be turned out that Kinugasa was still in charge of this (Well guess I ask too much since obviously new writer won't be able to take over Kinugasa's setting writing easily). Anyway looking from on how people did comment on Akagoei 3, I sort of expect that he'll end Ryuusei's sequel in open ending style as well and thus it would be better to not expect much closure from the sequel. At least we'll going to have Fuyumi become the heroine if anything else, although it looks like Kinugasa would write the the story of our heroine only to be not able to conclude it after several hours of brainstorming. So yeah my expectation for the sequel here is pretty much mild, doubly so with most likely Shiravune would take care of this and their recent release was handled badly because of Denuvo usage.

Edited by littleshogun