Finished Higurashi

hungofhydra

Took the whole 2 week to finish both Question Arc and Answer Arc.

The mystery is great, the solution is great, the conclusion is great. But I think the final battle should be more grand. 

9/10 tho 100% would play again someday. Now move to Umineko

Btw I played most of the game in Original Art. Love the emotion but dislike the background (it's just blurry real photo lol). If there is some way to play with OG sprite but Alchemist background. 

ENDING SPOILER BELOW 

Spoiler

SPOILER_unknown.png?width=856&height=499

Edited by hungofhydra

There's a way to play with the original sprite while at the same time using Alchemist background. I did remember the progress, although I need to test it though since it's been a while I'd tweak Higurashi Steam version here. And it should be noted that it won't change the fact that the CG will use the new sprites for an obvious reason.

PS - By the way the new release still didn't have soundtrack 'Ode to the Moon' that was available in the original version of Minagoroshi (Not Mangagamer translated version from 2010). I guess the soundtrack itself was got blocked by the copyright or something like that, so oh well.

Edited by littleshogun

5 hours ago, Silvz said:

they don't? I've changed them all while reading and never had a problem

You sure you aren't thinking of the Mangagamer sprites? Those and the PS3 sprites use the same backgrounds, but I think hungofhydra is referring to using the Ryuukishi07 sprites, which might change the backgrounds automatically. (I haven't tried them myself, so I can't confirm.)

6 hours ago, Silvz said:

they don't? I've changed them all while reading and never had a problem

If you switch between Alchemist sprites (aka Console sprite) and Mangagamer Sprites (aka Steam Sprites), the backgrounds will not change. But if you change to Original Sprites (aka Ryuukishi07 sprites) it changes immediately. Sometime the game won't change background instantly, but when you move on to next dialogue box, it still changes

1 hour ago, hungofhydra said:

If you switch between Alchemist sprites (aka Console sprite) and Mangagamer Sprites (aka Steam Sprites), the backgrounds will not change. But if you change to Original Sprites (aka Ryuukishi07 sprites) it changes immediately. Sometime the game won't change background instantly, but when you move on to next dialogue box, it still changes

Sounds like an interesting case. Can I ask you to screenshot your CG and Sprites folder so that I can take a look at it? Because the answer for your problem here might be easier or closer than you think, although I may be wrong on this.

19 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Sounds like an interesting case. Can I ask you to screenshot your CG and Sprites folder so that I can take a look at it? Because the answer for your problem here might be easier or closer than you think, although I may be wrong on this.

Nah it's okay. I already uninstalled after finish the game

I see. Well in case some user like to play with console background and original sprites, just make sure that you delete all of original background (Blurred photograph one) in the Streaming Assets folder. I did test it with Matsuribayashi, and indeed you can play it with original sprites along with console background. With that, I guess your problem might be because you just move the folder with original sprites to the Streaming Assets in the game folder without removing the original background pictures.

Edited by littleshogun