Cases of Chuunige where the slice-of-life is better than the action scenes?

onorub

More of a curiosity thread than a recommendation thread. Those have been rare-ish cases, but i've been finding some chuunige where the slice-of-life is better than the action and wanted to see other cases where people thought the same. For me, the three standout cases were SteelAlicematic and Devils Devel Concept. Devils Devel Concept in particular was a case where i was half-tempted to skip the action scenes just to come back to the slice-of-life.

2 hours ago, Zalor said:

That's funny, my first response to seeing this thread was "Definitely not Dies Irae". Different strokes for different folks I guess lol

Same, actually. I literally dropped Dies Irae due to slice of life scenes. It's not like I particularly hated them, but they somehow ended up killing my excitement for the story, so I just stopped playing at some point and never got back.

As for the question, I don't really know. I noticed that I generally don't like how sol scenes are done in chuunige. I'm definitely not sol hater though, I enjoy it a lot in other types of stories. But what I don't like is that many plot-focused VNs just use it as filler, and it just doesn't add anything of substance to the story or character development.