Nitro+ Translation Projects?

36 minutes ago, Fresh AF (not really) said:

Nitro+ has only translated 4 novels (afaik) and then never again. In the meantime, are there any unofficial (completed/active) translation projects that aren't Saya or Stein?

well, they do not translate their games, but other companies do. That said, we had Lamento, Sweet Pool, Saya, Dramatical Murder, Kimi no kanojo, Togainu no Chi, Phantom of Inferno, Kikougai, Demonbaine, Hanachirasu, Steins;Gate and its siblings [which, by their own, are already more than 4 games :P] and so on.

Edited by Silvz

There are surely many other Nitroplus VNs that was translated, and of course it's not just Steins Gate or Saya no Uta. Anyway other than numerous examples that Silvz mentioned there's also Chaos Head in that it's been fully translated and therefore it's available in English, although it's still not officially localized though because back then the team want to bring it to JAST only to be failed. About Kikokugai, remake version have some well-known VA voicing the characters with the exchange that the sex scenes are censored, although after I saw the CGs there's no much censoring other than the obvious one (You know what I mean). I talk about Kikokugai remake because it's also available in English as well, although the font is hard to read though because it's small. Lastly there's also SoniComi in that it tell the story about Nitroplus's mascot, although of course you shouldn't expect dark story from the VN itself.

PS - I'd just find out that Robotic Notes are also produced by Nitroplus as well along with it was just recently released, so it count to a degree. There's also Chaos Child in that it's share same universe as Chaos Head and Steins Gate, although it's not produced by Nitroplus though.

Edited by littleshogun

Here is a list of translated Nitroplus titles:

Phantom of Inferno (Translation is very old and from what I heard not very good.)

Kikokugai (Fantranslation)

Zanmataisei Demonbane (Official Release by JAST)

Saya no Uta (Official Release by JAST)

Hanachirasu (Official Release by JAST)

Dra†KoI (Fantranslation)

Kaigen Seito (Fantranslation)

Chaos;Head (Fantranslation and the extended Chaos;Head Noah version is being workd on)

Steins;Gate (Official Release by JAST)

SoniComi (Official Release by JAST)

Guilty Crown Lost Christmas (Fantranslation)

Phenomeno (Fantranslation)

Robotics;Notes (Official Release)

STEINS;GATE ELITE (Official Release)

Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi. (Official Release by JAST)

And then there is Nitro+Chiral the BL branch of Nitroplus:

Togainu no Chi (Official Release by JAST BLUE)

Lamento -Beyond the Void- (Fantranslation but an official release is planned by JAST BLUE)

Lamento Treasure Disc (Fantranslation)

Sweet Pool (Official Release by JAST BLUE)

DRAMAtical Murder (Fantranslation but an official release is planned by JAST BLUE)

That makes 20 translated titles by Nitroplus. As you can see Nitroplus is partnered with JAST who publish their games in english, so If you are looking for a specific title they should be first ones to ask. Unless it is a title of the Science Adventure series (Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate and so on) then it is likely out of their hands.

And besides the listed titles the following Nitroplus titles are getting a translation as we speak.

Zoku Satsuriku no Django -Jigoku no Shoukinkubi- (Official Release by JAST, but it is said that the title will take quite a while until it is released)

Sumaga (Official Release by JAST, but it is said that the title will take quite a while until it is released)

Chaos;Head Noah (Fantranslation in the works)

Lamento -Beyond the Void- and DRAMAtical Murder are confirmed to get offical releases by JAST BLUE.

Slow Damage (Official Release by JAST BLUE)

There is another title that is regularly rumored to get an release but since there is nothing official it is not going to get added to the lists above.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

On 11/9/2020 at 10:03 PM, littleshogun said:

There are surely many other Nitroplus VNs that was translated, and of course it's not just Steins Gate or Saya no Uta. Anyway other than numerous examples that Silvz mentioned there's also Chaos Head in that it's been fully translated and therefore it's available in English, although it's still not officially localized though because back then the team want to bring it to JAST only to be failed. About Kikokugai, remake version have some well-known VA voicing the characters with the exchange that the sex scenes are censored, although after I saw the CGs there's no much censoring other than the obvious one (You know what I mean). I talk about Kikokugai remake because it's also available in English as well, although the font is hard to read though because it's small. Lastly there's also SoniComi in that it tell the story about Nitroplus's mascot, although of course you shouldn't expect dark story from the VN itself.

PS - I'd just find out that Robotic Notes are also produced by Nitroplus as well along with it was just recently released, so it count to a degree. There's also Chaos Child in that it's share same universe as Chaos Head and Steins Gate, although it's not produced by Nitroplus though.

On 11/10/2020 at 12:15 AM, Formlose Gestalt said:

Here is a list of translated Nitroplus titles:

Phantom of Inferno (Translation is very old and from what I heard not very good.)

Kikokugai (Fantranslation)

Zanmataisei Demonbane (Official Release by JAST)

Saya no Uta (Official Release by JAST)

Hanachirasu (Official Release by JAST)

Dra†KoI (Fantranslation)

Kaigen Seito (Fantranslation)

Chaos;Head (Fantranslation and the extended Chaos;Head Noah version is being workd on)

Steins;Gate (Official Release by JAST)

SoniComi (Official Release by JAST)

Guilty Crown Lost Christmas (Fantranslation)

Phenomeno (Fantranslation)

Robotics;Notes (Official Release)

STEINS;GATE ELITE (Official Release)

Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi. (Official Release by JAST)

And then there is Nitro+Chiral the BL branch of Nitroplus:

Togainu no Chi (Official Release by JAST BLUE)

Lamento -Beyond the Void- (Fantranslation but an official release is planned by JAST BLUE)

Lamento Treasure Disc (Fantranslation)

Sweet Pool (Official Release by JAST BLUE)

DRAMAtical Murder (Fantranslation but an official release is planned by JAST BLUE)

That makes 20 translated titles by Nitroplus. As you can see Nitroplus is partnered with JAST who publish their games in english, so If you are looking for a specific title they should be first ones to ask. Unless it is a title of the Science Adventure series (Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate and so on) then it is likely out of their hands.

And besides the listed titles the following Nitroplus titles are getting a translation as we speak.

Zoku Satsuriku no Django -Jigoku no Shoukinkubi- (Official Release by JAST, but it is said that the title will take quite a while until it is released)

Sumaga (Official Release by JAST, but it is said that the title will take quite a while until it is released)

Chaos;Head Noah (Fantranslation in the works)

Lamento -Beyond the Void- and DRAMAtical Murder are confirmed to get offical releases by JAST BLUE.

Slow Damage (Official Release by JAST BLUE)

There is another title that is regularly rumored to get an release but since there is nothing official it is not going to get added to the lists above.

Ah, ok. I'm a little sad that games like Jingai Makyou and Vampirdzhija aren't translated yet but thanks for letting me know that there's some other novels that have been translated

Literally everything takes "quite a while" with jast. That "quite a while" might just be a "will take forever"". The good thing i guess is that if Jast announces something you can pretty much just shrug and expect it to never see the light of day.

Edited by Stormwolf

On 11/12/2020 at 12:13 PM, Stormwolf said:

Literally everything takes "quite a while" with jast. That "quite a while" might just be a "will take forever"". The good thing i guess is that if Jast announces domething you can pretty much just dhrug and expect it to never see the light of day.

There is nothing I can say against this since Sumaga and Django have been announced like 8 years ago or something absurd like that. But given that fact I think it is surprising that they recently confirmed to still intend to release both titles. Not that it excuses the ridiculous timeframe. My personal guess is that at least Django doesn't run on Win10 right now and they need Nitroplus to make a modern re-release for that like they did with Jingai Makyou. And JAST likely prioritized working on another Nitroplus title before those two since Nitroplus asked them to release their newer games first. (I at least remember JAST mentioning something along those lines at a panel.) They did that with Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi. that was announced and released while nothing happened on the Sumaga/Django front.

In any case JAST now aims to announce their licenses closer to release like their last game SaDistic BlooD that they announced two (?) weeks before the release. But their old backlog is going to haunt them for a while longer. At least Majikoi is supposed to release this year.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

I did hear that apparently they have severe lack of employee for the VN localization, so I guess it's understandable if they need some more time to organize their projects (Which to say quite a lot and not to mention it's the accumulation of their past announcements). Also if JAST decided to change the tactic to announce the license that was almost ready for the release, then I should say that it's the good change in that at least there should be less uncertainty when it come to JAST VNs. If anything else, at least JAST still willing to being active in VN localization industry and willing to improve, unlike Sol Press who easily give up after several releases and not to mention that they chose the old VNs that are basically less known (Sakusakura and Yotsunoha) as their first releases.

PS - I still would say that Kikokugai is a redundant though if JAST manage to release it, because we already have the remake of it released as well and doubly so if JAST decided to release the old version. 

Edited by littleshogun