Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is getting a translation!

Formlose Gestalt

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is getting an english release!

https://twitter.com/muvluvseries/status/1319927555806277632

Âge is holding an online event right now and this announcement is part of the event.

You can watch the event here:

As the title says the event is in Japanese but on this discord you can find an English interpretation.

Discord link: http:// https://discord.gg/E8UApXt

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien has been the most requested Age title in the last survey but I the runner ups are also interesting:

muvluvresults.png

The event is still ongoing so we can expect some more Muv-Luv news like news about the anime adaptation or maybe something to the Alternative sequel Muv-Luv Integrate.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

As for which version that will be translated, most likely it'll use the reboot version that age announced some times ago. No idea though on what kind of change that the reboot will bring, but the most obvious one would be adjust the writing so that it can fit Steam very strict censorship along with graphic and resolution. While granted that the sex scene removal is quite concerning, perhaps it might be for the best seeing that age was quite creative when they wrote one of sex scene with a side character. And by creative I mean quite disturbing, which say a lot seeing that Kiminozo here is not exactly the most lighthearted VN in the first place (Apparently the problem was fixed in console version). Anyway even though I said that it's quite dated, I would still interested to see this if only to finally see another original source of an old anime finally get localized.

Edited by littleshogun

9 hours ago, littleshogun said:

As for which version that will be translated, most likely it'll use the reboot version that age announced some times ago. No idea though on what kind of change that the reboot will bring, but the most obvious one would be adjust the writing so that it can fit Steam very strict censorship along with graphic and resolution. While granted that the sex scene removal is quite concerning, perhaps it might be for the best seeing that age was quite creative when they wrote one of sex scene with a side characters. And by creative I mean quite disturbing, which say a lot seeing that Kiminozo here is not exactly the most lighthearted VN in the first place (Apparently the problem was fixed in console version). Anyway even though I said that it's quite dated, I would still interested to see this if only to finally see another original source of an old anime finally get localized.

Could you explain in a spoiler was it this controversial sex scene?

On 10/31/2020 at 3:48 AM, TheMode911 said:

Could you explain in a spoiler was it this controversial sex scene?

About that it's from Nightmare Fuel of this VN at TV Trope. As for the scene, it involve Manami did kidnap and torture of Takayuki while dresses him up in girl clothes, sodomizes him, urinates on him, and forcing him to undergo gender reassignment surgeries. Granted that it's not as disturbed as euphoria or Maggot Baits, but for the warning it's there in the old version in case you're feeling disturbed with the content.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 months later...

If they're working on it now it will definitely be Latest Edition, which is what VNDB says as well. Given Age's development cycle for their AAA titles the Japanese release of Kiminozo Reboot is still a bare minimum of a year away, probably 2-3 considering how massive Latest Edition was.  That doesn't account for the 2 other fan disks of canon material that would probably be included as part of Reboot, plus anything new that ends up getting added. If it gets the same kind of treatment Kimi ga Ita Kisetsu did when it was remade a decade ago Reboot will be over 100 hours. 

Over time Kiminozo got this reputation for being this all-time amazingly great game, but it really isn't. I understand how it got that reputation; it did a lot of things that simply weren't done in 2001 and it put Age on the map as a major player. Unfortunately, when you jump into it 20 years later large portions of the game simply aren't fun. There are multiple 10+ hour stretches where nothing pleasant happens. We're talking about lows far lower than the lowest low of the anime. I went into more detail in a post a few years ago when I went through the whole game. Some of the things that are not good are more commonly known now, but if you've been waiting for years (or literally decades now that it's 20 years old) this isn't Age's first Muv-Luv Alternative-level achievement in the genre. It's like Muv-Luv Extra in the sense that there are some enjoyable parts, however the percentage of Extra that is fun is far greater than that percentage of Kiminozo. If you've seen the anime you've seen at least 80% of what is enjoyable over the 70+ hour experience. Add a save file for access to the H scenes and it might be around 90% of what is good. OTOH there is some good material that isn't in the TV series or OVAs. Much like Extra it's a lot better the second time once you know what to skip. TLDR temper expectations for the best experience.

As sanahtlig pointed out there is no reason to give the benefit of the doubt given the Muv-Luv releases thus far. With the amount of time it took for Muv-Luv Alternative to be released after Extra was completed, the size of its script and how much larger a new Kiminozo can reasonably be expected to be 2025 might be a conservative estimate for an English release of Reboot. I suppose it's possible that Latest will be released before the end of 2022 if they've already put all of their efforts into it, but they're welcome to shove my (well-earned) cynicism up my ass if they can.

Personally I thought they'd go for the low-hanging fruit of Kimi ga Nozomu Muv-Luv to get people hyped for Kiminozo, and I suppose they still could. Supposedly it's about 5 hours, but I can't confirm as I have yet to find a way to buy, beg, borrow or steal a copy (it's an Age fan club exclusive requiring residence in Japan to join, unless you happened to get one of the 110 or so copies of the Silver Edition or better Age Archives 20th Boxes which required residence in Japan to buy before they sold out in about 10 seconds).

Edited by EcchiOujisama

Curious what the reaction of people will be after reading this, I keep hearing that this was a legendary game but reviews I have read and spoilers tend to suggest otherwise. I'm particularly curious on the reaction on the really controversial and crazy parts of KimiNozo. Seriously, it looks like a good serious love triangle but viewing the spoiler tags seem to suggest that the novel is more insane than you think. I'll probably only read it after the translation

13 minutes ago, Larxe1 said:

Curious what the reaction of people will be after reading this, I keep hearing that this was a legendary game but reviews I have read and spoilers tend to suggest otherwise. I'm particularly curious on the reaction on the really controversial and crazy parts of KimiNozo. Seriously, it looks like a good serious love triangle but viewing the spoiler tags seem to suggest that the novel is more insane than you think. I'll probably only read it after the translation

Spoiler

Doesn't everyone know about the NTR part of the main girl? Just like Muv luv alternative. We did see it in the anime also.

Edited by Stormwolf

Just now, Stormwolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Doesn't everyone know about the NTR part of the main girl? Just like Muv luv alternative. We did see it in the anime also.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Thats the tame part, I'm referring to the insane yandere antics of the green haired girl who locks you up.

9 minutes ago, Larxe1 said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Thats the tame part, I'm referring to the insane yandere antics of the green haired girl who locks you up.

Spoiler

Totally depends on who you ask though. I personally wouldn't care too much about what an annoying side girl would do, but the main girl becomes another issue entirely. I'll probably read it though.

• 7 months later...