Kiryu Coco (桐生ココ)

Kiryu.Coco.full.2848554.png

Kiryu Coco (桐生ココ) is a female Japanese Virtual YouTuber associated with hololive, as part of its fourth generation of VTubers alongside Tsunomaki Watame, Tokoyami Towa, Amane Kanata and Himemori Luna.

Coco is an outspoken, irreverent individual who often employs crude humor, speech (using "ass" instead of "butt" or "shit" instead of "crap") and swearing, but she isn't as outright lewd as some members like Matsuri. She also enjoys teasing other members and most segments of her morning news show consists of teasing other hololive members over technical difficulties of failings on stream.

She often pushes the boundaries of what Vtubers can do on YouTube by using thumbnails of her flipping the bird or her questionable content. Despite that, Coco is probably one of the biggest hearted members of hololive. During a live stream of The Raft with Aqua, Aqua shared her feelings about how difficult the life of a virtual Idol could be and Coco gave some truly kind words of encouragement that nearly brought Aqua to tears.

She's also playful and fun-loving. She started the hololive "ARK Addiction" because she wanted them all to play the game together (going as far as to buy Roboco her copy of ARK: Aberration when she discovered that she'd purchased ARK: Extinction instead) and usually comes to the aid of the other players when the experience technical problems. This is further showed by the fact that, unlike the Nijisanji ARK server, which is PvP, Coco's is PvE. She proposed the construction of a 'hololive house' for all the hololive streamers to live together and help take care of each other.

Coco loves the Yakuza video game series and streams it often. Her love for Yakuza goes as far that she is called "Kaichou/ 会長" (chairman), which is a title associated with the yakuza and shared by her favorite character, Kazuma Kiryu.

She currently have 744 000 subscribers

:youtube::wiki:

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure people are sick of me posting the weird and/or gross v-tuber clips already, but just to make it clear, the main fun I have from peeking into the Japanese side of Hololive is the way it plain shits in the face of the over-sanitized idol culture the company was originally meant to represent.

I mean, the company itself and the culture around it still retains some of its deeply-questionable parts, like making the talents completely reliant on Hololive's IP and fans being at times a toxic mob (like bullying one of the girls into retiring after she had a minor fuckup around her debut)... But the way the content and the streamers' personas immediately spiralled out of control, while the company's founder was spewing nonsense about wanting to make it a "virtual AKB48" is glorious.

Also one of the girls from the initial lineup promised to whore herself to someone for high-quality streaming equipment she used to win the audition (she got discovered and fired before debuing I think) and the company penalized Coco and Haachama for mentioning their Taiwanese fans existing, but hey, the whole company got thrown out of the Chinese market anyway, so the problem of them sucking up to the Chinese government resolved itself permanently. ^^

I really don't like Japanese media corporations...

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

@Plk_Lesiak dont worry. ive been tempted to post way more then you have :sip:

can just put up a spam warning for a week as i did when i made the subforum if you feel l ike making any.

and yea.. many questionable parts.  with many of the studios. thats why many try without studio. just that being hololive auto gives you 400k subs pretty much.. so yea just being part of the brand itself.not like they get any of the donations and stuff anyway. lol

4 hours ago, Emi said:

not like they get any of the donations and stuff anyway. lol

Well, the rumours say they get like a quarter of the subscription/superchat money, which considering the value of being in the platform and the technical support they get is somewhat reasonable. At least for something like Hololive, where even with them kind of overdoing the rate of introducing new talents, the fanbase is massive and growing rapidly enough to sustain it all. I can just imagine the hell happening in the background of some smaller groups though...

And indies, eh... It's scary to even look at how the bubble is growing this year. I can't imagine many of the people starting nowadays going anywhere without a brand, unless they just do it for fun in their free time and don't expect real profits. And even the main companies are definitely testing the limits, with this philosophy of constantly introducing new faces, while there's only that much content people can reasonably consume and that much SIMPing money to go around... But I guess streaming in general went through something similar and didn't implode upon itself completely, so maybe my anxiety is unjustified?

4 hours ago, Emi said:

can just put up a spam warning for a week as i did when i made the subforum if you feel l ike making any.

Wait, how that works? :o It would be useful, I want to at least add Pikamee and some other VShojo streamers, but the whole Hololive Indonesia is also pretty relevant for the English audience, as they all stream in English regularly...

3 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Well, the rumours say they get like a quarter of the subscription/superchat money, which considering the value of being in the platform and the technical support they get is somewhat reasonable. At least for something like Hololive, where even with them kind of overdoing the rate of introducing new talents, the fanbase is massive and growing rapidly enough to sustain it all. I can just imagine the hell happening in the background of some smaller groups though...

Superchat rate for Hololive is 30% for youtube, 30% for cover, 40% for talent.

10 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Wait, how that works? :o It would be useful, I want to at least add Pikamee and some other VShojo streamers, but the whole Hololive Indonesia is also pretty relevant for the English audience, as they all stream in English regularly...

had announcement saved in modcp. modcp - announcements. made it active :wahaha: