My Sweet Roomies (Honeys! I'm home, Tadaima! Uchi Kanojo~, ただいまっ!うちカノジョ~) Fan Remake

HTCaveman

First off, sorry if I shouldn't post this here. I don't know where else to post it, as I do need help.

Hi, I'm looking to remake My Sweet Roomies (alternate names in the title) for PC. Ambitous as hell because I don't know anything about programming. It shut down almost exactly 1 year ago, leaving lovers of the game unable to play.

I am in the early stages of gathering the sprites, though it's just me and a few others screenshotting them from Youtube then upscaling and cleaning them. I'm wanting to remake it as either a standard visual novel (With choices and whatnot) or remake it near exactly as it was without any payments. Completely free to play and no IAP. One of the members says he has some money in the bank and is willing to commission some H-Scenes to put in the novel, but I don't know how that'd turn out.

Does anyone have any of the assets from either the English or Japanese version? Having the Japanese voices would be a good thing if I had them, it's hard for me to play visual novels without voices and I'm sure I'm not alone. Also having the sprites, backgrounds, CG, and BGM would erase a major hurdle. I'd nab the voices from Youtube videos myself, but grabbing 20+ hours of voicelines will be a major pain, especially when there's music playing alongside them.

If you wanna help out or just want to spectate, you can check out our discord and subreddit below:

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/AWeUk2N

Subreddit: MySweetRoomiesRebirthhttps://www.reddit.com/r/MySweetRoomiesRebirth

Progress:

Spoiler

SF4jn0n.png

I'm trying to dig around in the APK and I can find some assets but the sprites specifically are not forthcoming.

EDIT: When uncompressed the whole app is only 50 MB, and there is nothing that looks like a VN resource file that I can find. I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that the app itself doesn't have any of the sprites or voicelines in it. Maybe that content was streamed in realtime which is why the app won't run anymore?

Edited by tahu157

10 hours ago, tahu157 said:

I'm trying to dig around in the APK and I can find some assets but the sprites specifically are not forthcoming.

EDIT: When uncompressed the whole app is only 50 MB, and there is nothing that looks like a VN resource file that I can find. I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that the app itself doesn't have any of the sprites or voicelines in it. Maybe that content was streamed in realtime which is why the app won't run anymore?

Probably apk just a launcher that download all assets after starting the game. You need someone who played that game and have those downloaded files.

On 10/20/2020 at 6:18 PM, tahu157 said:

Probably. I was hoping it was one of those games where you download it from a server. The only assets I found in the APK were stuff like the opening movie, some BGM, and sound effects sadly. But, atleast I'm making progress regarding the sprites and manually editing them from videos.

On 10/21/2020 at 5:06 PM, tahu157 said:

That's probably it yeah. OP do you have a device that has the VN installed, and at one point could play the game? Idk what it takes to dump an app from an Android device but you may be able to rip the assets yourself.

I've already tried, which is why I posted here.

Completely forgot about this post, so sorry for the late response.