How to extract scripts from games that uses WillPlus/ADVHD

There is a method posted on the Script Extraction Thread about how to extract scripts from games that uses the WillPlus/ADVHD engine. However I was wondering if anyone knew how to use the tools listed there properly to extract scripts from games that uses the ADVHD engine. If anyone knows or could post a short guide on how to use them, that'll be much appreciated. I was trying to figure out on how to use the tools provided under the WillPlus/ADVHD section in Script Extraction Thread forum, but I haven't been able to use it properly yet. 

Note: The method does state that "you need to compile it first, doesnt matter how you handle the text, ADVHD engine will read them in Japanese (S-JIS)". So I was wondering on how to use the tools to compile them or use them so I can extract the scripts.

Edited by LuminaryToTheTop
Additional information

12 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

For what VN?

Extracting the script and editing it is the easy part. What's not so easy is that when you recompile them back, it can break the game after the game's OP (there are some technical issues why that happens). This is true for all AdvHD VNs.

I was going to use DeepL with some common sense of fixing english sentences and play it that way for myself personally is why I asked about it. Generally games from Guilty is what I'm looking to edit the text and such. If I had to chose one to be an example: https://vndb.org/v28268

Edited by LuminaryToTheTop

5 hours ago, LuminaryToTheTop said:

I was going to use DeepL with some common sense of fixing english sentences and play it that way for myself personally is why I asked about it. Generally games from Guilty is what I'm looking to edit the text and such. If I had to chose one to be an example: https://vndb.org/v28268

I recall extracting the script from https://vndb.org/v25719 back earlier, but I can't remember if I managed to make the game not break after script reinsertion. In any case, I can send you the tool I used for it, but no promises it's going to work for you. AdvHD can be a bit of a pain in the ass sometimes.

Btw, did you try VNR's built-in MTL feature? I see you mentioned DeepL, but I think there's a way to make that work with VNR, and even make the text display right inside the game's textbox. At least I recall seeing it being done by some people.

1 hour ago, Infernoplex said:

I recall extracting the script from https://vndb.org/v25719 back earlier, but I can't remember if I managed to make the game not break after script reinsertion. In any case, I can send you the tool I used for it, but no promises it's going to work for you. AdvHD can be a bit of a pain in the ass sometimes.

Btw, did you try VNR's built-in MTL feature? I see you mentioned DeepL, but I think there's a way to make that work with VNR, and even make the text display right inside the game's textbox. At least I recall seeing it being done by some people.

If you could send the tool you used before, that'll be appreciated. I have used VNR before with their built-in MTL feature (The one where you have a box and it would MTL translate inside the box depending on where you want to put it in the game screen). I have heard some people doing DeepL with VNR but I haven't seen such method being posted at all or any guide to it.

2 minutes ago, LuminaryToTheTop said:

I have heard some people doing DeepL with VNR but I haven't seen such method being posted at all or any guide to it.

Someone must know. Did you try asking in VNR's discord server? I really remember seeing some people showing screens of it and claiming it's from DeepL. It's probably legit, unless it was all bullshit.

4 minutes ago, LuminaryToTheTop said:

If you could send the tool you used before, that'll be appreciated.

I'll PM it to you in a sec.

4 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Someone must know. Did you try asking in VNR's discord server? I really remember seeing some people showing screens of it and claiming it's from DeepL. It's probably legit, unless it was all bullshit.

I'll PM it to you in a sec.

I haven't been able to find the VNR discord server since I didn't really see a need to join it, I will if I can find the invite code and thank you for helping me out.

• 1 year later...
On 10/21/2020 at 11:31 AM, Infernoplex said:

Hi, I have the same need, so, if it doesn't bother you, could you send it to me as well?

Nvm, solved

Edited by AlucardNoYuuutsu