Akai Haato (赤井はあと)

hololive31.jpg

Akai Haato (赤井はあと) is a female Japanese Virtual YouTuber associated with hololive, as part of its first generation of VTubers alongside Yozora Mel, Aki Rosenthal, Natsuiro Matsuri, and Shirakami Fubuki.

Haato appears to be a classic tsundere who teases her fans by calling them kimo ota (creepy otaku), among other things. However, she does nothing to discourage creepy behaviors, and frequently does weird, creepy things herself; for example, using cropped NSFW fanart for video thumbnails, sniffing her own feet, and decorating her home in Animal Crossing: New Horizons with lewd drawings of herself and Tsunomaki Watame. Though Haato compares her fans to pigs, she seems perfectly content to (metaphorically) splash in the mud right next to them. Her sense of humor is extremely deranged even by hololive's standards. She often publishes short, random clips that make little sense even to Japanese listeners, and has a series of cooking videos in which she commits atrocities such as boiling beef in a mixture of Mentos and cola, or melting marshmallows over sliced ham.

When playing video games, Haato has considerably more confidence than actual skill, which usually ends up biting her in the back. She is infamous for her ear-splitting scream, and often releases these screams even when not playing horror games. Fans refer to these brutal screams as "Haato's blessings."

She used to greet her viewers with "Oha-rouge", but now prefers to use "Haachama-chama".

She currently have 644 000 subscribers

:youtube::wiki:

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2020 at 11:17 PM, Emi said:

using cropped NSFW fanart for video thumbnails

Whaaaa...t :rimu:

sniffing her own feet

Huuhhh :leecher:

decorating her home in Animal Crossing: New Horizons with lewd drawings of herself and Tsunomaki Watame

the helll ! :nokia:

P.S:

giphy.gif

BTW, Haachama is seriously pushing towards learning proper English and doing English streams regularly.

She was meming for the last two months by doing English content occasionally and tagging it #HololiveEN, and also playing on the English hololive Minecraft server, but I think the management told her to cut it out. However, while she dropped the tag, she said she'll double down on doing English streams... She's just finishing high school and it must take extreme effort from her to learn the language and put out these amounts of both JP and EN content. She's a walking meme, but she's also kind of amazing – now doing a karaoke marathon ultil she hits 800k subscribers – and she's like 3k away from it, so I encourage everyone to subscribe to her before she passes out. 😛

Edited by Plk_Lesiak
1 hour ago, droganpc said:

A High School Idol whhhaat ... 

Lol, yeah... She's from the first generation of Hololive JP and I think the initial lineup were all pretty young girls, although their exact age is usually undisclosed. The founder of the company wanted it to be essentially a virtual idol agency. And Haachama, while definitely among the youngest memebrs, was probably a major factor in the whole project evolving in a... Drastically different direction. :D

I'm just glad the management allowed the talents to evolve their brands the way they saw fit. They sometimes intervene, like I think they did with the #HololiveEN debacle and whenever a genuine controversy pops up, but they allow Haachama to do insane content such as an h-fanart contest and all the cursed cooking videos... Which is amazingly lax for a Japanese company.

...I just hope she doesn't burn herself out with the insanely ambitious goals she set for herself. With what she announced it looks like she wants to do 10+ streams a week and reach 1 mln subscribers before new year... Which might be even more bonkers the content of her streams. 😛

Edited by Plk_Lesiak
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/20/2020 at 4:36 AM, Plk_Lesiak said:

Oh, hey, Haachama's back from her break, I wonder what she's up to?

Yes, everything's back to normal. ^_^

God I watched that stream live. 
I overestimated my level and thought I could get through it, but I just lost it when she split the spider's body in half. 
To think that she actually ate it.:bow:

The worst part is that there were crabs to eat the next day, which constantly reminded me of the damn tarantula.