CLOSED - Need help with some Atelier Kaguya saves (not completion states)

AsGryffynn

So, as part of a translation project (thread on that soon) I’ve run into a minor snag that means I find myself in the need of four save files for the games: 

1. Enjoy ~Futari no Ecchi na Joi to Eroero Kenshuu Taiken~ (Terminated. An script has been developed from the save files provided and found to be applicable to all other games)
2. Amayakashi na Kanojo  (See above)

3. Onee-san x Shuffle!  (concluded. Save files needed provided by @Infernoplex)
4. Kajuu 100%   (See #!)

Now, to be clear... Seiya Saiga will not work because those saves are “Save States” instead of actual Save Files (the ones you load into a game scene that is not accessible through the gallery). What I need, if any are able to provide, are game saves (Atelier Kaguya games will register them as “Save001” or so in the game directory’s “Save” folder. They will be .dat files and be followed by a bitmap screencap). 

Specifically, if anyone here has the game on their computer, it’d be nice if they could upload the saved files or even their Save directory and distribute it through Box or Mediafire or even MEGA. If willing, I would also request specific Saves fo each game: 

1. Enjoy: a save state after the bus collision. 
2. Amayakashi a save state after the first H-scene involving the blonde heroine. 
3. A save after at least every heroine’s route has been chosen at least once each. 
4. A save after all heroines have had their first H-scene. 

I know this is probably way more work than many believe worthwhile. I still felt the need to ask, just in case someone happened to have the games installed and was willing to auto skip through most of a new game to the needed points or already had played the game and had some Saves handy. 

I mostly need it to test whether saves will be read by the base engine unless they originated in the same directory. While ENV or “Secret” files seem able to be moved around, I need to double check these as I have found more than a few files are directory dependent. 

Thanks to whomever may help. 

Edited by AsGryffynn

12 hours ago, AsGryffynn said:

So, as part of a translation project (thread on that soon) I’ve run into a minor snag that means I find myself in the need of four save files for the games: 

1. Enjoy ~Futari no Ecchi na Joi to Eroero Kenshuu Taiken~ 
2. Amayakashi na Kanojo 

3. Onee-san x Shuffle!
4. Kajuu 100%  

Not one, not two... but four projects? WTF? Is this intended to be a translation by human, or machine? Or edited machine TL? Because I've never seen a fanproject TLer ambitiously trying to pick up 4 VNs at once.

On 10/18/2020 at 7:47 AM, Infernoplex said:

Not one, not two... but four projects? WTF? Is this intended to be a translation by human, or machine? Or edited machine TL? Because I've never seen a fanproject TLer ambitiously trying to pick up 4 VNs at once.

Human... and it’s actually a port. However, the projects are not taking place concurrently. In fact, two of these won’t be started UNTIL the first two are done. 

However, since I found major variations in not only the assets, but also the engine structure, I need to run a test of them first. I can run a test on all four since my part is the technical bit (I have two translators and an editor on tap). 

Since the engine is virulently resistant to messing up with files whose size doesn’t add up, I need a hand with this minor test. Save data seems to be encoded, but I want to see if there are exceptions with the file format. 

As I already mentioned, any help is welcome... but don’t expect results until Holidays. 

3 and 4 are the first. Of these, Four will get translated first. I already tested one game from their Bare & Bunny imprint. That engine’s fairly amenable to modding. Others... not so much, so they are getting moved to Unity-Yarn. 

Edited by AsGryffynn

I see. Interesting. Looks quite ambitious. But you have my good luck wishes. It's about time someone translated an Atelier Kaguya VN.

Btw, you may want to keep it under wraps before release. From what I gather now, it seems you're porting the entire VNs to Unity. It won't be like a fanpatch release, but a whole game once you're done. I'm not sure if the dev would care about it (they certainly don't seem interested in the western market), but better be safe than sorry.

On 10/23/2020 at 11:37 PM, Infernoplex said:

I see. Interesting. Looks quite ambitious. But you have my good luck wishes. It's about time someone translated an Atelier Kaguya VN.

Btw, you may want to keep it under wraps before release. From what I gather now, it seems you're porting the entire VNs to Unity. It won't be like a fanpatch release, but a whole game once you're done. I'm not sure if the dev would care about it (they certainly don't seem interested in the western market), but better be safe than sorry.

I’m going to try and find a way to tie some of the files from an official install to the installer to “require” the official version, which is part of the reason I’m requesting this oddball help. 

3 minutes ago, AsGryffynn said:

I’m going to try and find a way to tie some of the files from an official install to the installer to “require” the official version, which is part of the reason I’m requesting this oddball help. 

Oh, I see... That's a good approach, I think. Though it's going to be lots of tech work, I suppose.

Oh yeah, sorry, my bad. I didn't answer your original request. I'd help with the savedata stuff, but sadly, I'm busy with something right now, so can't find the time to make those save states you need. I'd need to grab the VNs too, which I don't have either.