Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Plk_Lesiak

English V-tuber recommendations (or ones with consistent subs)?

So, are there any English-speaking V-tubers you guys find entertaining? I kind of fell out of the whole V-tuber thing early on, as I never got into Kizuna AI and the one V-tuber I actually liked stopped getting English subs. I know some people are actually crazy enough to watch v-tubers without understanding anything, but I have that covered through listening obsessively to Japanese music, so I'd rather keep my YouTube experience legible. '^^

Gawr Gura is popular atm and good singer. 

theres many. also many channels do hard subs of them. just search vtube eng sub and you will find many channels doing it. 

(im still figuring out stuff on here adding tags and shit for when i start adding threads for vtubers. )

Much like yourself, I was interested in Kizuna Ai initially and then quickly fell out of it, not coming back due to the general lack of subs. I found out, however, that there were many nationalities of people doing this sort of thing. Still, too many random ones out there, couldn't really be bothered to venture anywhere.

However, last month, during a period of time that I happened to be free, a bunch of people I followed on various social media went up in arms about the "debut" of a bunch of English-speaking V-tubers for Hololive (some sort of mainly Japanese group for V-tubers?). Well, I tuned in, saw some crazy stuff, now I just mostly tune in when it happens to be convenient or I need background noise.

It seems I particularly enjoy the contrast between the character they each are attempting to portray and their moments when they slip up or can't be bothered to keep up the character at the time (rage, tired, too casual, too much fun, etc).

So my recommendations are, beyond the previously mentioned Gawr Gura, Amelia Watson or any of the other 3 members (which you can easily find if you stumble upon the channels or videos of any of the members, as they link to one another). I'd frankly just watch the content of any that you think you'd be interested in.

I believe the "v-tuber hole" everyone speaks of is when you start to become knowledgeable of previous events that get referenced, or memes, or new made up setting details that become inside jokes.

Besides the five Hololive English Vtubers (Mori Calliope, Ninomae Ina'nis, Takanashi KiaraWatson Amelia and Gawr Gura ) there is Pikamee Amano that reguarly speaks English that I know of.

9 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I believe the "v-tuber hole" everyone speaks of is when you start to become knowledgeable of previous events that get referenced, or memes, or new made up setting details that become inside jokes.

I thought that refers to huge amount of time spend/wasted if you try to keep up to date and watch the streams of one Vtuber or a group of Vtubers.

6 hours ago, Zalor said:

Nyaners takes me way back. I remember her well before she ever did the whole V-tuber thing. Her review of KissxPiss KissxSis was... something:

Wow, she got her style figured out really early on it seems. :D

Well, so far my main takeaway from this thread is that her stream highlights are pretty great. I have to dive a bit deeper into the Hololive ones though. Thank you all for recommendations! :)

I think this topic deserves a bit of elaboration, because as I was fighting with the 20-years-old layers of junk in my house I was running tons of v-tuber content in the background. I earned a lot of appreciation for the whole Hololive EN crew (and Pikamee is also pretty great), but also got a better look at the indie EN streamers...

Those are really a weird bunch, but one that stood out to me is definitely Ironmouse. Not only because I always found her pretty entertaining, but she also has an incredibly heart-wrenching backstory that really showed the whole v-tubing thing in a different perspective for me. Ekhm, I don't know what to write even, but if you ever want to support a v-tuber, give that girl a consideration. That she's even able to what what she does and project that kind of energy in her streams is pretty amazing.

Also, it's not really my jam, but I kind of feel it's fair to mention Veibae in relation to Stormwolf's thread. She's probably the best out of the "NSFW" English v-tubers, mostly relying on (really) foul banter with her chat than cheap anime "sexiness" like Projekt Melody. Also she has a good microphone (really, that's not a guarantee, even Hololive EN's Kiara had an awful setup at first) and does not sound like she's about to pass out from boredom, so... Good stuff? I would probably watch her stuff if Hololive wasn't a thing. 😛