Need help with extracting scripts from the Innocent Grey Engine.

PyroCyan

I tried using the tools that were linked in the megathread (https://github.com/lennylxx/IG_tools), but there are no releases, so there's nothing useful for me to download. I could download the mastercode, but I have no idea how that works because I have no knowledge regarding that. 

The VN in question is https://vndb.org/v916 and it would be great if anyone could help me figure out to extract the script files properly. Also, I tried using GARbro, but I can't open the script files in any meaningful way.

Thanks in advance! 

Looking at the repository it seems to just be a couple of C++ files to compile depending on what you need to do. That's not hard to do, you just gotta have a good compiler installed:

Are you familiar with using command line programs? If not, @ me once you've got the programs compiled and I'll help you through it.

6 hours ago, PyroCyan said:

Sorry for the late reply. I managed to compile the the .cpp files, but I can't seem to do anything with the .exe files given. I tried opening them by themselves and opening them with the script files, but nothing seems to happen. 

These are command line programs so double-clicking them doesn't do anything and they don't have any kind of interface really. Getting them to run is actually very similar to compiling the C++ files like you've already done.

By default when you compile something like this the output is called "a.exe" so if you haven't already you probably want to rename the exe to something more descriptive. Probably the same name as the C++ file, so igscript.exe or whatever. Grab a copy of the VN's script file, and drop it into the same folder as the exe. Then in command prompt use the 'cd' command to navigate to that folder like you did when following the video. Once command prompt is pointed at the right folder, you just need to type in the name of the exe file, as well as the necessary arguments. If you don't know what the necessary arguments are, just type in the name of the exe with nothing else:

igscript.exe

Virtually any command line program will give you instructions on how to use it if you just type in its name. In this case igscript.exe gives us these instructions:

usage:  Parsing  Mode: a.exe -p input.s output.txt
        Creation Mode: a.exe -c input.s input.txt output.s

Note: When dealing with "CureGirl" and "Furifure 2", add an
        opt tag '-x' like this: a.exe -x -p input.s output.txt

You want to decode the script file, so you only need to look at that very first line. It says your command needs four things:

- the name of the exe file. igscript.exe if that's what you decided to rename it to.

- the -p argument to specify that you want to parse a script file

- the name of the script. I don't know what the name of the script file is, but you should type it exactly as it is written in the folder including the extension, which appears to be .s

- the name of the output file. This can probably be whatever you want. It doesn't need to be 'output.txt' but that's as good a name as any.

All together you command will look something like this:

igscript.exe -p nameOfScript.s output.txt

If it works, you should get a txt file named output, or whatever else you decided to call it. Let me know if you have any questions.

• 1 year later...
On 10/17/2020 at 5:14 AM, PyroCyan said:

Alright, after tinkering around, I managed to get everything working. I have the scripts as .txt files now. Thanks! 

Hello, can I ask you to explain the process?

I have the *.s files from the script.iga archive, the igscript.exe tool itself, and the parseall.bat - all in the same folder. The parseall.bat seems to work as intended, but its final output is just a bunch of blank *.txt files. The result is completely identical when I try do to it manually file-by-file via your bog-standard Windows CMD utility (e.g.: e:\igtools\igscript.exe -p e:\igtools\01.s e:\igtools\01.txt) - I simply get an empty zero-byte *.txt.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by icipher

• 3 months later...
On 2/23/2022 at 4:01 AM, icipher said:

Hello, can I ask you to explain the process?

I have the *.s files from the script.iga archive, the igscript.exe tool itself, and the parseall.bat - all in the same folder. The parseall.bat seems to work as intended, but its final output is just a bunch of blank *.txt files. The result is completely identical when I try do to it manually file-by-file via your bog-standard Windows CMD utility (e.g.: e:\igtools\igscript.exe -p e:\igtools\01.s e:\igtools\01.txt) - I simply get an empty zero-byte *.txt.

Thank you in advance.

Hey, came across the same issue, seems like to solve it you need to add -x before the -p. With this I get text output in those .txt files now (testing on Flowers volume Hiver), but the text generated is a bit mangled with random characters in the middle (although still readable!).