Will there be a Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm - EXTRA3

vnboi

Just finished Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm and saw they are releasing the English subtitled version of EXTRA1 soon. I also read online that they are still making EXTRA2, so I was wondering when they finish it will they make EXTRA3. Hopefully if EXTRA3 comes out it will be Asuka (I wished she was EXTRA2 but I guess it's ok). Does anyone know if they will continue or are they going to stop, I read that they were actually going to stop making more but they decided to continue but abandon Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Zwei (which sounds cool). If they do stop then I am going to be depressed. Please tell me your guys' opinions.

I don't think they explicitly mentioned they are not making Aokana Zwei. After the resounding success of the English release version, it would be kinda stupid to revive only to create one new visual novel. EXTRA 3 has not been announced, so its likely they will skip straight to Zwei. I think they are waiting to see the sales of EXTRA 2 to see whether there are enough sales to warrant creating another full price sequel to Aokana.  

Edited by LAsuka

I read online that when they revived, they decided to cancel Zwei and only make EXTRA 2. Also if it does come out, what kind of game do you think Zwei is going to be since if they are making entire games for the after stories then Zwei can't just have all the after stories in it. The only thing I can think of is maybe adding new heroines but that's it.

About Zwei, there's some talk that they'll add Saki's route seeing that she's added in promotional materials. Other than Saki, they'll probably add some other heroines route like Satouin or Madoka although at this point it's only speculation though. Other content that I can think could be good addition for Zwei would be more FC match with Masaya as the player, but if the writer prefer to use trainer POV just like most of the match so that we can watch the match then oh well (I also suspect that the staffs may prefer to depict the female do the sport, seeing that most of the athletes are female).

For the thread question, it depend on how much money that sprite have to hire the VA along with the artist in order to work on the technical stuffs. Of course seeing that some of the VA are well known and it'll be boring if we only see the story with heroines, I assume that the writer will have the hard time to juggle between the budget and the lines that the supporting characters need to be spoken. By the way all of those are only happen with the assumption that EXTRA 2 is successful, and considering that they just barely revived thanks to overseas sales (So-called) I think the chance may be zero as of now. So in short, don't expect that sprite will create EXTRA 3 especially when they just revived so obviously their current budget might be too small, although if they want to make it in the future then go ahead.

Edited by littleshogun

13 hours ago, vnboi said:

I read online that when they revived, they decided to cancel Zwei and only make EXTRA 2. Also if it does come out, what kind of game do you think Zwei is going to be since if they are making entire games for the after stories then Zwei can't just have all the after stories in it. The only thing I can think of is maybe adding new heroines but that's it.

When they closed down they cancelled Extra 2 and Zwei. After opening up again they announced they were taking up Extra 2 again, no word on Zwei yet.

The only "info" released on Zwei that I know of is the old announcement image:

Spoiler

b3yk1ps9ua141.jpg?width=1079&format=pjpg

Yeah it's Misaki's fandisc, and she's very popular looking from how much the vote from the poll in here and VNDB are mostly on her when it come to best heroine polls. I don't know how much exactly her popularity in Japan, although looking from the fandisc I guess that Japanese mostly prefer Mashiro first following with Misaki (I assume that based on the fact that sprite did develop the FD for Mashiro first).

Edited by littleshogun

Yeah I heard there were many people who loved Mashiro's route. Personally I like Asuka's route just because I felt it was the one that felt the most like a true ending, everyone was the happiest at the end, and I just like Asuka as a character. I am interested in Misaki's route but only because it's the only route where Masaya makes a comeback, so I would like to see him play and maybe destroy everyone. During Misaki's route I felt it was the most sad one since you basically reject everyone else, so I don't have that high of an opinion of it. Still I am excited for EXTRA 2 to come out and really hope they make an EXTRA 3 about Asuka or make Zwei (really want to have a Saki route).

On 10/8/2020 at 8:28 AM, littleshogun said:

Yeah it's Misaki's fandisc, and she's very popular looking from how much the vote from the poll in here and VNDB are mostly on her when it come to best heroine polls. I don't know how much exactly her popularity in Japan, although looking from the fandisc I guess that Japanese mostly prefer Mashiro first following with Misaki (I assume that based on the fact that sprite did develop the FD for Mashiro first).

actually it was Misaki who won the poll but they only made some additional scenes for her inserted into the route, because of that they decided to start with Mashiro who was 2nd on the poll to be the first FD then followed by Misaki.

On 10/12/2020 at 4:05 AM, UnHolyFiretruck said:

actually it was Misaki who won the poll but they only made some additional scenes for her inserted into the route, because of that they decided to start with Mashiro who was 2nd on the poll to be the first FD then followed by Misaki.

Is that so? If that's the case then I guess Japanese and overseas are not so different when it come to their preference of Aokana's heroines (Misaki first and Mashiro second). I did speculate that Mashiro might be more popular than Misaki in Japan because I think that it might be the same case when both of Japanese and overseas think differently in regard of Umineko EP 8 (Twilight of the Golden Witch), but turn out that I was mistaken. Another reason that I was thinking like that was because they develop Mashiro's fandisc first and usually the company would cater for majority or in this case Mashiro's fans, only to be mistaken again. So my bad in regard of that. Anyway, no much to say other than good luck to sprite in regard of developing Misaki's FD I suppose.