Looking for a VN with a lot of (impactful) choices and many routes

Eden

Hello!

I'm coming to you because I'm looking for a VN with a lot of choices and possible routes, no matter the genre. For example, I like School Days just because you have a lot of possibilities, and you can easily see the impact of your choices.

In a lot of VN, you have many choices but they don't impact the routes you get. You just have important choices to make during key moments, but you only have a few of them, often after playing several hours. So would you know some VN with more impactful choices, even if it's shorter orverall? My Japanese isn't good enough to play it in Japanese, so it would be in English.

Thanks!

Key VNs generally have quite a lot of choices that generally matter to some extent. The best example would be Clannad. Though you will probably need a walkthrough to play it, since the choice system is just too complex, so getting some specific routes may be troublesome.

Otome game Steam Prison has a pretty interesting route system and quite a lot of endings. Though, in this case, not that many of the individual choices matter, but they affect affection counter with the characters, and which ending you get is decided by how much affection the target character has (there are exceptions though).

Not what you ask for, but I'm also going to mention Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi. as a VN you may be interested in. It's very linear and, in a sense, only has a single route, but the choice system in it is very unique, for a lack of a better word. :)

While not the average weeb's first choice, I can't not recommend Shibuya Scramble.

The game works in chapters and more or less you play 5 routes (with different protagonists) at the same time, where your goal is to make everyone reach the chapter's end alive and well. One MC's choice may very well ruin things for another (or for all of them) so even choices that seem useless at first can lead to some... meme interesting endings. And this game have around 80 bad ends iirc, so if ending hunting is your jam, this game is a delight.

I know it sounds a bit confusing and it kinda is at first but it's a ridiculously fun game. It does have a flowchart and a hint corner in-game to help too.

Edited by MaggieROBOT

anything from Key, specially Clannad and Little Busters. If you like something darker, you could play Swan Song and Kara no Shoujo. The first has some very nice consequences to some unusual but impactful choices, and KnS actually leaves you powerless, but it's great nonetheless.

Littlewitch Romanesque:  It's about raising two witch apprentices, it has many routes and how you trained you're 2 apprentices greatly affects their future whether they fail in life or succeed... That's Impactful enough I suppose...

Ever17 -The Out of Infinity- Well... This VN is popular for a reason. why don't you go check it out!