Fall 2020 Anime Discussion

littleshogun

Perhaps I should try to start an anime discussion board for Fall here, even though there's no Fall season in Indonesia here. Anyway as for Fall here there's quite a number of anime that have female MC, so it might be interesting if you want to watch the anime with female MC. So far I only watch Rail Romanesque though, in that it might be more than possible that it's the promotion movie for Last Run later, seeing that it didn't put focus on Hachiroku and Reina much (They became the legend instead). I don't know though what I'll watch next later, but Majo no Tabitabi looks interesting. Anyway have fun in regard of discussing the fall anime here.

Edited by littleshogun

Right now, the only thing I'm currently watching is Kami-sama ni Natta Hi (The Day I Became a God). If anyone has any strong recommendations, that would be great.

It's only 4 episodes in but I'm loving it so far seeing the typical Key formula. And as usual, Jun Maeda (the sadistic genius who loves seeing our tears) is making me tear-up with his compositions. Definitely getting the OST for this when it comes out. I'm actually hoping that this might turn into a VN someday. I actually think Izanami might be in my top 1-3 favorite female characters design-wise (Na-Ga really stepped it up with the artwork).

Spoiler

I'd love to see Youta get together with Izanami :) Here's hoping XD  (Also in general, I do favor protagonists getting together with deredere or kuudere childhood friends).  Although it looks like he might end up with Hina cause main female protagonist 😐 Izanami seems like she might like Youta but just rejected him out of misunderstanding or due to certain reasons (like maybe she knows the world will end and she just doesn't want to be attached to anyone in fear of losing them later).

Also considering Mahouka (for continuity purposes) and Tonikaku Kawaii (I read the manga) and Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko (seems like a decent isekai).
Majo no Tabitabi seems to be doing well based on the charts (at #3) so I'm highly considering that too. 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatte Iru is something I'm considering also but depends if I have time.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering Fuwa is a VN forum first I'm very surprised there isn't more people talking about the new Higurashi anime

Spoiler

Especially since it's actually a direct sequel to Higurashi and maybe a prequel/origin story to Umineko's Bernkastelinb4 prequel to Ciconia too

Anyway, 6 episodes in and it's pretty good. Art style changing from the original may or may not put off some of the old veterans but it still has that Higurashi charm that can attract the newcomers into the series.

As for Kami-sama ni Natta Hi, the usual Maeda SoL charm is there so its good on that front. Fingers crossed however on whether Maeda can pull off the climax and ending this time around since Charlotte doesn't really have a good last episode.

And for the rest of Fall season:

• Majo no Tabitabi which is basically Kino's Journey except the MC is a witch
  • Jujutsu Kaisen, the standard solid textbook supernatural action shonen,
  • Tonikaku Kawaii which is the fluffy RomCom of the season
  • Adachi to Shimamura which is the yuri fluffy RomCom of the season with a weird little thing that the author forced in because he can't let go of Denpa Onna
  • Munou no Nana with the Boku no Hero Academia ripoff (but not really)
  • Maoujou de Oyasumi as Doga Kobo's next fluffy SoL manga adaptation
  • Hanyou no Yashahime for the nostalgia of finally being able to see the world of InuYasha againit's been 84 years
  • Senyoku no Sigrdrifa which is Tappei's (ReZero's author) ambitious original anime project (1st ep is a crazy 44 minutes long!)
  • Akudama Drive which everyone touts as the dark horse of the season (and it is)

Then there's the sequels. From Haikyuu season 4 (or 5), DanMachi season 3, Mahouka season 2, GochiUsa season 3, Golden Kamuy Season 3 and finally another god damn love live anime.

Oops almost forgot to mention Kimetsu no Yaiba's movie which kept breaking Japan's box office record left right and centre.

Oh almost forgot Kud Wafter's movie/OVA is coming really soon too.

All in all, this season is actually pretty stacked despite the COVID impacting the industry. Anyone can more or less have an anime that's right up their alley. But I suppose Winter 2021 does look so much more attractive compare to the current season.

• 1 month later...

The only thing I watched was the Sleepy Princess.  It's an amusing one-trick pony, but I don't see how a second series of it could be made interesting.

I absolutely hate Talentless Nana, and dont watch it now.  She is the most spiteful, sadistic psychopathic anti-protagonist around.  I know all about her backstory, but I don't feel any sympathy for her at all.  Would really like to see her bumped of the same manner as she does anyone else, but with the manga still ongoing that's not going to happen.

Edited by Guest