Need slice of life VN recommendation

[Hun]Lepto

I have been pretty lacklustery with reading VNs nowadays, but I'm slowly gaining back my interest. I plan on completing Higurashi Question Arcs (or atleast Watanagashi-hen, it's hard to hold my interest, because I have seen the Deen anime already) and Kemono Musume no Sodataketa, but after that, I haven't fully decided on what I read. But when I was watching slice of life scenes, I got interested in a normal slice of life VN. Basically, what I'm talking about is a slice of life VN with no supernatural stuff or strange situations or overpowered ninja girls. I'm basically interested in a slice of life that would basically fit YOUR image of slice of life. Feel free to also look through the wishlist I have on VNDB.

Requirements: english or hungarian translated, the protagonist has a personality and actually matters more than just self-inserting purposes, have it be a charage, no nakige or utsuge, 18+ is not really required, but I do think of it as a nice bonus.

3 hours ago, [Hun]Lepto said:

I have been pretty lacklustery with reading VNs nowadays, but I'm slowly gaining back my interest. I plan on completing Higurashi Question Arcs (or atleast Watanagashi-hen, it's hard to hold my interest, because I have seen the Deen anime already) and Kemono Musume no Sodataketa, but after that, I haven't fully decided on what I read. But when I was watching slice of life scenes, I got interested in a normal slice of life VN. Basically, what I'm talking about is a slice of life VN with no supernatural stuff or strange situations or overpowered ninja girls. I'm basically interested in a slice of life that would basically fit YOUR image of slice of life. Feel free to also look through the wishlist I have on VNDB.

Requirements: english or hungarian translated, the protagonist has a personality and actually matters more than just self-inserting purposes, have it be a charage, no nakige or utsuge, 18+ is not really required, but I do think of it as a nice bonus.

Clannad :nippah:

When you mean supernatural is like demon-shit, right? Or -any- kind of supernatural?

Edited by Silvz

5 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Hmmm. Come to think of it, yeah, I'm being an idiot again.

Meh, to this, I'd rather say that it all depends on just how much supernatural stuff are focused on. Also, still not sure about reading a yuri VN, though I will plan reading it (which is why it's in my wishlist).

It's surprisingly hard to recommend very normal slice of life (ie no strange thing, overpowered ninja girl, or supernatural) VNs, but let me try here. For my recommendations, I would say that you should try Konosora, Noble Works, Umikana, Making Lovers, Wagahigh, and Fureraba. I know that most of those are already in your wishlist, but I guess it won't hurt to recommend it once again. I hope my recommendations here will be helpful to you.

6 hours ago, joshopit said:

-Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na

-A sky full of stars

-Atri -my dear moments- (It's a nakige but it has slice of life moments too)

-Dracu riot

-Sanoba Witch

-Air 

-Sankaku Renai: Love Triangle Trouble

-My fair princess

-Hello, goodbye

-DA CAPO series 

-Japanese School Life

-Kanon

-Kyuuketsuki no Libra

-NinNinDays

-If my heart had wings 

-Making lovers

-Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi

-Crescendo ~Eien da to Omotte Ita Ano Koro~

-Summer Pockets

Some of these have supernatural elements though. I'm interested in slice of life VNs that don't really have a bizarre plot.

Edited by [Hun]Lepto

On 10/6/2020 at 10:30 AM, littleshogun said:

It's surprisingly hard to recommend very normal slice of life (ie no strange thing, overpowered ninja girl, or supernatural) VNs, but let me try here. For my recommendations, I would say that you should try Konosora, Noble Works, Umikana, Making Lovers, Wagahigh, and Fureraba. I know that most of those are already in your wishlist, but I guess it won't hurt to recommend it once again. I hope my recommendations here will be helpful to you.

Even pointing out the more normal ones is good for me as I know if someone liked them, I can expect some quality from them. Thanks.

Though with Wagahigh, I found the plot and the characters a bit too generic (aside from Ashe), so I don't think I'm gonna really continue, I was satisfied with Ashe's route alone, I did find many other elements boring though.

Making Lovers and Fureraba are still something I'm debating about playing, because I personally don't feel comfortable with self-insert protagonists (and from what I heard, they have exactly that). Even during Wagahigh and Totono, those few obvious self-insert elements here and there made me uncomfortable

Spoiler

(though it was easier later with Totono, because there was an actual reason for that).

I like VNs more when they treat me more like an observer rather than trying to put me in as a character unless there's a reason for that. I'm holding them on my wishlist though, because I heard alot of positive feedback from it, I might read them one day.