Lost art of side-characters (MxF) getting along for a H-Scene.

onorub

As someone that sees H-Scenes as a collectable of sorts, i do like having H-Scenes for side-characters if you make certain choices. However, i think making the protagonist a manwhore that has sex with multiple chicks in one route is a lazy way to go about it, and having female side-characters getting violated by villains is even lazier. That's why i appreciate having a best friend character getting along with a side-heroine so that we can get a H-Scene with her in a way that makes sense. The way this was done that stuck with me the most was on the last route of Bullet Butlers, where you make choices to have the best friend and a side-heroine talk more privately, and they have sex towards the end of the route if your choices were correct. Quartett also had a H-Scene between side-characters if you were going through your third route, i believe.

I'd like to know about more obscure cases where that was done. I heard Abaddon is top tier when it comes to that, but i've never touched it.

Edited by onorub

Ayakashibito and Bullet Butlers both had this.  In Ayakashibito it was more innocent, but there was a rather... interesting romance

Spoiler

between the Death Clown and his prostitute lover in one of the paths of BB.

Edit: I generally consider h-scenes to have limited utility in telling a story, and I don't go out of my way to 'collect' them in normal VNs.  I pretty much only bother with h-scenes that fit my fetishes, and the rest I just blow through without even really looking.  Some h-scenes add a great deal to a story, but these are generally an exception to the rule.  There are also some writers who delight in h-scenes that are fundamentally humorous (Jingai Makyou's Kaze no Ushiro ni Ayumu Mono - yes, that is her name - has only one, very hilarious, h-scene that definitely adds to her characterization).

I can't think of any others that have where you can make choices to get side characters to H-scenes.

But ones I can think of that have (vanilla) H-scenes that aren't just with MC + girl of choice

* Swan Song

* Bokuten

* Wanko to Kurasou

Though keep in mind the top 2 have darker H scenes in addition to the vanilla

Edited by NowItsAngeTime

Yeah, having the MC bang every girl isn't very appealing to me.  I remember discussing Utawarerumono's remake with people and them acting like it missing the H-scenes was some huge loss, but I felt like an ass in that game, because of all the H-scenes. (Eruruu just deserved better!)  Personally, I like them in things like ef the best, where it's with the girl who he cares about, but maybe I'm just soft. What you're talking about might be good too, but I can't remember if any I played were like that.

49 minutes ago, ciel_yuri said:

Yeah, having the MC bang every girl isn't very appealing to me.  I remember discussing Utawarerumono's remake with people and them acting like it missing the H-scenes was some huge loss, but I felt like an ass in that game, because of all the H-scenes. (Eruruu just deserved better!)  Personally, I like them in things like ef the best, where it's with the girl who he cares about, but maybe I'm just soft. What you're talking about might be good too, but I can't remember if any I played were like that.

I kind of get what you are saying. Personally, I would rather have one on one relationships in games more than this because it is so hard to write and to do it like it is natural. It's hard these days to write a good story and not feel like dirty when writing something like this.