Hi everyone!

RiverAlpha

Hi all,

Long time lurker over here. I've been around since 2014 but don't really post or comment (I'm kind of a shy guy hahaha). I may not be present in words but I'm still here.
You can call me River or Alphy (I forgot who called me this but I got the nickname back when I was watching and commenting on Meph and Ren's Cocoro@Function stream a looong time ago. I think it might have been Zaka but not sure).

I'm interested in all sort of Japanese media from the typical manga to anime to WNs, VNs and LNs.
My first ever VN was One (from Tactics) but the VN closest to my heart is Key's Little Busters (I really resonate with the theme, the characters and I had followed it from the time translation started to when it finished).
My favorite VNs are probably moeges and charages. I read some nukiges also but I tend to avoid ones with dark plotlines (with a few exceptions).
Out of the VNs I've played recently (within the last year), I'd have to say AnoHare has got to be my favorite so far overall (I love rockets and space and I learnt a lot). My favorite VN heroine so far is Inamura Rio from Dracu-Riot. (she's my waifu :3). And my favorite protagonist is Ninomiya Hajime from IxShe Tell for being hilarious.
My translation wishlist is Kurano-kunchi no Futago Jijou (where my profile pic comes from), Natsuyume Nagisa, Karumaruka Circle, Mashiroiro Symphony, Fortune Arterial, and Natsu no Ame.

My favorite developers are Key (for general story) and Saga Planets (for general visuals).

If you have any recommendations, feel free to leave it down below. ^_^

I'll be around! Cheers!

P.S. Zaka and littleshogun are 99.9% of the reason I'm even still lurking around (I read littleshogun's blog every week hahaha and kudos to Zaka for the VNTS). Please notice me Zaka-senpai and littleshogun-senpai >.< :) 
P.P.S. For anyone curious enough, I have a list of played VNs at VNDB under the same username (https://vndb.org/u116199/ulist?vnlist=1).

Edited by RiverAlpha

3 hours ago, ciel_yuri said:

Hi! Nice intro! I like your first VN too. It always seemed like most people would always say Katawa Shoujo or something, but yours is pretty unique and more classic. (Not that I can talk though, because my first was Saya no Uta :p)

Is that everyone's first game? I played it a year or so ago after I have started playing visual novels. I got into them by a flash game I forgot the name to, but it was a visual novel that a couple of routes were locked off by paywall through Patreon. I guess cause it was free that you made that call. Anyway, I'll be quiet now. 

I think Katawa Shoujo wasn't released yet when I got into VNs. I forgot how I got into VNs also although I think it was through Little Busters when they first started TL then after reading the synopsis a bit I decided to try Key games in order (starting from One which was made by the same people who later formed Key).

16 hours ago, Jardic47 said:

Is that everyone's first game? I played it a year or so ago after I have started playing visual novels. I got into them by a flash game I forgot the name to, but it was a visual novel that a couple of routes were locked off by paywall through Patreon. I guess cause it was free that you made that call. Anyway, I'll be quiet now. 

Maybe it's because I used to spend a lot of time on 4chan and 4chan users were involved in it's creation, but yeah, I heard it a lot.  (Nowadays, it kinda seems like Doki Doki Literature Club took it's spot among those type of people.) But, really I just liked how his first was something uncommon and lesser known. You hear about the same games over and over in the VN community, so it just kinda stands out to me I guess.

Welcome to Fuwanovel and thanks for always reading my blog there. I see that you're old lurker there, and of course you can always participate in here if you wish so. As for the recommendations, unfortunately I didn't have one as of now but if you fell like it you can make a thread about that later. Although if you need some VN to consider, perhaps I can suggest you to try either Marco and Galaxy Dragon (Linear VN, although it have lot of comedy and CG) or Umikana (You didn't need to worry about the censorship because it's an all age VN in the first place). I hope that you'll enjoy yourself more at Fuwanovel here.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:38 PM, littleshogun said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel and thanks for always reading my blog there. I see that you're old lurker there, and of course you can always participate in here if you wish so. As for the recommendations, unfortunately I didn't have one as of now but if you fell like it you can make a thread about that later. Although if you need some VN to consider, perhaps I can suggest you to try either Marco and Galaxy Dragon (Linear VN, although it have lot of comedy and CG) or Umikana (You didn't need to worry about the censorship because it's an all age VN in the first place). I hope that you'll enjoy yourself more at Fuwanovel here.

Thanks for the recommendation and for your blogs :)  Umikana looks good and seems more in line with my type of VN, so I'll definitely check it out (I'll withhold judgement from it being translated by MoeNovel hahaha).