Visual Novel Monthly Recap - September 2020 Releases and Community News (ft. vndb reviews)

NowItsAngeTime

Let's see what I should comment for September recap here.

As promised I'll try to talk about Nine Episode 3 release. No much to say from Sekai's side seeing that it's going smoothly and currently they manage to get Episode 4 was at halfway translated, so good for them. Instead I'll talk about on it's possible that the author use episodic release format to gather his idea on Nine bit by bit, and that he probably didn't have full picture on Episode 4 back at 2017 (ie Nine Episode 1 release). About the cliffhanger ending that happened in Episode 1, I believe that the author was supposed to address that in the sequel, although from what I read he still not addressed it though (It might be resolved off-screen). Apparently Palette also realize that it's not good to resolve one hanging plot thread off-screen, and so they decided to released the bundle that was supposed to compile all four parts along with the new route (Which hopefully resolve last plot thread), and that bundle will be all age. Since Palette removed the sex scenes, I just hope that the new route will more than make up for it just like back at Dies Irae. I know that it'll be all age because Palette credit the VA with their real name instead of alias (They credited Miyako's VA as Fukuen Misato instead of Sawada Natsu). Other than that, I think the bundle here might be made with Steam in mind so it should be possible that Sekai will also license the bundle as well, although it might be too far-fetched as of now.

Now for the actual September releases, there's Salthe that you forgot there. Although then again, it's not the best VN for the one who easily disturbed seeing that it got some disturbing contents such as rape and torture. Other thing to note is that the developer here is the branch of Smile who is more well known to develop cute nukige such as Bokukotsu, and Salthe here is not a cute nukige. To add more interesting fact, the producer of Salthe here is also the writer for first three Nekopara VNs so yes it's quite ironic. By the way I'm quite surprised that Joyjason who usually quite critical to VNs vote this positively so it might be worth to check if you're okay with the contents.

Unlike Salthe, Wan Nyan here is more like traditional cute nukige in that the heroines is the normal human who cosplaying as catgirls and doggirls (Don't ask me on why the heroines family name are related to dog and cat), and obviously the writer here took Nekopara trend (Speaking of Nekopara, we'll have the 4th VN released at November 26th later). Another difference is that Wan Nyan here did have male MC while Salthe itself have female MC, and of course Salthe's MC here is more good looking compared to Wan Nyan MC because we can see her face in sex scenes while for Wan Nyan we occasionally see the MC didn't have face in the CG just like usual. Although Wan Nyan here have sexy alternative costumes in that you can have the heroines wear those if you want, so you can get it if only for the sexy costumes lol.

Other than those three releases, I didn't have much comment so let's just round it up below.

• At least we didn't need to wait for two months for Sekai to fix their busted Denpasoft store unlike Mangagamer.
  • As expected Frontwing released Loca Love Volume 3 with English language support, although I didn't expect that they'll release the online version in the overseas store (JAST and Fakku) immediately as well.
  • For fans of Taisho x Alice, be glad because you can play two more routes and that you didn't need to deal with the infamous translation like back at 2017 because Verdelish still the one who handle the translation.
  • At last Mangagamer announce their survey result, although at this point I treat it as formality though. Not to mention that fan still hoping the same thing such as Fate or WA2, which to say not the most sensible requests. Also their first rank (Evenicle 2) is quite ironic, because Alicesoft themselves already take an action to localize it by themselves.
  • Kara no Shoujo 3, well I wonder if Innocent Grey will ask Mangagamer for the sake of continuity or JAST if we look at their Flowers license, although I shall wait and see until the release (I'm almost certain that Innocent Grey will ask JAST to localize Flowers Winter). Also I hope that Reiji finally can have a rest from his misfortune in the ending.
  • Congratulation on Hypno's KS success, and I think the estimation of release month (December 2021) is quite reasonable if we look back at Frontier. Of course it would mean more waiting, but I'm okay with that.

I think that's all for what I can comment in September 2020.

PS - Forgot to add that there's also fault side below was planned for Spring 2021 release, so let's see on how they'll continue the story later.

Edited by littleshogun