Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Emi

Genshin impact

1 hour ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Just started playing today and my god, the gacha mechanics are seriously cursed... On the other hand, they don't bother me that much considering how non-MMO and relaxed the game feels. So far, it gave me surprisingly few incentives to rush things. And the exploration mechanics feel... Antithetical to MMO gameplay. Not sure if it's something I'm going to stick with in the long run, but I'm definitely going to have fun with it for the next few weeks, while I enjoy my new period of covid isolation. :P 

Oh, if anyone is playing in Europe, feel free to add me. My UID is 705387893 ^^

Did you mistype that? You can copy your UID from the ESC menu.

Mine's 604142826 if anyone wants to add me. My username in GI is Ahlor.

7 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Really? I thought it was supposed to be cross-platform and international.

Well, it looks like the regional servers are separate along with the social features, there's just a single client for them all. I'm not that surprised to be honest, few games both use regional servers and allows for crossplay/communication between them.

Idk if I'd go so far as to call it a shit game, but I really wish it wasn't f2p. There is still a lot of HQ content that isn't hindered by the game's major flaws.

You can make a really solid team with guaranteed characters by the time you reach AR 20, and getting a good 5-star character is not that hard thanks to the pity rule and the small pool of characters (which I would argue is better than any other gacha). I would also argue that the writing, the production values, and the exploration mechanics lend a lot to the game's overall enjoyability. The only thing I would criticize about the game's main story content is that the characters don't really leave a strong impression on me. I do also have a thing for resource management and progression strategies, but I know that's not a thing for everybody since it can break immersion.

There are a lot of things I wish the game would do better, though. I don't like the idea of Barbara only being easily attainable to people who join early (although Noelle is fine as a healer), co-op needs a lot of work, and there should be an inclusion of non-restricted repeatable content for people who don't wanna wait for the next content patch.

Okay, so I saw this post on reddit after looking up some guides , and now I immediately regret a few of the statements I made in this forum.

I shouldn't have bragged about my Venti pull. I got caught up in the moment and I unintentionally promoted unhealthy consumerism. If anyone here has any sort of gambling tendency, I sincerely apologize for that.

The game's gacha rates might be more generous than FGO's, but that comes with its own slew of issues. They're not doing it to make the game more fair and enjoyable, but to encourage awful spending habits by conditioning the player. I always wanted to downplay the gacha pushback because people were making shit arguments to attack it (and I still think they're shit), but thankfully I did run into the one logical argument as to why the system they have in place is actually worse than FGO.

The fact that I still love this game is something that bothers me somewhat. I know that I don't have to keep playing this game, but I'm already so invested that I can't pull myself away. I want to build more characters so I can experiment with their skill sets; I want to progress further in the abyss so I can earn more primo gems and get more characters to tinker with; and I want to experience that same high that I got after pulling Venti (I'm literally chasing the dragon at this point). Because of this, I am already feeling the effects of the game's conditioning. I would most definitely want to start off with the monthly primo gems, and I might not have much resistance at all if a generous sale happens to come up (I've fallen for this in Granblue Fantasy and FGO).

I would really want to support a game like this too, except I don't want to support this kind of monetization. Personally, I would value the game at $60 and would happily buy it at this price if there were no MTX, but now that I realize what this game is doing, I won't give it a dime. The game is fun, but the monetization is just as scummy as any other gacha game.

Anyways, just thought I'd share my two cents.

TL;DR:
The gacha system is more scummy than you might think.

Eh, the gacha in GI doesn't really bother me. I mean, it offers really slow progression, but the game gives you all the necessary tools to complete content without pushing you towards RL money spending and provides you with currency for literally everything you do. It might look a bit worse for people that join later down the line, if they receive none of the resources and characters we got for basically as founder bonuses, but I imagine some other form of newbie rewards will always be there.

However, what kind of kills the game for me and motivated me to stall it for now is the grind. It really expects you to do the same boss encounters and challenges over and over again and with things like weapon upgrades tied to just the same two, tiny dungeons... It becomes a slog really fast to upgrade your stuff. Also, when I realized the game expects me to do the Stormterror boss battle every week... I kind of lost my motivation to do anything. It's really dull and clunky. I find some world boss battles annoying due to the chaotic feel of their mechanics (mostly the giant plant things, I can deal with the cubes all right), but you can just do those once in a while when you need specific upgrade materials... However, I'm still not sure it's something I want to do over and over again. Obviously, every MMO has that kind of repetition, but interacting with other players often make up for that... Here I find grouping up often detrimental to efficiency of what I'm doing and as everything can be done solo...

I think a good workaround would be giving the player more freedom on what content they have to do, for example letting you buy more stuff through regional currencies, or generally some currency gained by doing stuff in the world... And dungeon rewards should circulate between a much bigger number of them – considering how small and simple these challenges are, it should not be complicated to create a decent set of instances. For now, while I really like the world and questing, power progression just feels like a massive chore that distracts me from everything that's fun about the game. And I don't think that's how even quasi-RPGs should ever feel...

9 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Eh, the gacha in GI doesn't really bother me. I mean, it offers really slow progression, but the game gives you all the necessary tools to complete content without pushing you towards RL money spending and provides you with currency for literally everything you do. It might look a bit worse for people that join later down the line, if they receive none of the resources and characters we got for basically as founder bonuses, but I imagine some other form of newbie rewards will always be there.

However, what kind of kills the game for me and motivated me to stall it for now is the grind. It really expects you to do the same boss encounters and challenges over and over again and with things like weapon upgrades tied to just the same two, tiny dungeons... It becomes a slog really fast to upgrade your stuff. Also, when I realized the game expects me to do the Stormterror boss battle every week... I kind of lost my motivation to do anything. It's really dull and clunky. I find some world boss battles annoying due to the chaotic feel of their mechanics (mostly the giant plant things, I can deal with the cubes all right), but you can just do those once in a while when you need specific upgrade materials... However, I'm still not sure it's something I want to do over and over again. Obviously, every MMO has that kind of repetition, but interacting with other players often make up for that... Here I really find grouping up often detrimental to efficiency of what I'm doing and as everything can be done solo...

I think a good workaround would be giving the player more freedom on what content they have to do, for example letting you buy more stuff through regional currencies, or generally some currency gained by doing stuff in the world... And dungeon rewards should circulate between a much bigger number of them – considering how small and simple these challenges are, it should not be complicated to create a decent set of instances. For now, while I really like the world and questing, power progression just feels like a massive chore that distracts me from everything that's fun about the game. And I don't think that's how even quasi-RPGs should ever feel...

So what you mean it feels exactly like all mobile games do :yuzuXD:

Meanwhile I can kill all bosses in the game either in 1 or 2 openings

11 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

So what you mean it feels exactly like all mobile games do :yuzuXD:

Yeah, but usually the slog is very-tightly connected with monetisation, letting you skip most annoyances with RL money. Here it's just the endgame being pretty dull and, unlike in a proper MMO, kicking in way before you're done with core story content and exploration. I don't say it's a bad thing, of course, but it makes for a weird experience. And there's no auto-play, so I can't just run the repetitive stuff in the background like in Azur Lane. 😛

Meanwhile I can kill all bosses in the game either in 1 or 2 openings

Welp, me sucking at games probably doesn't help, but when I use group search I get teamed with people that are somehow even worse. I think servers are shared with mobile, so maybe that's mobile controls being crap? Anyway, I haven't seen an easy escape from stuff being a slog yet.

On 11/15/2020 at 8:02 PM, littleshogun said:

My brother recently tried this in his laptop, while as for me I think I won't try it. I know that many people took a liking to this though.

It might be better that you don't.

I was super into this game when I started, but now that I'm caught up on all the fresh content, it feels like a chore. And now that I'm fully invested in the game's combat mechanics, I'm hard debating whether or not I should wait for another content patch before going at it again. This game has gotten me so invested in the character/equipment combat dynamics that I want to experiment with all of them, but progression is aggravatingly timegated once you've explored everything.

im only adventure level 43 or 44. but nothing left to do then spend stamina and do dailys. the events so far havent really been anything interesting either. so no clue if i will continue or not. b arely logged in last 2-3 weeks

On 11/24/2020 at 8:09 AM, Emi said:

im only adventure level 43 or 44. but nothing left to do then spend stamina and do dailys. the events so far havent really been anything interesting either. so no clue if i will continue or not. b arely logged in last 2-3 weeks

I was mulling it over for a while, and I decided to just give up on the daily grind and wait for content patches. The story content itself is not difficult enough to justify the endgame grind, and the abyss requires more commitment than its worth.

1 hour ago, Kenshin_sama said:

I was mulling it over for a while, and I decided to just give up on the daily grind and wait for content patches. The story content itself is not difficult enough to justify the endgame grind, and the abyss requires more commitment than its worth.

yea i agree. most likely how i will end up doing aswell. but at the current pace it will take close to 2 years to get the base story.  so not sure if i should just wait awhile or not. :watame: