Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Emi

Genshin impact

On 9/29/2020 at 5:03 AM, Emi said:

J7ntwcN.jpg

my main one atm :sip:

I haven't made it that far yet, only on prologue chapter 2 so far.  I don't have Fischt or Xiangling either, pretty sure you need to be adventure rank 20 to even be able to get Xiangling unless you're actually putting money into the game and was able to get it through gacha though I don't know if she is available that way.

Why aren't you using the main character in your party?

Going to be trying the PS4 version soon.

Realized too late that the progress is only shared between PC and Mobile versions of the game while the PS4 is on it's own, due to PS4 account limitations you can't use the PS4 account on the other platforms.

Edited by Shaun

Seems like the game has a few issues, every time you exit the game (just quitting to title screen is enough for some) it resets to what they was before.

#1: When using the controller and exiting to title screen it resets to keyboard (could be because the title screen doesn't have controller support for whatever reason) when you return and you have to switch it back every time.
#2: Display Mode always reverts to 1920x1080 Windowed (all resolution options besides the way top say Windowed but are in fact full screen) regardless what you have it set to but this only reverts on complete exit of the game not just to title screen, while it has the option for 4096x2160 (found at the way top and the only one that says Full Screen) it does not render in 4k nor does it ever change the resolution.
#3 Voice-overs on the main character are broken, doesn't what voice over language you use (English or Japanese etc).

Hopefully these issues will be fixed over time, it hasn't been out that long.

Going off the trailer, this almost looks like something I would like, but I'm skeptical.

Between the MTX and the daily system, this seems like a game that is going to either be a colossal grind for resources and possibly timegated to oblivion. In games like these there's almost always a gameplay incentive to spend money, and I'm not sure I need something like that right now.

That said, the gameplay does seem unique and interesting, and I am a sucker for exploration mechanics. And even though I find most gacha games deplorable, I do enjoy the gacha system itself.

Idk, I'm kinda on the ropes on this one.

Edited by Kenshin_sama

14 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Going off the trailer, this almost looks like something I would like, but I'm skeptical.

Between the MTX and the daily system, this seems like a game that is going to either be a colossal grind for resources and possibly timegated to oblivion. In games like these there's almost always a gameplay incentive to spend money, and I'm not sure I need something like that right now.

That said, the gameplay does seem unique and interesting, and I am a sucker for exploration mechanics. And even though I find most gacha games deplorable, I do enjoy the gacha system itself.

Idk, I'm kinda on the ropes on this one.

Spending money on this game is completely optional, no part of the game requires you to spend any money, there is no grind and resources are easy to get, exploring is the main point of it imho.

I'm already Adventure Rank 20 with the main character at level 40.

I suggest you just try it out, the PC version that is, you'll have the most fun on PC.

6 hours ago, Shaun said:

Spending money on this game is completely optional, no part of the game requires you to spend any money, there is no grind and resources are easy to get, exploring is the main point of it imho.

I'm already Adventure Rank 20 with the main character at level 40.

I suggest you just try it out, the PC version that is, you'll have the most fun on PC.

Ya know, this is actually not too bad. I guess I've just played a few too many gacha games and maybe had one too many discussions about said games that it's hard for me to know what to expect when someone says something about "optional spending." Because yeah, spending money is technically optional, but most of the games I've played with optional spending almost always come with a heavy-handed approach to force money out of your wallet.

But you're right on this one. In some ways it reminds me of Another Eden in that it plays a lot like a real game and only tacks the gacha elements on for people who want to buy stuff.

I suppose I was also turned off by this initially because of the language used in some of the reviews I've seen. I've heard the same things being said about so many other games that turned out boring after just one week. And see, even when they do get boring, I still find myself easily addicted to them too, so it's hard for me to trust games like these.

Thankfully it's turning out to be nothing like what I was expecting it to be. It's fun, it's engaging, the art is gorgeous, and the exploration bits are quite nice. I'm glad I didn't shy away from this one.

it have had abit of complains recently. 

alot of it being due to the stamina (resin) 

(wall of text in spoiler)

and mihoyo ignoring feedback and just do whatever.

kinda shows that they will add more ways to use the stamina in 1.1

they will add so you can convert 80 stamina to a stone that makes "tree´s" after bosses drop double loot. 

so you basicly paying 120 stamina for 1 small boss or 140 for the weekly bosses.

thats 16 hours worth of stamina for 1 boss 😕 i havent really had big problems with the stamina before but sounds like it will get rough

That never bothered me, I have no complaints at all with any part of Genshin Impact, also I have over 120 resin, it doesn't max out at 120. I keep getting items that restore 60 resin for free and can be used regardless of how much you have.

That was a waste of my time to even read that wall of text, I gave up halfway through.

Edited by Shaun

The gacha system is total BS. I don't find it particularly disadvantageous to use 4* characters to progress the game, but the barrier to fully utilizing 5* characters is absurd. Diluc isn't even worth using until he's at max constellation, and he is one of the most sought after DPS chars in the game. In that regard, Genshin Impact really does have the worst gacha. I've never encountered a game that expects you to roll multiple high-tier characters to make them usable (I couldn't even imagine the outrage).

I don't think the resin system is as restrictive as the post makes it out to be, but it could definitely be better. I'm able to get more resources than I need just from exploring, and I never felt like I ran into a progression wall (which already puts it ahead of Dragalia Lost), but man do I hate running out of mora all the time. It ends up taking away from the time and resin I could be spending on acquiring artifacts with better set bonuses.

Mihoyo's censorship of critical feedback is deplorable. No matter what people may think of a product, their feedback should never be tossed aside and ignored. China might not have that many qualms with censorship in general (at least going by what a Chinese friend in college told me), but for the international community blocking feedback is only going to make matters worse when people look outside the company-owned platforms for criticisms.

Normalizing shitty gameplay aspects is never productive. You might think that Genshin Impact is great by modern standards of f2p gacha systems, but that is a really low bar for the mainstream gaming audience. I've played enough gacha games to understand how relatively good Genshin Impact is in terms of enjoyability, but I've been divorced from them long enough to understand people's frustration with it.

Bad mechanics should always be called out. If a game wants to market itself to a mainstream audience, it needs to hold itself to a higher standard. It's like marketing KFC-tier food with a few fancy doodads to people who are accustomed to 4* restaurants. No matter how well you try to dress it up, crap will always be crap.

The feedback on artifacts is kinda meh. Finding favorable main stats are not that hard to come by; heck, it's not even that hard to find good set bonuses with favorable stats. And as for the substats? Even good rolls will barely contribute to your overall effectiveness. Finding a good artifact with the best substats is essentially min-maxing to an extreme. Yeah, it might be worth doing eventually, but only when you've already maxed out everything else.

I strongly disagree with the argument that 99% of the game is locked behind resin. It's not the kind of game where your progress is completely halted when running out of stamina. I do think the resin system should be done away with entirely, but there are better arguments for that. There's still a lot of content to enjoy while waiting for resin to refill.

I also think the chests argument is a little eh. I don't mind frequent chests with half-decent rewards, and I kinda like the way they're implemented in the game. The process of finding chests is, itself, fairly enjoyable, and the loot is never useless (unlike many other RPGs I've played). That said, I think it'd be nice if the precious/luxurious chests had better rewards considering how rare they are.

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

That never bothered me, I have no complaints at all with any part of Genshin Impact, also I have over 120 resin, it doesn't max out at 120. I keep getting items that restore 60 resin for free and can be used regardless of how much you have.

That was a waste of my time to even read that wall of text, I gave up halfway through.

The criticisms are fair, tbh. There are some points I do disagree with, but there are plenty of ways the game can improve.

Edited by Kenshin_sama

Shiny Colors actually has a similar gacha system where you need 5 copies of a character if you want to actually get high rank and beat other players (and guarantee drop is at 300 pulls for current rate-up, no other guarantee drops in the system). The thing with Genshin though is that you should not look at any tier lists (you really shouldn't in any gacha game imo) but just play with a character you like. So far you can beat anything in the game pretty casually if we don't count the higher tier dungeons where you need to think of element combos and whatnot more. The game has now been out for 2 weeks and I have 5 Barbara and 4 Fischl so give it month or two and everyone will probably have some dupes of 4 star characters and maybe one dupe of 5 star character if lucky. With the game updates coming every 6 weeks, there is plenty of time to collect everything before you can progress again in the game.

(Currently the game gets a lot more grindy after ar30 or so)

11 hours ago, Yuuko said:

just play with a character you like

Oh yeah, that's true. Heck, I still keep Amber in my party despite her apparent "uselessness" because she's cute and I like to have some fun with her E, lol. I really like Barbara too not only because she's a nice healer, but because she is absolutely adorable (and yes, I'm playing this with the English dub).

That being said, I really like Diluc. This guy is cool af; he's like the Batman of Genshin Impact. I don't want him just because he tops the tier lists.

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Amber is by no means useless, imho none of the characters are useless.

Most of the community would disagree with you, but yeah, I like using Amber. Plus, you need to have either her or Venti to fight that electro cube boss since a non-electro bow user is needed for the last phase, and I can't imagine many f2ps lucking out on Venti just yet.

1 hour ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Most of the community would disagree with you, but yeah, I like using Amber. Plus, you need to have either her or Venti to fight that electro cube boss since a non-electro bow user is needed for the last phase, and I can't imagine many f2ps lucking out on Venti just yet.

I would say it's the player that sucks at using Amber and not Amber herself being useless and I could care less what most of the community thinks about it.

3 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

First time I only had anemo protag with me and it can kill only 1 of the orbs at the time so had to do it 3 times :iamslain:

i dont level amber up at all. nor get any gear. just use her for puzzles and electro cube. 

but yea. all characters can be good. grind for getting multiple to transcend is more lategame. lvl 80 something what i heard from some people. 

that said i was lucky to get jean twice already. hear pullrate is 1 guaranteed 5star in 500 pulls.

2 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

I got Amber to 40, but I'll probably keep her there because leveling after that is really frekin hard.

Niiiiiiiice, grats.

yea, best thing is to focus on 2 main characters you will use for now.  so just to decide wich ones get booted :sip:

you will have to get 3 to 60 for the book quests tho 

Just started playing today and my god, the gacha mechanics are seriously cursed... On the other hand, they don't bother me that much considering how non-MMO and relaxed the game feels. So far, it gave me surprisingly few incentives to rush things. And the exploration mechanics feel... Antithetical to MMO gameplay. Not sure if it's something I'm going to stick with in the long run, but I'm definitely going to have fun with it for the next few weeks, while I enjoy my new period of covid isolation. :P 

Oh, if anyone is playing in Europe, feel free to add me. My UID is 705387893 ^^