Otomedream not working? (SOLVED)

Kau-tama

Are you running your computer with Non-Unicode Japanese?: Yes

Game: DRAMAtical Murder/ DMMD
Description of Problem: Every time I try to open the game it will load for a while have a black window then a box with 'otomedream has stopped working' comes up and closes the game ;_;. It worked a few days ago and one day and when I came home it started doing that. I would really appreciate the help! I've been waiting years to play this game v.v 

eqpanp.jpg

Your Operating System: Windows 7
64 or 32 bit: I don't really know...
What did you already try?: Run as admin, Re-torrent/download.
Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Yes

Took this directly from the the download page:

• Change your System Locale to Japanese.
  • It's normal for the game to go black screen, from a few sec to minutes, depends on each computer. It's the crack bypassing the ID registration program. But if the black screen closes itself or freezes or an error appears:

1) Try using AppLocale instead of the setting-system-locale-to-Japanese method.
2) Make sure you meet the minimal system requirements. Close all other programs to ensure you have enough RAM.
3) Update Directx [microsoft.com].
4) Install video codecs such as CCCP or K-Lite.
5) Your anti-virus may be disrupting the game. Turn it off or ask it to ignore needed files.
6) Restart you computer and hope it'll set itself right.

7) Run from DMMd_crack_for_ver110.exe rather than DMMD.exe

Stop the Torrent from Seeding!!! (open bittorrent program's window, right click on the torrent, click "Stop").

because it locks your files into read-only and causes problems with saving.

I know it might be a hassel to try all these things out but if you need help or get stuck just ask.

Found this on another forum.

Hello,

Sorry to trouble everyone but I'm currently experiencing a problem regarding Dramatical Murder. When I launch the game, or sometimes in the middle of the game, this window pops up, and my whole game has to close.

"www.otomedream.com has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I didn't encounter this problem at the start, I could play the game smoothly. But somehow at my 5th or 6th time playing it, this window keeps popping up and I can't play the game anymore.
I didn't touch the game files or do anything.

Hope someone can help me as I really do want to play this game. >.<

Thank you very much and sorry for any trouble caused.

I second this. I have had this problem for literally around 6 months now and I would really love to finish this game (this error happened right after I finished Noiz's route).

I have done everything that was suggested and more, reinstalling around 6 times and nothing has stopped this error!

I had that problem in reconnect and here is how I solved it. This is what I posted in another thread. DON'T do it if you don't want to restart the game.

"I had the problem where that message popped up. I eventually fixed it by going to
C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder reconnect
and deleting(or moving somewhere else) the 1.00 folder. It pretty much means there is no previous data for the game to load and it has to start over? The AppData file is hidden, so you need to turn on show hidden files."

Though for this you should go to C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder instead.

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t164977-dramatical-murder-error.html