In-game text goes out of the box

I've been doing some translation work on Jinki Resurrection for my own personal use (I'm no mean proficient in Japanese despite taking 3 years of Japanese classes during HS. I'm just using a machine translation and using dictionaries like Jisho to find the meanings for Kanji and other stuff). However, the translated sentences gets too long compared to the Japanese original. The in-game text thats in English usually goes out of the actual dialogue box. The in-game text scripts are in .AST however the functionality side of the game are all coded in Lua. I was wondering if there is anyway to adjust the font size so the full sentences fit inside the dialogue box or something on that line. If the answer is that I have to make a custom code to do so, then it'll be hard for me as I have no prior knowledge of coding.

Note: I was also wondering if the translated english sentence gets too long that it breaks the game (I usually do some translations then test the game to see if it runs properly, I ran into some issues where the game crashes and I checked any issues for syntax errors or misplacing. Nothing seems to be out of place but I'll make sure to double check once I wake up.

Note: JINKI RESURRECTION runs on the Artemis Engine.

Edited by LuminaryToTheTop
Added a note that I'm translating the game with MTL and use of JP Dicitonaries and fixing the machine translated sentences.

20 hours ago, Plastic Memories said:

you should post on VNDB ,i had the same problem like yours while translating ,and a Russian hacker helped me with that .

118227212_136083831300767_84253117632420

117427953_123698842539266_39475058561026118796737_141098334132650_11645253486327

Oh thank you for the suggestion. But VNDB is widely looked by actual Japanese companies since it is the largest Visual Novel Database site in existence. I wonder if it is safe to post a thread on there and the translation that I'm doing this game is solely for myself, I'm have no intention of releasing this to the public. It's just something I want to enjoy personally by myself. I noticed in your post about the game you're translating that an actual employee of the company who made the visual novel was involved. Did they just asked you to take down the thread or did they pursuit legal cases wise? Sorry to ask so much, I'm super cautious usually.

Edited by LuminaryToTheTop