JINKI RESURRECTION Script Extraction [Solved]

I am able to extract the necessities such as sprites, CG, BG, sounds, etc using GARBRO for the root.pfs files, however I am having difficult on how to extract the scripts to able to configure in-game texts and such for the game. The game uses Artemis Engine and there really isn't much insight or guides on how to extract scripts from games that uses the Artemis engine. I'm hoping someone could help me out as this is my first time doing data and script extractions.

Edit: I was able to find scripts with different . endings. .AST, .Lua, .asb but I'm not sure what they exactly are besides the .Lua and still am struggling to find the actual in-game texts.

Edit Again: I was able to find the in-game texts as they are all located in .AST files. However, I was wondering on how to repack them into the root.pfs so I can overwrite the original root.pfs folder in the game directory.

Edit: Solved this issue. Post closed.

Edited by LuminaryToTheTop
Change

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Plastic Memories said:

you should post the method here so if people in the future wants to translates GIGA visual novels ,they can look it up

I think it won't be the case. You see, GIGA's most commonly used engine is NeXaS. But the topicstarter said this game is on Artemis. And it uses pfs archives and .asb, .lua and .AST scripts, so this engine is most likely Artemis. So even if people know about working with Artemis games, they could work with only few games of GIGA.

But I have worked with Artemis at some point, so I'll post here a method (do note, there are some other methods as well).

1) Extract archives with GARbro (there are some other tools, but GARbro is the most supporting, for there are some types of pfs archives). You need to preserve the folder structure.
2) Change font (if needed). Most often it in "font" subfolder from archives.
3) Edit scripts (strings in scripts or actual code). Scripts are in open format (well, it is case in most Artemis games at least), so there should not be any problems. It even uses Unicode (as I saw).
4) Edit images. No problems with this one.
5) Delete archives to force game pick data from subfolders.

That's all. NeXaS is somewhat more tricky, especially then working for non-English translation project.

Edited by Tester