Kurayami: Help With Asset Extractio

Sanjay852

Hello. My friend and I have taken it upon ourselves to try and translate the old 1996 Melody game Kurayami (for PC-98 and Win95) into English.

I have some familiarity with a few visual novel engines and I know there are resources for other engines that I'm not familiar with. However, this one has thrown me for a complete loop and I am unable to find any documentation on this.

My main issue is trying to extract the files from the main archive so I can edit them. They are contained within strange .PCK files. I am unable to find any tool that can open it. Opening it in a hex editor shows me some patterns, but I'm afraid I don't know what I'm really looking for. Ghidra recognized several .WAV sound effects, but no images or scripts.

If anyone knows how to extract the assets in this file, please let me know. My friend and I are excited to work on this and we want to make a patch so others may enjoy it as well.

jiofi.local.html

router network

Edited by Sanjay852